View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 3 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
nD* Jail Member

#1 Post Farming levels (afks)
In some maps the afk player/s just gets pushed ahead (at spawn point) due to which when some other players kills him it does not count as afk. I have seen players farming tens of levels by killing those afks. I did kick the afk but members aren't usually online in surf servers..... Please fix this and thank you!!

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:22 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Farming levels (afks)
The maps themselves push players forward, an AFK plugin won't really detect them since they're moving.
The map itself would have to be changed to not push them forward.
But pushing forward is also useful to prevent too much camping in the spawn areas, so it's a pretty 50/50 issue with no actual solutions other than moderators/admins keeping an eye on them and redirecting/switching them to spec.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
VIP

#3 Post Re: Farming levels (afks)
Gotouda Aki wrote:
The maps themselves push players forward, an AFK plugin won't really detect them since they're moving.
The map itself would have to be changed to not push them forward.
But pushing forward is also useful to prevent too much camping in the spawn areas, so it's a pretty 50/50 issue with no actual solutions other than moderators/admins keeping an eye on them and redirecting/switching them to spec.
If you'd like I can take a look at the maps in question where this happens, just give me the names.

As you said it's pretty much 50/50, the push has it's pro's but also con's, could also just change the push to push in the other direction instead, so they would get pushed back into the spawn room or any other direction really, would still be annoying for them to try to camp but wouldn't give the enemies free kills.

it's up to you guys, u know where to find me.

Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:49 pm
nD* Jail Member

#4 Post Re: Farming levels (afks)
Sure I will put up the list here tomorrow or so... Really appreciate your help :D

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]