View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm



Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
nD* Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 40 times
#1 Post Team switching
Hi guys,

So it's a query that why is a level lost when you switch your team from the to ct and vice versa?? I think this needs to be fixed because I have noticed whenever the teams are unfair people(including me) hesitate to switch because of the level lost..... :/

Many times people from a team disconnected maybe because a pro from the opposite team knifes them a number of times... This makes the teams unfair and for autoteam balance everyone in a team has to be dead at a moment. This doesn't happen when there are more players online and instant respawn ofcourse

_________________
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Image


Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 pm
Profile
nD* Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am
Has thanked: 106 times
Been thanked: 57 times
#2 Post Re: Team switching
Basically, team switching is recognized as suiciding, hence why you lose a level. You can, however, switch team while you are dead without losing a level. You are dead for about 2 sec, which gives you a small window to switch team so it is not an optimal option.

An admin will have to look into the issue.

_________________
Regards,
zapt0r


Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:44 am
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 38 times
#3 Post Re: Team switching
Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.

_________________
Image


Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:17 am
Profile
nD** Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: on the internet
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 19 times
#4 Post Re: Team switching
Joel Miller wrote:
Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.


there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598

_________________
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.




Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:17 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany (NRW)
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 161 times
#5 Post Re: Team switching
cuddly teddy bear ツ wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:
Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.


there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598

I don't think this would work properly on the surf sever. Usually the plugins switches player teams on round end/begin. And depending on team score.
On Surf-GG there is ideally only one round. Everyone keeps respawning. (Sometimes round will end due to all players of one team being dead at the same time.)


Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile
nD** Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: on the internet
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 19 times
#6 Post Re: Team switching
regit wrote:
cuddly teddy bear ツ wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:
Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.


there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598

I don't think this would work properly on the surf sever. Usually the plugins switches player teams on round end/begin. And depending on team score.
On Surf-GG there is ideally only one round. Everyone keeps respawning. (Sometimes round will end due to all players of one team being dead at the same time.)


oh yes i forgot about that...

there's another plugin that is in the lgk deathmatch that says 'Next dying Terrorist will be switched the Counter-Terrorist team' and vice versa, but i don't know the name of it.

_________________
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.




Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 38 times
#7 Post Re: Team switching
Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:36 am
Profile
nD* Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 40 times
#8 Post Re: Team switching
Let's hope it gets fixed ASAP!! :roll:

_________________
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:05 am
Location: India
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 48 times
#9 Post Re: Team switching
Funny thing is when you die by fall damage, you don't loose a level. This can be intentional/ accident so can't blame such a suicide by a level punishment. If I have low HP and am being chased by a player with a knife I can just use fall damage to suicide and save myself from loosing a level.

The only suicide which should make you loose a level should be typing kill in console or self made. I think the game recognizes team switch as" kill ; switch team ; revive. "The kill part is what is considered suicide and it's similar to typing kill in console so if this level lost is removed then players will be able to abuse it by typing kill in console when stuck In the cage/low. Fixing this is a difficult task.

Edit: So, I was playing on a server yesterday which used a plugin which we can use too to fix this.
So when you press 'm' or your 'jointeam' bind then it opens a menu like in /shop which has these options:
1. Switch to CT
2. Switch to T
3. Switch to spectator.

I can't say for sure but maybe we can try this plugin for team switch and see if the game recognizes this as suicide or no.

_________________
(^_-)
STEAM_0:1:207899326

Spoiler: show
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i willl protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?searchtext=Sakar&searchradio=name&searchselect=closed&search=Search%21


Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:24 am
Profile
neonDragon Admin

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 338 times
#10 Post Re: Team switching
Joel Miller wrote:
Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.


No moderation needed in the context of teambalancing. There are no situations on the server where you would ever need to use the ndmenu to switch a player, and is a tool reserved for the jailbreak server only to switch bad CTs. Please do not abuse this feature.


Hi guys,

So it's a query that why is a level lost when you switch your team from the to ct and vice versa?? I think this needs to be fixed because I have noticed whenever the teams are unfair people(including me) hesitate to switch because of the level lost..... :/

Many times people from a team disconnected maybe because a pro from the opposite team knifes them a number of times... This makes the teams unfair and for autoteam balance everyone in a team has to be dead at a moment. This doesn't happen when there are more players online and instant respawn ofcourse


You dont loose level if you get killed by the map, e.g. falling off high ground. When dead you can quickly switch team, and is what i do every time i need to switch team. Its maybe not practical for most, but team switching sadly executes the same command as "kill" in console. Adding a plugin will have minimal effect, since majority of players will either not care about switching or never will know the command, no matter how much we advertise it. Not worth the troubles that regit posted, for a feature that will be used by 1-2 people.

MicroChip wrote:
Funny thing is when you die by fall damage, you don't loose a level. This can be intentional/ accident so can't blame such a suicide by a level punishment. If I have low HP and am being chased by a player with a knife I can just use fall damage to suicide and save myself from loosing a level.

The only suicide which should make you loose a level should be typing kill in console or self made. I think the game recognizes team switch as" kill ; switch team ; revive. "The kill part is what is considered suicide and it's similar to typing kill in console so if this level lost is removed then players will be able to abuse it by typing kill in console when stuck In the cage/low. Fixing this is a difficult task.

Edit: So, I was playing on a server yesterday which used a plugin which we can use too to fix this.
So when you press 'm' or your 'jointeam' bind then it opens a menu like in /shop which has these options:
1. Switch to CT
2. Switch to T
3. Switch to spectator.

I can't say for sure but maybe we can try this plugin for team switch and see if the game recognizes this as suicide or no.


When we added level reduction when dying off the map, it pissed off alot of regulars on the server, and made the game much less enjoyable. Kill in console however was often abused in the past for the PRO's to kill themselves when they were about to loose a knife fight with low HP. They binded the command to a key. Pros can still escape but is now much harder.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 38 times
#11 Post Re: Team switching
Pukata wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:
Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.


No moderation needed in the context of teambalancing. There are no situations on the server where you would ever need to use the ndmenu to switch a player, and is a tool reserved for the jailbreak server only to switch bad CTs. Please do not abuse this feature.


With moderation i meant like asking them to make balance on their own. Never switched someone against their will or would do it, was just saying.

In conclusion, its sadly not possible to do anything about the team balance because like you said most players/regulars dont care anyway.
Unsatisfying :/

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 13 times
#12 Post Re: Team switching
Pukata wrote:
When we added level reduction when dying off the map, it pissed off alot of regulars on the server, and made the game much less enjoyable. Kill in console however was often abused in the past for the PRO's to kill themselves when they were about to loose a knife fight with low HP. They binded the command to a key. Pros can still escape but is now much harder.

To be fair, I am using it always, when I am playing. Esp. on the last two levels. I think, that regulars know the parachute advantage. For me its uncommon that pro's are in the cage, if they don't want to.

I have no prob with that. Let it as it is, no rly point to change.

_________________
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.


Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:10 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.