Project GHOSTING.

Moderator: J4ck

User avatar
Rhyme
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Project GHOSTING.

Post by Rhyme »

Some people just love to fuck with the entire mod and eliminate any chance of fun by rebelling because they are disabled and cant find out information by the normal way which is looking arround/paying attention. So people would rather ghost because they just too bad at game. and this usually happens over discord, and its no fun for others.

Now here i came up with a very smart solution. Simple there are 2 ways.

Hard but better way
Easy but less effort put into it way.

Hard way : Give everyone the ability to choose who can spectate them or just a spectate on/off option incase they didnt want anyone spectating them. Ofcourse this doesnt apply to the admins/members

Easy way : Give everyone the ability to turn spectators on/off.

I really hope i dont hear this is impossible or its gonna lag the server or any of this. because truth to be said the game is getting shit on by certain groups of people who chill in a call and ghost. and ofcourse we cant do anything since we got no proof. There now you have a solution try to implement it please.
Image

nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 80000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 400000 nD$ and lost.
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by zapt0r »

How would any of the suggested ways prevent ghosting?
Regards,
zapt0r
Silence
nD*** Jail Member
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:08 pm
Location: Cracow, Poland
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Silence »

zapt0r wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 am
How would any of the suggested ways prevent ghosting?
If spec was disabled constantly like during HNS then it would be possible to prevent ghosting or at least limit it.
/specoff /specon i guess thats what you propose, optionally turning off possibility to spectate you

However, admins are busy with much more important stuff working days and nights (literally) so i wouldnt expect it to be implemented soon but we could discuss pros and cons of that solution anyway.
I see it interesting since lots of our regular players (not naming them here) are ghosting literally every round, being free from risk since they use steam messages.
hoho
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by hoho »

This is just not gonna work with /ghost system on or even with the free cam spectate mode .

Being unable to spectate the other team and disabling free cam and /ghost is the only way to fix this but /ghost wasn't added just to be removed again, in case you're saying that system is useless and its only harming the gameplay, then you're wrong because jb rounds can take forever and its so boring to wait a round out.

As for disabling free cam and the ability to spectate the other team is just gonna make it even more boring , you're literally gonna have 0 control of the situation while being dead, not only that.... But you're gonna have to disable the /ghost system as well.

Btw if u were hiding in some corner in the map and someone found you doesn't mean he was ghosted, a ct could simply count how many escapers there are and just go search for them and in case you were a ct hiding in some corner then you should be ctbanned
User avatar
Zeke
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: Murica!¡
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 36 times
Contact:

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Zeke »

-1 get over it.
Razor8182
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:58 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Razor8182 »

I haven't really had a problem with ghosting on the server. The main problem for ghosting was in hns but that has been resolved a long time ago by limiting the ability to spectate to only cts, and people ghosting rebellers doesn't really happen that often from what I can see.

And your hard and easy option are basically the same thing except the hard option gives you the ability to choose who you want and don't want to spectate you.

I don't really think that'll help because if any of these options get implemented then every time you rebel, you would have to turn off the ability for people to spectate you and then turn it back on, which I doubt anyone would keep doing that so they'll just always keep it off and spectating people will just be limited to cts and a couple of noobs on the ts.

If we tweak your suggestion a little though, then we can come up with some sort of rebeller system, but even then it would just be tedious for the admins to implement, unnecessary and it would conflict with other features of the game.

tldr; Don't think ghosting is a big problem. Your suggestions are the same thing except one has extra stuff. It wouldn't be ideal for anyone. Tweaking and implementing your suggestion would be a lot of work for admins and in the end everyone will throw shit at them for doing it.
User avatar
Rhyme
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Rhyme »

zapt0r wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 am
How would any of the suggested ways prevent ghosting?
By giving everyone the ability to turn spectators off/on or choosing who can spec them, you eliminate people from watching you therefore decreasing the chance of getting ghosted, however /ghost is still in place which can be used to ghost but im not really worried about that.

However i strongly believe an option to turn on/off or even better to choose who you allow to spectate your is the butter on the toast in this scenario

I know this maybe some work to put into it but please think of the outcome.. imagine a ghostfree server.. how sick would that be. everyone will have a chance to do whatever they want which is a massive +1.. and if you guys have enough time you can implement a system where you can choose people who can spectate you. and these are obviously people you trust/know. on the other hand members/admins have access no matter what so this wouldent apply to them
Btw if u were hiding in some corner in the map and someone found you doesn't mean he was ghosted, a ct could simply count how many escapers there are and just go search for them and in case you were a ct hiding in some corner then you should be ctbanned
Hoho, yea sure however sometimes its a pisstake how obvious it is you got ghosted.. like imagine hiding somewhere escapeable, cts all leave the area, 1 minute later a ct opens cells and goes straight to that cell and kills you. tell me this isnt ghosting.
I haven't really had a problem with ghosting on the server.
Trust me... its terrible
Image

nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 80000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 400000 nD$ and lost.
Silence
nD*** Jail Member
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:08 pm
Location: Cracow, Poland
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Silence »

Zeke wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:37 am
-1 get over it.
There's nothing wrong in discussing community issues especially if someone feels unfair, even if an idea to solve it doesn't proceed further - that's what forums are for.
hoho
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by hoho »

Rhyme wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:09 am
like imagine hiding somewhere escapeable, cts all leave the area, 1 minute later a ct opens cells and goes straight to that cell and kills you. tell me this isnt ghosting.
I myself when i play as a ct i close the cells after everyone went to the cage and when the commander takes em somewhere else , i open the cells and check them out.

I have been caught rebelling quite alot , but i always give the guy who found me the benefit of the doubt , especially when he's someone i know and trust

What im trying to say is that there could be reasons you don't know for why he checked the place you were in , for example someone could've seen you just as you walk around a corner then he goes silently there and kills you .

In addition to what i said in the previous reply, ghosting is sometimes necessary...
User avatar
Rhyme
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Rhyme »

hoho wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 am
Rhyme wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:09 am
like imagine hiding somewhere escapeable, cts all leave the area, 1 minute later a ct opens cells and goes straight to that cell and kills you. tell me this isnt ghosting.
I myself when i play as a ct i close the cells after everyone went to the cage and when the commander takes em somewhere else , i open the cells and check them out.

I have been caught rebelling quite alot , but i always give the guy who found me the benefit of the doubt , especially when he's someone i know and trust

What im trying to say is that there could be reasons you don't know for why he checked the place you were in , for example someone could've seen you just as you walk around a corner then he goes silently there and kills you .

In addition to what i said in the previous reply, ghosting is sometimes necessary...


Cells were already checked, cts left and then one ct came back openned cells and the first cell he checked was mine, and i got killed. to me this is clear ghosting.. and ofc its by the person i suspected in first place
Image

nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 80000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 400000 nD$ and lost.
User avatar
Supercell
nD* Jail Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:52 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Supercell »

This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
Lionel Messi best player in football history
User avatar
Rhyme
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Rhyme »

Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
Good point. Well tbh we would have to then sacrifice an option..
Image

nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 80000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 400000 nD$ and lost.
User avatar
Panda
nD* Jail Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Panda »

Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
I think this will have a much greater impact on gameplay compared to what ghosting is doing and what the plugin will prevent.

The topic does raise a good point though, there is a lot more ghosting happening now adays and its quite clear in games where ct's can influence who survives by their knowledge e.g the colour in the colour game. I'm not sure this is counterable in any way, you can't prevent people from being on discord together and it's hard to prove anything once they are. The impact isn't major either as a variety of people get LR all the time, until it is significant I don't think much should be done..
Image
User avatar
austria_wien
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by austria_wien »

Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
maybe it will be better with HLTV. if it is coming.

well there is indeed more ghosting as in the old days. also more public.
when in HNS suddenly a CT is sayin "he is in the DNJ" and me doin no noise or anything, well it is pretty clear.

dont know if it is working or not, but a small step would be disable pms in HNS. ofc you wont prevent it, but at least a small step. ;)
Panda wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
I think this will have a much greater impact on gameplay compared to what ghosting is doing and what the plugin will prevent.

The topic does raise a good point though, there is a lot more ghosting happening now adays and its quite clear in games where ct's can influence who survives by their knowledge e.g the colour in the colour game. I'm not sure this is counterable in any way, you can't prevent people from being on discord together and it's hard to prove anything once they are. The impact isn't major either as a variety of people get LR all the time, until it is significant I don't think much should be done..
true
Last edited by austria_wien on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
User avatar
Rhyme
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Project GHOSTING.

Post by Rhyme »

austria_wien wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:14 pm
Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
maybe it will be better with HLTV. if it is coming.

well there is indeed more ghosting as in the old days. also more public.
when in HNS suddenly a CT is sayin "he is in the DNJ" and me doin no noise or anything, well it is pretty clear.

dont know if it is working or not, but a small step would be disable pms in HNS. ofc you wont prevent it, but at least a small step. ;)
Panda wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm
Supercell wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
This is not really usefull , I mean what if anybody wants to report a specific player and he needs to spectate him for simple cheating and that cheater turns off spectators ? I mean you should spectate everybody eventhough it can affect the gameplay sometimes by ghosting , this will never work out in my eyes because ghosting will always be there no matter what.
I think this will have a much greater impact on gameplay compared to what ghosting is doing and what the plugin will prevent.

The topic does raise a good point though, there is a lot more ghosting happening now adays and its quite clear in games where ct's can influence who survives by their knowledge e.g the colour in the colour game. I'm not sure this is counterable in any way, you can't prevent people from being on discord together and it's hard to prove anything once they are. The impact isn't major either as a variety of people get LR all the time, until it is significant I don't think much should be done..
true
The issue is the HLTV wont prove anything, admins can check logs however ghosting takes place in steam/discord. and not on server as they know they will get fuckedup if they do
Image

nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 25000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 80000 nD$ and lost.
nD* Jail | Rhyme has gambled 400000 nD$ and lost.
Post Reply

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests