[Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Image | IP: 185.37.216.135:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, zapt0r

Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

I already have that in the code,
but maybe the 'Shop' bugs.

I'll take a look into it later.
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Tagliano`
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:29 pm
Location: France

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Tagliano` »

I appreciate all the effort and all the work you put in it and i thought having a /funday menu could've been a good idea, but after playing a few days, it proved me wrong. I think that putting a limit on the fundays should be implanted because it just reduce ct's enthusiasm, or volunteer about commanding ( it's easier to do /funday than cmd a whole day i guess.. ) We played fundays over and over and wasnt entertaining at all in my opinion. ( I announced a day and a funday vote popped off and we had to play a funday, was about to cmd... it happened several times. )
Don't get me wrong, i like the new fundays and all but I feel like i had to point that out.
Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what they're going to remember about me.
Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

Tagliano` wrote:I appreciate all the effort and all the work you put in it and i thought having a /funday menu could've been a good idea, but after playing a few days, it proved me wrong. I think that putting a limit on the fundays should be implanted because it just reduce ct's enthusiasm, or volunteer about commanding ( it's easier to do /funday than cmd a whole day i guess.. ) We played fundays over and over and wasnt entertaining at all in my opinion. ( I announced a day and a funday vote popped off and we had to play a funday, was about to cmd... it happened several times. )
Don't get me wrong, i like the new fundays and all but I feel like i had to point that out.
There is a limit, if there is more then 12 players (if I'm right),
So when there is a low amount of players, people can have some fun with the fundays.

Otherwise there should be a limit of 3 rounds, before starting a new funday.
This might need to be increased.

I hope admins will discus on the next meeting, what settings it should have,
I putted these settings for 'beta'.

But thanks for your feedback,
That's what we are looking for, what people want different, ...
So in the end we have a product that everyone can agree on, and actually likes.


Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Cruxell
VIP
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Cruxell »

This new system of fundays encourages CTs to give up commanding and spam /funday every round. Whenever there are no volunteers for commanding and the time approaches 4:00, CTs simply solve this issue by throwing fundays which, I'll give you, are clever and innovative, but are being played too often due to the ease of accepting them, thus causing an oversaturation. The old system worked well so instead of modifying it work on adding new fundays, like the Battle Royale one - a marvelous example of a combination of creativity and proficient coding. Scrap the twelve players limit, for that is considered a leastways average amount of players nowadays and replace it by allowing unlimited fundays only if there is a single or none CTs. The three round limit is far from being sufficient. It may be best to simply limit it to once per map, or twice under specific conditions. Remove the newly gained powers from individuals and democratically give them to everyone by restoring the old plugin - thus preventing the usage of fundays when commanders are estimable enough.
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by zapt0r »

Cruxell wrote:This new system of fundays encourages CTs to give up commanding and spam /funday every round. Whenever there are no volunteers for commanding and the time approaches 4:00, CTs simply solve this issue by throwing fundays which, I'll give you, are clever and innovative, but are being played too often due to the ease of accepting them, thus causing an oversaturation. The old system worked well so instead of modifying it work on adding new fundays, like the Battle Royale one - a marvelous example of a combination of creativity and proficient coding. Scrap the twelve players limit, for that is considered a leastways average amount of players nowadays and replace it by allowing unlimited fundays only if there is a single or none CTs. The three round limit is far from being sufficient. It may be best to simply limit it to once per map, or twice under specific conditions. Remove the newly gained powers from individuals and democratically give them to everyone by restoring the old plugin - thus preventing the usage of fundays when commanders are estimable enough.
Yes it is a problem and we will be revising the funday-limit, and how to start a funday. Hopefully, we will get it balanced out as soon as possible.
Regards,
zapt0r
Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

I've pushed temporary changes to the cvars,
So first 5 rounds you can't start a funday (Before 3)
Then every 7 rounds another funday can be started (Before 3)

Lowpopulation is now only activated when only 7 or lower on the server (Before 10)

Next week there should be another Admin meeting,
so I'll make sure they push it on their scheme.

Also maybe they should discus if CTs should actually have the power,
to start a funday. Or go back to the old way.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
User avatar
stickysteez
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:36 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by stickysteez »

How can we stop people picking up guns from the GR on battle royale funday?

Would be nice to add a plugin which blocks people trying to restart a funday each round.
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
User avatar
PeshK
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:06 pm
Location: SWE

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by PeshK »

Cruxell wrote:This new system of fundays encourages CTs to give up commanding and spam /funday every round. Whenever there are no volunteers for commanding and the time approaches 4:00, CTs simply solve this issue by throwing fundays which, I'll give you, are clever and innovative, but are being played too often due to the ease of accepting them, thus causing an oversaturation. The old system worked well so instead of modifying it work on adding new fundays, like the Battle Royale one - a marvelous example of a combination of creativity and proficient coding. Scrap the twelve players limit, for that is considered a leastways average amount of players nowadays and replace it by allowing unlimited fundays only if there is a single or none CTs. The three round limit is far from being sufficient. It may be best to simply limit it to once per map, or twice under specific conditions. Remove the newly gained powers from individuals and democratically give them to everyone by restoring the old plugin - thus preventing the usage of fundays when commanders are estimable enough.
kontra went to school during time he was banned i notice. congrats on english lesson
Spoiler!
Image
Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

stickysteez wrote:How can we stop people picking up guns from the GR on battle royale funday?

Would be nice to add a plugin which blocks people trying to restart a funday each round.
Atm I have a '1 round' block for the person, if hes funday vote failed.
We could increase this, to stop spamming.

But that's something the next admin meeting will tell me what todo.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
User avatar
stickysteez
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:36 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by stickysteez »

Xalus wrote:
stickysteez wrote:How can we stop people picking up guns from the GR on battle royale funday?

Would be nice to add a plugin which blocks people trying to restart a funday each round.
Atm I have a '1 round' block for the person, if hes funday vote failed.
We could increase this, to stop spamming.

But that's something the next admin meeting will tell me what todo.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Cool! And what about picking up guns from the gr? Is it something we could change?
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

Hm personally I don't know if that's a necessary thing that the server needs,
all weapons are allowed and can be found in the map,

If the guy wants to risk to be locked in the gunroom for a better chance for a good gun,
Not sure that's worth the risk.

But this will also be discussed on the admin meeting.

It would be an easy add of 3 lines if it's actually needed tho.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Xalus
Coder
Posts: 606
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:00 am

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Xalus »

22/04

- Changed the rendering of 'Rambo' and 'President' to a more visible one.
- Hide 'n Seek and Sparta removed again from funday system. (Old /hns and /sparta still active)
- Rambo disconnect solved, game will end now.
- Rambo shows damage you've done in total to the 'Rambo'
- Added nD Cash to most damage done to 'Rambo' (Funday: Rambo)
- One in the Chamber CT unlimmited ammo fixed
- Battle Royal is temporarily only possible in 'jb_snow', or an admin starts it. (Until I find a way to solve the weapon spawn bugs)

- Terrorist funday vote (/votefunday | /fdvote | /funday) is back.

We started working on 'Freezetag' funday, it's almost finished some last tweaking. (Probably for next weekend)
Also there are plans for some sort of 'Gang' funday.

Future bugs, ideas, please report them here or on the 'Bug Topic',
I had no ideas these bugs happend, so in the future I can solve them faster.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Team
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak
Hyperion
nD* Jail Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: [Suggest] Jailbreak Days, Fundays cleanup.

Post by Hyperion »

Great work Xalus making it more streamlined it pays off I enjoy the new days (and the system)!
Post Reply

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”