View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 11 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
nD** Jail Member

#1 Post I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
This topic is more likely for the newcomers inside the CT-Team.
Which includes commanding successful and enjoyable rounds for the T's also to be a helping hand for an other Commander !!!

I will list some things up which can hopefully help you to not be scared at the beginning inside the CT-Team and how you can improve on different things.

Before you start:

Make sure you tested your (new) mic before you use it ingame. Why? Because it helps you to become more understandable by the others. A mic which is too low or too loud makes it hard for the T's to follow the simplest commands. And a mic with disturbing background sounds as for echo or sough too.
You can do a microphone test when you open your cs and go to options. There you find voice in a register. Click on it and you see voice transmit volume and voice receive volume. An advice is to not set your voice transmit volume to the max which will be boosted as too loud. Start with the middle and press on microphone test and see how you understand your voice by yourself. Try to figure out which the optimal setting is for you to be heard in the best way.
Also many headset have an extra cd to balance all more out better too. For those settings you can easy google your microphone settings.

After the microphone setting:

- Join the the CT-Team and choose a gun which makes you feel comfortable and safe. A suggestion is to pick an AK or M4a1 at the beginning to have a gun with which you can warnshot properly and not to warn with an OP gun like awp or shotgun with which you are not allowed to warn because of making too much damage.

- Leave the gunroom and look for a spot where you can be a good backup for the commander and where you have a good overview towards the cells and cage since many will try to escape or rebell.
Make also sure you have enough distance from the T's to not get easy shot or knifed down. To stay on top of the cage is often no good idea because the most cages allow to let bullets going trough the glass (TMP or Mac10) also a stab/slash from a guy with jetpack can kill you there.

- As a CT you are supposed to listen clearly to the commander too like the T's have to. If you don't pay enough attention you might freehit/freekill someone for no reason. Also you make sure with that to know when you are allowed to warnshot someone or at the end to kill if a T don't follow the commands.

- Remember that you as a CT need to backup your commander as best as you can but that dosn't mean your main goal is to succeed the round no matter how. Many CT's tend to warnshot too much which means warning shots shouldn't be more than 1-2 bullets. And you will see after 1 or 2 bullets a T is willing to follow the commands or to go back to the announced spot from the commander if they tried to escape or rebell.

- Play at the beginning some rounds as a CT to get a feeling on what you have to focus on. Which can be a lot at the beginning if you are not used to it.

- If you decide that you wanna try to command a round for the T's then don't be shy or scared to fail. Almost all had the same feeling at the beginning like you and for sure many failed the first rounds or simply fucked up. This is atleast the way to train your commanding skills and to feel more and more self confident by what you are doing (in this case commanding).

[Follow some simple steps]:

* Ask your teammates to take positions

* Make sure you know what game of the map you wanna play and what you try to do as a commander. Like deciding where you wanna lead the T's to (Cage, Line, Tables and so on...)

* Make sure you always announce the day before you open the cells (cage day, line day, table day and so on...)

** remember to open before 4:00 and don't be scared if an escaper opend the cells because aslong you announced the day before he did it, it is still your cage day or whatever !!! But for sure there are some exceptions too if you play a spelling bee day or other days like hiding m4a1 day. Those rules you can find here http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4024

* Try to not create only the days which are easy for you to command, otherwise you will never learn to play not more than a sawgame or simon says day. It is normal that you wont command all rounds properly for different reason like the T's bought guns to rebell or some CT's werent a good help or simply didn't pay enough attention to all.

* Try to be creative with your commanding and the rounds in general. No T wanna play the same games over and over again and will probably get mad later or simply annoyed. If you dont know which games you can play look here http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14069 and have a look on the map which can be played.

* Repeat commands if you see some T's dont listen and start warnshooting them if its needed.

* Read the chat too which will be very hard at the beginning. Commanding + chat reading + looking what your teammates do + other stuff (can be hard). But often players try to tell you things like "we played that game" or even come up with good ideas what you can do as a commander.

* If you freehit/freekill someone or simply failed your own commanding just be a man and apologize afterwards and no one will really complain then.

For the end:

Learn by other Commanders/CT's and have a look on what they are doing (specially some oldschool regulars/commanders). Don't overuse your guns with warning shots and don't be lame all the time. Don't give T's which tried to escape or rebell more and more bullets in his body (if he is willing to go back) just bcs he didn't listend really in first place enough. Also sometimes a T which likes you will slash you with his knife so there is not always a need to kill him directly. Same if one tried to kill/stab you and didn't do any damage then you can let it go and see it as a "haha you failed" one and continue. If he for sure try it again you can kill him.

So all in all start commanding and don't lose hope if you fail a round or got killed by a T. The T's like to focus on the commander and to get him killed. Rebelling is also a part of this gameplay. Don't take that personal. Try to command with fun for yourself and the T's. The more you command the more you will see how easy it can be and that you don't need to be shy or scared of something.

Now Good luck as a CT and maybe a (good) commander too !!!

Spoiler: show

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 pm

#2 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
could u add "You have to speak fine English"?

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
nD** Jail Member

#3 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
Tixler wrote:
could u add "You have to speak fine English"?

No need for it most CT's get tested before via discord. And even if they don't speak a proper english they can/will learn this aswell inside the servers. You can be sneaky enough and help them instead of laughing about them. Not all are used to it to speak english well.

Spoiler: show

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:12 pm

#4 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
wow great job bro .
btw for me to be a good commander . its to easy just don't play hard . the ts are reall players and this is only a game you are not here to oblige them to do what you want with simon or without . try to have fun with them . example you say follow me silent walk only . if any one jump this is not the end of the life .. try to have fun with them they will enjoy your days . and you will be a good commander
btw if you have zero or madlife or aash or decency in t tema just free kill them .

Last edited by Lite sensei on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm

#5 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
I got my ct access fairly recently and I tried to be CT for a few rounds.

UTTER FAIL.
I guess it will take some time.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm

#6 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
gigabyte_gamer wrote:

UTTER FAIL.

Do quick commands and everyone will follow. For example, if you tell everyone to line up in the middle of the cage, don't wait an entire minute until you line everyone up and perfectly cuz that will just waste time and make the round longer for spectators. But instead just tell them to line up in the middle and if they don't make a perfect line after 5 or 10 seconds then just tell them to follow you, Preferably running but if you don't have cts covering you then silent walking.

Also play whatever people want you to do, or be creative and come up with a game that you think will be fair and fun. Don't play a lot of cage games or everyone will surely rebel whenever you command. The map has a lot of games, Choose one that you know and can explain to the Ts.

Also never forget to countdown after you say a following command (Ex. Follow me silent walking 3,2,1 and 0, Ex 2. Simon says follow me silent walking 5,4,3,2,1 and 0) It is preferable if you give a longer count down for simon because some Ts have a bad ping and might respond a bit later than everyone else.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:38 pm
nD* Jail Member

#7 Post Re: I got my CT access / how can I try to become a good Commander/CT???
gigabyte_gamer wrote:

UTTER FAIL.

Everyone failed at the begin, you need to practice and learn how others command (that's how i've learnt it) after that think about games that can be fun for everyone and don't command sawgames in the cage etc (most boring days)

I'll try to help you out if you want ;)

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]