Jailbreak suggestions

Image | IP: 185.37.216.135:27015 | Jailbreak Stats & Achievements | Steam Group: neonDragonJailbreak

Moderators: Xalus, zapt0r

zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Re: Jailbreak suggestions

Post by zapt0r »

Xalus wrote:
hoho wrote:add some first aid kits that drop from the sky with the guns during the battle royal funday (+15 hp for picking one up)
Should be possible, but is it worth it?
Does these rounds take long enough to make these drops worth it?

Grtz,
Xalus.
We already tried adding health-packages for the initial BR launch. However, they were buggy - something about the models. I guess Xalus could elaborate.
Regards,
zapt0r
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Not sure if this suggestion works here or no, but here it is :

When there are (6)+ CTs or more/ when the server has many players, the last 2 prisoners can have LR in the same time instead of only one. imo it is more fun and less time.

I have seen this in a cs source server.

Thoughts?
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Tixler wrote:Not sure if this suggestion works here or no, but here it is :

When there are (6)+ CTs or more/ when the server has many players, the last 2 prisoners can have LR in the same time instead of only one. imo it is more fun and less time.

I have seen this in a cs source server.

Thoughts?
I don't like it. The whole idea of LR is to get it by being the last T alive - winning over your teammates. I also believe it would cause people to team up to a greater extent than they do now. Also your point about less time. I reckon it would be the opposite. The LR alone takes a lot of time, adding another wouldn't decrease the time spent.
Regards,
zapt0r
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Post by Silence »

Xalus wrote:
Silence wrote:Let members below rank 3 (***) to be able to use snowman and rocketman commands.
As we can see there's an issue with activity in the game, so that would be logic to let the lower rank members to use the games at the same time.
These are originally only admin functions,
But bcs '3-star'-boyz are one step away trom becoming admin
and to give them something extra, they got the commands to.

Personally I don't think it would be a good thing to give it to all members.
People already use to many functions like Funday instead of commanding and using the map.

It will get simply over-used to.
I will bump the thread as the server's situation updates.
I guess it could be a good idea to let members with rank ** (second tier) an option to run a games_menu.
As we can see, activity of admins and members dropped, zero left his position.
We cannot see the games run via the menu, as simply there's rarely someone with authority to use it.
As 2 rank members are more trustworthy with their task, i guess that would be no issue and we won't see abuse of the options - in the end members are to prevent it.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

I am still reluctant to give every 2 star member access to the menu. The gamesmenu tool is meant to be a commanding addition that promotes creativity. First people have to show that they are capable of commanding creative and fun rounds without this tool. If you are not able to do the latter, the tool will simply be a liability for the community - not an asset as it will further weaken one's creativity. There is way too many inexperienced and uneducated CTs atm. If members show that they can consistently command and educate new CTs using traditional commanding and creative ways - then I won't hesitate granting them access - regardless of stars.
Regards,
zapt0r
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

zapt0r wrote:I am still reluctant to give every 2 star member access to the menu. The gamesmenu tool is meant to be a commanding addition that promotes creativity. First people have to show that they are capable of commanding creative and fun rounds without this tool. If you are not able to do the latter, the tool will simply be a liability for the community - not an asset as it will further weaken one's creativity. There is way too many inexperienced and uneducated CTs atm. If members show that they can consistently command and educate new CTs using traditional commanding and creative ways - then I won't hesitate granting them access - regardless of stars.
You can discuss it in the next admin meeting (if there is one).
2 star member should be good at commanding and make creative/fun rounds. Otherwise he/she shouldn't be a 2star JBmember?
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

2 stars is related to catching cheaters, it's not a ranking system of any sort, having 2 stars means the member has a good reporting history, doesn't necessarily mean they're better or have a higher rank than a 1 star member. Thus, granting them a tool that isn't related to dealing with cheaters doesn't make a lot of sense. 3 stars was introduced to reduce the gap between the member rank and the admin rank, which is why it's treated differently.
I agree with zaptor, if a member shows they're capable of commanding creative rounds then they should have every tool to help them do so regardless of how many stars they have.
S.W.A.T

Post by S.W.A.T »

What happened to the idea about adding gang system .
" You must do the things you think you cannot do "

Eleanor Roosevelt.
Xalus
Coder

Post by Xalus »

S.W.A.T wrote:What happened to the idea about adding gang system .
There simply never was a decent plan of how it should actually work,
inviting members and thats it all just seems a little boring?
Private projects
  • csBattleroyal (90%)
  • csCrash Bash: Ballistix (95%)
Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak

Return to “JailBreak [Achievements]”