View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 3 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
nD* Jail Member

#1 Post Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
To start with on my motive to make this post.

In my belief I think mistakes sometimes tend to happen and no doubt they should be punished for it but the main aspect will be if they actually felt that guilt I believe they deserve forgiveness and a second chance of improval....

What i feel needs updation?

The current system basically is if anything inappropriate is happening in the server the player or players responsible for it gets warn or a strike 1,2 or 3 depending upon the intensity of the matter. We all obviously know that there is a ban that comes along with the strike. Now the ban goes away with time but the strike that is on his/her iD is permanent. In the way it is a "not to be trusted" Mark on the player.

Now if for an example a player having a strike 1 or strike 2 for that matter understands his guilt with time when he or she becomes more matured the player gets a lesser chance to prove himself or herself. I am more concerned about players playing since long time

Well so I think if we could set a cool-down for strikes 1 and 2 (strike 3 being totally a different case) say for example a 3-6 month cool-down for strike1 players and one or one and half years for strike 2 players it would give them a fair chance to improve themselves..... Like say a person already in strike 1 cool-down does something which makes him get a strike 2 then cool-down resets so I think it's legit for players who don't want to improve.

What benefits of this cool-down update could be there?

As I mentioned earlier in this situation I am more concerned about the old players whom everyone loves example Ovi which is on strike 2 at this moment. But we all know he doesn't deserve that atleast now just one more mistake and he will get permanent ban which no one of us would want him to get one .

I think there are other players like Ovi and I think by implementing this idea these players can get a fair chance they deserve.

In addition to this by setting an appropriate cool-down time for all the possibilities of abuse players who wish to learn from their mistake will improve and players who continues the same behavior shall move forward to higher strikes I think it should be legit.

My Sincere Thanks to all who give a small portion of their valuable time to read and understand the current situation.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 pm
VIP

#2 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
We do have this system, you get one strike removed per year iirc.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:46 pm
neonDragon Admin

#3 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
Decency wrote:
We do have this system, you get one strike removed per year iirc.

We don't remove them but if you are given a strike 1 year after your previous strike, your strike will be refreshed instead. That is to say if you were strike 1 in jan 2010 and received a strike in jan 2011 you would have your strike 1 refreshed and not put onto strike 2.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:51 pm

#4 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
as already mentioned, the strikes one receives get reset after a year. and that those players with more strikes are not as trustworthy is wrong. especially long time players have received some strikes in their early phase but are still here after so many years and even became /become member. as example: i am on strike 2 since 2010, have been member twice while having 2 strikes.

its okay that you put so much effort into thoughts to make the community a place to stay and enjoy. keep it up

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
VIP

#5 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
Does that mean that players that were permbanned are alwyas stuck on strike 2?

Last edited by Decency on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

#6 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
Decency wrote:
Does that mean that players that were permbanned are stuck on strike 2?

yes. it gets strike 2 refresh when they get another strike.

Image Image

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

#7 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
What's the point of keeping strikes after a year has passed? If one happens to deserve another strike you refresh his existing strike. Why not completely remove it instead, and give him another strike should he deserve it. This way everything stays the same, but he'll no longer have the ugly strike forever.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm

#8 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
if he doesnt fuck up big time, he doesnt have to be afraid of getting striked. how would you explain so many old timers being on 2 strikes and still enjoying the community? its a big step to get a perm ban from being on strike 2 that first has to get refreshed.

but i can agree that the strikes could get completely removed after a certain time. like 1 strike a year.

Image Image

Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
nD* Jail Member

#9 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
@decency no when they are permed they get a strike 3 and the current procedure of unban request after a year is appropriate leaving the decision to the admin for moderating what's best

And for the others
Refreshing a strike after a year is what I said indirectly but in addition to it I think different cool-down should be set for different intensities of the accused's actions and his behavior......

That should be appropriate I think

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 am
neonDragon Admin

#10 Post Re: Suggestion for updating of the current strike system on all nD servers....
Dumb@$$ wrote:
@decency no when they are permed they get a strike 3 and the current procedure of unban request after a year is appropriate leaving the decision to the admin for moderating what's best

And for the others
Refreshing a strike after a year is what I said indirectly but in addition to it I think different cool-down should be set for different intensities of the accused's actions and his behavior......

That should be appropriate I think

If you get Strike 3 for first time and you used cheats, yes you will wait for a year. But for anything else is around 6 months.

Kakao's quotes:
Spoiler: show

Rakuzan
Spoiler: show

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]