It's been a decade

Introduce yourself, your passions and your talents.
Ints

It's been a decade

Post by Ints »

Hello.
Haven't seen you guys in about 10 years. Been a while since I was popping heads in the 1.6 fun maps DM server, sneaking off in jailbreak or rekking CTs in deathrun. Hope everyone's well. Randomly thought of this place in the middle of the night and the good memories I had while binging on the servers. Not sure if anyone remembers me though, as I don't think I spent enough time to establish myself well enough in the community.

If my memory serves me right, I was playing on the fun maps DM server the most and was top fragging (not to brag, not to brag) more often than not. After that server was taken down, I think I moved to some other nD servers and created an account here in the forums. I remember playing jailbreak and deathrun a bunch and the maps were amazing. When I found out most of them were created by members in nD community (Pukata and regit), it was awesome, especially when they were playing as well.

Then I thought, enough is enough. I need to get the fun maps DM server back, so I lobbied to get it back. It was surprisingly easy - all it took was a suggestion topic and not soon after the server was up and running and populated by many players. I played a lot on that server again and not surprisingly, popping heads like I used to. I played on the other servers, too, of course. Those were good times. Then I thought - hey, I got my favourite server back, I play a lot here, maybe I can be of help with some of the admin stuff if needed. So I applied to be on the Fun team. My hopes were high, I got along with most people (or did from my perspective at least), was active and engaged, so a no-brainer. Alas, it was not meant to be. Zeeta, a dude who was also active on the Fun server, applied at the same time as me. When that minion got accepted, I thought it was only a matter of time.. but it was a "no" from the council. The glorious prestige of the beautiful nD tag and the opportunity to carry it with pride would forever elude me.

I kept playing after that and thought - hey, no biggie. I also lobbied for the forum games subsection, which I would say is my greatest achievement in this community. Again, it was surprisingly simple - a suggestion topic.
After a while, I guess something else came and I drifted away from here and rarely, if ever, looked back. Until now.

It's been like 10 fucking years, but it only seems like a couple of months ago. Time flies, man.
Not sure how active this forum still is, but to all the people who were ever part of this community, I wish you guys well and the best of success in your life.

PS I skimmed through some of my post history, including my applications (the application itself is too cringe for me to read, but I read the replies) and one of them mentioned that I didn't even have a presentation topic. So, to you, I guess here it is then :)
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Re: It's been a decade

Post by Silence »

Welcome back!

Unfortunately DM server has been off for a while, but join us at JB sometimes.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Heeeya, I think I may vaguely remember you. Altho unlike most people from back then I'm not certain.

Anyway, it's a very nice albeit decade-late introduction! It was a pleasure to read, gave off a good vibe about you to me.

Ints wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 am
Then I thought - hey, I got my favourite server back, I play a lot here, maybe I can be of help with some of the admin stuff if needed. So I applied to be on the Fun team. My hopes were high, I got along with most people (or did from my perspective at least), was active and engaged, so a no-brainer. Alas, it was not meant to be. Zeeta, a dude who was also active on the Fun server, applied at the same time as me. When that minion got accepted, I thought it was only a matter of time.. but it was a "no" from the council. The glorious prestige of the beautiful nD tag and the opportunity to carry it with pride would forever elude me.
This part in particular made me laugh.
Ints wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 am
and one of them mentioned that I didn't even have a presentation topic. So, to you, I guess here it is then :)
nice way to conclude your introduction.

What do you do in your daily life? Do you plan on staying or just saying hi?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Post by Lucius »

Touching story, we all have a little neonDragon dna in us and we will never forget it. Welcome back and i hope you enjoy your stay again. To be honest it would be amazing to bring back the fun servers. Contact Shadi if you need for any questions, that guy is a mini god amongst us, he is like Sherlock Holmes of nD.
Yours sincerely, Lucius
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Nostalgia to read, it pretty much sums up how nD was/is.

Welcome to nD once again!
Regards,
zapt0r
Ints

Post by Ints »

Shadi wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:38 am

What do you do in your daily life? Do you plan on staying or just saying hi?
I just came to say hi. If there are active cs:go servers, I might pop in sometime, but right now I mostly play Valorant or comp/faceit/popflash with friends on CS so I don't spend a lot of time in community servers.

I'll expand a bit on what I've done and what I currently do.
I procrastinate a lot and leave a lot of stuff to the last minute, which is a very bad trait and difficult to get rid of, because you procrastinate on it. We had to read books given by the teacher in high-school in literature class and I remember doing a test on the final book on the same morning I graduated high-school. Read all 300 pages or so the previous day (1 day before graduation lol). Since I was accountable to someone else (the teacher), I just did it. I went to study IT after that, but dropped out on the 2nd semester because of procrastination. In uni you have to hold yourself accountable, nobody is going to do it for you and I couldn't do stuff last minute there. Then I spent a summer in the US selling books door to door through Southwestern Advantage. The program has mixed reviews, but once you are in it and understand it, it's really nice. That was a very fun and very difficult experience. You are alone all day and do everything yourself - if you have a problem, you find a solution, there's a lot of hustling. Then I was conscripted to the defence force (mandatory conscription in Estonia) and spent 11 months there. That was quite OK actually as well. 11 months down the drain, but made some friends and got some new knowledge and skills. Shooting guns IRL is awesome. Then I applied to a big 4 company, got accepted and now work in audit since september. No work during the summer, so back to procrastinating. I've saved enough money to go back to school in september (normally would've been free the first time), to try and finish my IT degree. Maybe I'm delusional thinking things will change this time around, but I have to try.
I also play drums in a wind band for the same uni for the 11th year, which has been a nice and stable thing to do outside all of this.

In short - working. If not working, procrastinating. Thinking of going back to uni in september.
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

Welcome back mate !
Lionel Messi best player in football history
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Sorrryy for replying late! I've been busy!
Ints wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:38 am
I just came to say hi. If there are active cs:go servers, I might pop in sometime, but right now I mostly play Valorant or comp/faceit/popflash with friends on CS so I don't spend a lot of time in community servers.
Makes perfect sense, it's hard to keep loving or actively playing a game as old as CS 1.6. Hopefully one day we can run successful communities outside CS 1.6 (consistently), too.
Ints wrote:
I'll expand a bit on what I've done and what I currently do.
I procrastinate a lot and leave a lot of stuff to the last minute, which is a very bad trait and difficult to get rid of, because you procrastinate on it. We had to read books given by the teacher in high-school in literature class and I remember doing a test on the final book on the same morning I graduated high-school. Read all 300 pages or so the previous day (1 day before graduation lol). Since I was accountable to someone else (the teacher), I just did it. I went to study IT after that, but dropped out on the 2nd semester because of procrastination. In uni you have to hold yourself accountable, nobody is going to do it for you and I couldn't do stuff last minute there.
Some people are just procrastinators by heart, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Because some people work better under pressure, but obviously if you don't work at all this is a more prominent problem. Easier said than done, but you gotta find a balance that suits you - no one can tell you what works best for you, other than you. I think with some set rules you'd maybe do better, that you aren't allowed to game, chat or do anything else but studying between X to Y hour every day - but of course that's up to you.
Ints wrote:
I've saved enough money to go back to school in september (normally would've been free the first time), to try and finish my IT degree. Maybe I'm delusional thinking things will change this time around, but I have to try.
I also play drums in a wind band for the same uni for the 11th year, which has been a nice and stable thing to do outside all of this.

In short - working. If not working, procrastinating. Thinking of going back to uni in september.
It's not delusional. This time you're more mentally prepared for the things you shouldn't do. You have some knowledge the other classmates don't have making the beginning classes significantly easier. It's experience, trial and error. Don't give up.

It's a shame you're not staying, you seem like a competent guy.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
wodeen++

Post by wodeen++ »

Hello and welcome back Ints
Everything in this world is either a potato or not a potato

Return to “Presentations”