View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Strike system update: communication strike
I've finished sharpening the edges of this new system, here is more information about it.

When a report is made on the strikelist ( http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?viewreports ), about harassment, racism, or any issue that does not involve physical abuse such as teamkilling, blocking, bug abuse, then a communication strike will be handed.

The player will have his communication cut off: muted, gagged, and namelocked to a previously(admin) set name. For the same duration as strike 1 and 2 goes; can range from 2 days to 3 weeks approximately.

The namelock is set as soon as the player joins the server, while dead or alive the server will change the name. Whatever nickname being used will automatically change to an admin picked name, and any user namechange will be blocked. Furthermore, the chat message displayed when users change nickname is also blocked for this player.

The communication strike is a sub-strike. Whatever strike the player has, or not, will stay the same, the only difference is he will be set to communication strike 1 or 2 while keeping his strike(or strike free) situation. If a player is set to a communication strike 2, and is in position to receive another communication strike, then it will be a regular strike with normal bantime. Any new strike, or any bantime will reset the communication strikes back to 0. The communication strikes can be seen when a report is made on the user, right next to his steamID indicator. Example:
1) a Player on strike 1 and communication strike 1 will show steamID (Strike 1 | Communication Strike 1);
2) Player on strike 1 only will show steamID (Strike 1);
3) Player on communication strike 1 only will show steamID (Communication Strike 1).

Additionally it's allowed to use regular commands such as /shop, jbshop, ndcash, /lr, and others; they will be limited to avoid spam. This update is effective as of now.

While we adapt to the new system please report any irregularities you find. Any bugs in the system will be looked at asap.

Admin team

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 am

#2 Post Re: Strike system update: communication strike
Nice
So if a guy got a perm before this new strike system he will get unbanned and a get communication strike or what ?

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:31 am

#3 Post Re: Strike system update: communication strike
~LITE~ wrote:
Nice
So if a guy got a perm before this new strike system he will get unbanned and a get communication strike or what ?

no

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:51 am

#4 Post Re: Strike system update: communication strike
As a beta tester I must say for such a system to succeed, you need competent admins to apply it. When a player gets a strike for defending himself, or hitting back, the system is destined to fail.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 pm
neonDragon Admin

#5 Post Re: Strike system update: communication strike
Dune wrote:
As a beta tester I must say for such a system to succeed, you need competent admins to apply it. When a player gets a strike for defending himself, or hitting back, the system is destined to fail.

You are not supposed to 'hit back', thats why you are getting banned. Other people harassing you doesn't justify you to do the same and it also puts you at their level - which I doubt you want, since you have been criticizing pretty much everyone since you joined the community.

What you should have done is reporting the player on the strikelist and an admin or member would take care of it.

I'd also like to comment on your attitude again since I don't see any improvement on that front at all. You are way too negative and I doubt anyone is enjoying your presence on the server when all you are doing is provoking, being overall negative and being arrogant. Chill a bit and open your eyes for what this really is - a gaming community where people are meant to have fun, not being corrected all the time for whatever reasons.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]