View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018

Hello community! We had an admin meeting after a long time with no meetings, we apologise for that. Summer and vacations got in the way. We will now proceed to monthly meetings as usual - the results are as follows:

S.W.A.T application for our Jail Team has been Accepted

Makita's trial for the Jail Team has been Accepted
    Infinite's trial for the Jail Team has been Accepted
    Baby's's trial for the Jail Team has been Extended

Hamoda's trial for the Runner Team has been Extended
    [email protected]''s trial for the Runner Team has been Accepted

Nobody left :)

Slink has been granted permban-tool for his excellent reporting history.

Zero has been promoted to a 3 star member for great efforts and loyalty. Congrats!

We have decided to give 3 star members access to the admin "games_menu" where you can start rocketman, fireman, snowman etc.

We will be trying to make another rank-list for jailbreak that will be in addition to the current rank-list. This rank will be reset very 1-2 month and rewards will be given for various rank achievements, more on this when/if we get it to work properly.

We have decided to be more generous when it comes to giving rewards and incentives to people who perform work for nD. Two ranks/tags have been created for members; nD* Mapper and nD* Coder, if you are interested in making maps for us you can submit your map to us and we will go through it to make sure it is up to par with our standards. If you map is approved and meet nd's standards you will get a reward of varying from 100k to 200k (obviously depending on the map, quality, scale and server. If your map is really unique we can go higher) + 1 month of VIP. Additionally, you will have permission to wear nD* Mapper in game - with a colored tag, as well as a colored tag/symbol on forums. Same goes for nD* Coder which most of you are aware of, Xalus is currently our only nD* Coder. Regulars will have special tags as well, more information soon.

"We are looking into adding a new jbshop item, for VIP only. Blackout/powercut. This is under testing and will hopefully be added soon, depending on how the testing goes." This was mentioned last time, and is still under development, but has come to a halt due to summer/vacancies and will be resumed shortly.

We have revised our moderation procedures after complaints from regulars that there is a big gap between how members/admins moderate. We will try to be more on the same page moving forward.

"We are currently working on a list of weekly challenges for a few servers. We hope they will be up and running soon enough." This was mentioned last time, and is still under development, but has come to a halt due to summer/vacancies and will be resumed shortly.

Remember to donate your nD cash to this ID: (STEAM_0:0:2). Once the ID reaches 500k happy-hour will be hosted.

The "escape you die" command has been causing a lot of arguments. To clarify you are not allowed to annonce "escape you die" and then proceed to kill everyone who leaves their cell. Standard rules apply: if someone leave their cells they are to go directly to the line/cage (whichever is closest). If they fail to do so you can kill them for escaping (given they are detouring to an unreasonable extent).

We have added a minor restriction to /lr games in an attempt to make it less time-consuming. The restrictions are as follows: Games such as; gun-toss, smoke-toss, longjump, and s4s are now limited to two games only. Meaning you can play e.g one gun-toss game and one knife game, or e.g two boxing games. You can still play the other LRs as many times as you want.

Important

There will be a major update on the strike system. We will implement a new type of strike for harassment cases. The communication strike, it consists of a chat ban and name lock. The player wil be able to play but his communication is restricted. The communication strike duration will last for the same duration as normal strikes for the first and second communication strike. The third communication strike is a normal strike(server ban).

This situation would happpen:
Communication Strike 1 >> Communication Strike 2 >> Normal Strike 1 (server-ban)

Then the process restarts:
Communication Strike 1 >> Communication Strike 2 >> Normal Strike 2 (server-ban)

Restarts again:

Communication Strike 1 >> Communication Strike 2 >> Normal Strike 3 (server-ban / permanent)

The idea is to give enough time for a rule-breaker to learn, without setting him to a strike 3 too fast, while being able to play on the server and observe others acceptable behaviour.

We are aware that it will affect certain games on jailbreak that require spelling/typing - but that will be a part of the punishment. Being able to play whilst gagged is still better than not being able to play at all.

Keep in mind that there will be an adaptation period, and we'll try to ease into the new system as smooth as possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a good meeting, a lot has been discussed. We're not going to release everything that got discussed before we have all facts straights. More updates to come.

If there is anything you feel is missing comment below and we will try to update you as far as we can.

The Admin Team

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:57 pm

#2 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
Quote:
We have revised our moderation procedures after complaints from regulars that there is a big gap between how members/admins moderate. We will try to be more on the same page moving forward.
the best part
Grz swat bro and
Good luck for the rest

Last edited by ~LITE~ on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:58 pm

#3 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
gz D:

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:02 pm
nD** Jail Member

#4 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
Been a long time since we had a meeting like this im glad that the meetings will be monthly now. i like the idea of The communication strike + Congratz swat .

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:10 pm

#5 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
Eyyyy solid meeting!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited by Hunie on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:13 pm

#6 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
Hunie wrote:
You left out my application xD
I'm guessing it's extended.

Eyyyy solid meeting!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

:(

Great meeting, a big shoutout to the admins for putting effort into this meeting and implementing all these changes to make the servers better.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:24 pm
neonDragon Admin

#7 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
slink wrote:
Been a long time since we had a meeting like this im glad that the meetings will be monthly now. i like the idea of The communication strike + Congratz swat .

Updated, forgot to add that you have been granted permban-tool ;)

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:26 pm

#8 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
Great to see things being done to improve the servers, one question tho, why is the games_menu restricted to 3 star members? A new rank is nice but why not give it to all members? Admins aren't active enough to make use of the menu fully and having only one member aside from them with access to it means we will very rarely have a chance to use it

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:26 pm
neonDragon Admin

#9 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
KaitoKid wrote:
Great to see things being done to improve the servers, one question tho, why is the games_menu restricted to 3 star members? A new rank is nice but why not give it to all members? Admins aren't active enough to make use of the menu fully and having only one member aside from them with access to it means we will very rarely have a chance to use it

We simply want to make sure that outside games, such as the games in games_menu and the admin menu won't be overplayed. So we're going to have a slow and steady transition instead of just giving out everything right away. Once such games become overplayed they are no longer fun, they should have some scarcity too.

Zero and Lawliet will both be able to assist with such games, along with admen's.

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:29 pm
nD** Fun Member

#10 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
guess there's a server called "zombie respawn" if i am not wrong :kappa:
2020, :trollface:

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:32 pm

#11 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
That's what I call a meeting. Nice and detailed information to the community.
wp. gz to all. :)

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:38 pm

#12 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
how can i apply for coder rank?

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:43 pm
nD* Jail Member

#13 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
first of all congratualtions to swat well deserved
secondly , thats what i get for all the headaches and hardwork ive put on the server way to make an example for the fresh members to follow
-dont try to do things right
- disconnect when things get out of hand
- bescared of the trollers and rulebreakers act like you're their friend and let them do as they please so they dont bully you and make drama on forums
-be passive and avoid moderating messy situations adn pretend you didnt see them so you dont get in trouble and keep a good image of yourself , that way others willl make mistakes before you when trying to fix things adn take all the heat while you learn from them and stay out of trouble look good and everyone likes you for it
- go on a vacation and/or let your little brother play with your member account all the time and pass trial just like others did with no consequences or questions asked instead of actually trying to moderate and do stuff
i was the second most active player on the server on my trial , i bust my ass most of the time moderating on my own with no support for hours until my eyes cant see anything then redo all of it the day after and kept going for nearly two months . If 20 hours of gameplay and no complains from players is what you really are looking for then i'll do just that

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:51 pm
nD** Runner Member

#14 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
worth the wait :)

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:55 pm
neonDragon Admin

#15 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 26-08-2018
baby wrote:
first of all congratualtions to swat well deserved
secondly , thats what i get for all the headaches and hardwork ive put on the server way to make an example for the fresh members to follow
-dont try to do things right
- disconnect when things get out of hand
- bescared of the trollers and rulebreakers act like you're their friend and let them do as they please so they dont bully you and make drama on forums
-be passive and avoid moderating messy situations adn pretend you didnt see them so you dont get in trouble and keep a good image of yourself , that way others willl make mistakes before you when trying to fix things adn take all the heat while you learn from them and stay out of trouble look good and everyone likes you for it
- go on a vacation and/or let your little brother play with your member account all the time and pass trial just like others did with no consequences or questions asked instead of actually trying to moderate and do stuff
i was the second most active player on the server on my trial , i bust my ass most of the time moderating on my own with no support for hours until my eyes cant see anything then redo all of it the day after and kept going for nearly two months . If 20 hours of gameplay and no complains from players is what you really are looking for then i'll do just that

I watched your whole trial. You acted when you had to, and if you had doubts or did something wrong always you'd try to clear it up. So your conduct was clean, and your attitude is right. There were issues, things that had to be solved, and even though you got caught in things that needed guidance I have no doubts you will make this trial very easily. Being that becoming a member is the hardest thing of them all. Especially now that the server is much cleaner, there is not much mess to be made.

Good luck!

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next