fps drops

Multiplayer FPS by Hidden Path and Valve.
cuddly teddy bear

fps drops

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

in any map I play offline or online, i get sudden frame drops from around 150-250 to 20-40 that last for about 5-10 seconds, and then they come back randomly later for the same length. nothing apparent causes it and it's annoying as fuck. i checked the GeForce experience but it's broken and only the grey background shows up. i've reinstalled my game and i've done things in steam try and fix it.

i checked the temperature of my gpu and cpu and they are usually in the 70-80 degrees celsius range which is very high. if the cause of the frame drops is thermal throttling, then i don't know why the frame drops only happen in source engine games. literally in every other game like fortnite, any GTA, Minecraft, pubg or CS 1.6 my frames stay consistent. i'm going to get a cooling mat/fan to set my laptop on to try and reduce the temperature but i personally think my frame drops are something to do with the game.

my specs:

Nvidia GeForce 940MX
intel i7-8550U 1.80GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads
8GB ram
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.

[youtube]vTIIMJ9tUc8[/youtube]
Panda
nD* Jail Member

Re: fps drops

Post by Panda »

its cuz u suk cudly
Shotex

Post by Shotex »

First of all, you should create this kinda topics in this section. Then, I think that this prob is being caused by your cooling system, because cs:go is a typical game which does not load normally on high temperatures, I myself had experienced this in past.
cuddly teddy bear

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

Panda wrote:its cuz u suk cudly
damn you really gotta do me like that
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.

[youtube]vTIIMJ9tUc8[/youtube]
Freddy
VIP

Post by Freddy »

Mystic

Post by Mystic »

I've had this happen when I overclocked my cpu and had the memory timings wrong, check your cpu's info and see what the correct timings are. you can adjust it in the BIOS.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Return to “Counter Strike: 1.6 & Global Offensive”