View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 2 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
nD* Jail Member

#166 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
KaKao wrote:
I do not entirely agree with adding achievement to TTT, mainly because

- You would need around 30 achievements (guessing here) because IF they would add achievements they will most likely also add so if you collect them all you will get a free month of VIP, to be fair among all the servers they will have to keep the same amount of achievements (so it's not a lot easier to finish them on another server, 10 vs. 30).
- I do not personally like grinding achievements but what else can you do for TTT? You can basically only have achievements like "Survive x rounds as y", "kill x AS y" or "kill x WITH y" which would be pretty boring (in my opinion).
- Will the server die out again? This server has been here since 2012 or something, when it arrived it was immensely popular, but there weren't many (if any) "new" players, it was just players that moved over from the Jailbreak server, emptying it to play some TTT, the very same happens this time around as well. For how long will it last? TTT has been played every now and then for a couple of weeks or a month or so (correct me on this), then the server usually loses its player base and stays idle for some time before players are joining again.
- Depending on what achievements they might add, they can mess with the flow of the game, similar happened to Jailbreak in the past if I'm not wrong, they had a CT achievements where you had to kill like 14 T's or something, many days ended up with saw game and cage games, just so the commander could get this achievement, be very careful of what you might want to add.

Long story short, I think there isn't enough things to do on TTT to add some proper achievements, TTT might need some work but so do the other servers and I personally think it's more important to focus on that before adding achievements to a server like this.

Hey Kakao,
I kinda agree and disagree on some points you mentioned.
So here we go you might be right that TTT was popular but on a later time players lost the interest to play it anymore. But that could be also for the reason that they just had no goals to finish like an achievement. I simply think it is the way like if you give some childrens a room to play in there then they will enjoy it and the more things you give them to play the more they will love it. Like give them a car then they play with the car. Give them a house then they play with the house. If you give them a car and a house then they will play with both and would also create more own things like drive the car into the house, let the car crash inside the house, let the car drive around the house and so on...and this alone would lead more to the point that they will still like to play it and not just think "oh i have my car so what can i do now, i drove it all the time but thats now boring"
Another example is DR this is just a server for me which I call "jump, jump, die server" but still admins and members and regulars managed to add an achievement there too and to create a static playerbase there.
I also need to tell you since Tixler made the iniative to make TTT popuar again it has very often a high playerbase on which we also should try to work on to not let it die again. Since it has a mixed way of gamefun. You can use your mic there and no one spam it there like in DR. The more it get used in a way to communicate in a funny way with eachother which is close to be one of the only server where a low ammount of harassment, insulting or other things happen.
The last month or maybe say 2 months I surprisely saw many new players joining there. Names I never saw before in any other server and it was minimum with no lie lets say 40-60 in the last 1-2 months. Sounds not much but in other servers are not even more new players joining.
I think to get a 3rd nD server where you can have and hold the playerbase up to 15/30 or 20/30 would be a really great thing for nD to make nD more and more popular which happend over the years now after some good work of members/admins and for sure regulars.
So I think and that is also my life experience if you wann go/try to make anything happen then there is always a way to make it aslong you just try it.
All is about using your brain and think about what could be changed/added to make a change that this server wont die again. Thats why I think an achievement gives players the thoughts like maybe "oh I go play TTT im so close to achieve my 500knife kills" and so on.
I do know what you mean with "Survive x rounds as y", "kill x AS y" or "kill x WITH y" which sounds kinda boring but even with those things you can create for sure some new fresh air for TTT lets say as an example kill 3 innocents in the first 30 seconds which would give me a funny feeling to try it. Because I risk to get seen fast as a traitor at the time i'll try it. And if it is not an achievement then add atleast something like weekly challenges there or whatsoever. But I do believe if nothing will be changed there to make it more interesting for all it will die for sure sooner or later and we will be back to have a popular JB and Dr server. I might be wrong with many of my thoughts opinions but I'm looking forward to get enjoyable changes there to not let it die again ;)

Spoiler: show

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:02 pm

#167 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
ZeRo#1 wrote:
So here we go you might be right that TTT was popular but on a later time players lost the interest to play it anymore. But that could be also for the reason that they just had no goals to finish like an achievement.
Just my own thoughts but I do believe it died in the past because the game mode gets stale really quick, there isn't a lot to do, the gameplay is also very heavily dependant on whoever is online and playing at that time. When those people leave the server, it dies.

When it comes to other servers in nD there is more variety when it comes to the gameplay, in jailbreak you have a commanders, a bunch of different maps, many of which has unique games that are only on those maps, different layouts and areas to keep the game going, same goes for deathrun, the gameplay can keep going for longer periods of time and the server will survive on its own.

I am not against achievements, if they are done properly, I've already given my opinion on using mostly grinding achievements, I see them as a lazy way of adding achievements. Basically any achievement they could add would involve either surviving, killing or just playtime on the server, that's just how it is, you are very limited in that mod and I do believe all of you that play there would prefer not to have any achievements that might encourage free shooting or similar.

Weekly challenges, as you mentioned, would probably be better alternative for a server like this (even better if all servers had them) and it doesn't have to involve killing or surviving only.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 am
VIP

#168 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
I think achievements should be added but I do agree with KaKao in the way that they will be very restricted. Though, I'd say that 'stale' achievements are better that none, just to have some kind of goal.
If we are going to make /shop available for Innocents the capital should be credits and not nD cash, starting with 0 and earn 1 for every traitor-kill. (Yes it will be very limited but who would want to see 15 Innocents running around with a special weapon) People will also know if you've killed a traitor and that you are innocent.

Also, I think gamble/blackjack should be available on TTT as most if not all players are regulars from Jailbreak. Just to increase the variety of things you can do, especially when you're dead.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 pm

#169 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Idk if this is mentioned before but the C4 Bomb does way too low amount of damage.
It hurts traitors nearby like 3 times more than it damages the innocents (most likely 20 dmg).
Even when an innocent fails to defuse the bomb it sometimes manages to survive literally ON the bomb...

Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 pm

#170 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Remove VIP m4/ak or increase CD it's absolutely stupid you can solo the entire innocent team with them

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 pm
nD* Jail Member

#171 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
KaitoKid wrote:
Remove VIP m4/ak or increase CD it's absolutely stupid you can solo the entire innocent team with them

M4/AK is a VIP feature which shouldn't be removed because many paid for it to get advantages like that. But I agree that the M4/AK is OP so it would be good to reduce atleast the dmg power those guns make. It is as Kaito said really to easy to have 2 traitors and to kill nearby the complete inno/detective team. I mean they even can heal and and that alone makes it often too hard to survive and it definitely takes the fun of TTT if it is OP like that. Just my opinion.

And I also miss other weapons like a normal usp or galil, famas, mp5 etc. I think they should be added because all guns are part of cs 1.6

Spoiler: show

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:09 am
nD** Jail Member

#172 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
I dont agree with removing the ak/m4a1 since VIPS earn some advantages since they pay for it , but I agree with increasing the countdown because I think u can get an ak or m4a1 like every round. It should be limited like that u can get it every 2 rounds or something,

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 pm

#173 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Supercell wrote:
I dont agree with removing the ak/m4a1 since VIPS earn some advantages since they pay for it , but I agree with increasing the countdown because I think u can get an ak or m4a1 like every round. It should be limited like that u can get it every 2 rounds or something,
It already is around 2 rounds or so (prolly 10 mins), but you can just cycle around with the guns (auto, awp, m4) so you will never really not be able to have one.

I think they shouldn't change this, VIP helps this community to go around, if they would get stripped out of to many special items there is no reason to buy it, that is unless you add something else for them.

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:17 pm

#174 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Remove the innocent/traitor custom models and keep the detective ones. The hitboxes are broken, especially when crouching.

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:56 pm
VIP

#175 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
If you have a P90 as a traitor and buy a newton launcher, your 100 extra bullets (you start with 50/100) will be replaced with 10 as in the extra bullets for a newton launcher, happened about 3/3 times now.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 pm

#176 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
KaitoKid wrote:
Remove the innocent/traitor custom models and keep the detective ones. The hitboxes are broken, especially when crouching.

Fully agreed

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile WWW

#177 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Add double jump and parachute = more fun

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:32 pm

#178 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic
Ultor wrote:
Add double jump and parachute = more fun

There is already low gravity :p

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:43 pm

#179 Post Re: TTT bugs and suggestions topic