The Science thread

Humm
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 13 times

The Science thread

Post by Humm »

Welcome to the Science thread!


Image

I highly doubt that I'm the only one here who's interested in science! Share your passion of science with the rest of us! You can share whatever you want as long as it is science. This is a thread for science only, religion is not a part of science and therefore doesn't belong in this thread. I will myself share science videos, movies, pictures, quotes, articles (news and such).

Let me start by sharing some of my favorite videos:






Last edited by Humm on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
vDou
Posts: 1021
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by vDou »

Size matters.

ImageImage
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Konijn »

I <3 astro physics
Image
him
Posts: 659
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Lebanon
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by him »

Konijn wrote:I <3 astro physics
Yea Humm keep us updated!! :D


Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Big H
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Big H »

"A wise man speak because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." - Aristotle
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Konijn »

Big H wrote:
He sounds like he's losing his voice. I'm sure he hasn't sounded so squeeky/croacky (idk something i can't put my finger on) when I've heard him speak previously.


By the way, don't know if any of you have already seen the stuff Brian Cox does but personally I really like his shows.

If you don't know who he is he's a brilliant physicist who currently works at CERN but also does science shows for the BBC. He's really easy to listen to and has a good way of explaining things. Some people dislike him though because he gets pretty enthusiastic about things but personally I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Anyway, go watch "wonders of the solar system" and "wonders of the universe" if you're interested. You'll probably have to torrent them cause I wasn't able to find much on youtube.
Image
User avatar
.Cell.
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by .Cell. »

Humm getting it done with new topics ;) Loved documentaries about stars :D makes me think I may be tinier than a nanometre ._.
Image
User avatar
KING SNEL
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by KING SNEL »

vDou wrote:Size matters.

just wow.. even with the fastest plain ever made it would take 140+ years to go around the biggest star lol
Image
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 372 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Konijn »

Katy Perry wrote:
vDou wrote:Size matters.

just wow.. even with the fastest plain ever made it would take 140+ years to go around the biggest star lol
not watched the video yet but if what you say is correct that's pretty amazing
Image
User avatar
LaZy
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:41 pm
Has thanked: 159 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by LaZy »

universe is much easier to understand when Stephen Hawking is talking about it

- Not sure if weed makes people LaZy or LaZy people like to smoke weed -
Humm
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Humm »

Konijn wrote:
Big H wrote:
He sounds like he's losing his voice. I'm sure he hasn't sounded so squeeky/croacky (idk something i can't put my finger on) when I've heard him speak previously.


By the way, don't know if any of you have already seen the stuff Brian Cox does but personally I really like his shows.

If you don't know who he is he's a brilliant physicist who currently works at CERN but also does science shows for the BBC. He's really easy to listen to and has a good way of explaining things. Some people dislike him though because he gets pretty enthusiastic about things but personally I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Anyway, go watch "wonders of the solar system" and "wonders of the universe" if you're interested. You'll probably have to torrent them cause I wasn't able to find much on youtube.
You can find most of the episodes on daily motion. My favorite soundtack out of all the soundtracks in wonders of the universe:

Big H
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by Big H »

"A wise man speak because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." - Aristotle
User avatar
KING SNEL
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by KING SNEL »

Big H wrote:
I got it when they started to say '1 2 3' '1 6 7' that made sence you have to go down, even if u go up u follow hes rule.........still took me 2-3 minutes into the video to figure it out lol
Image
doeda
VIP
Posts: 1772
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by doeda »

any update about this?
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Image

Image
User avatar
KING SNEL
Posts: 3278
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: The Science thread

Post by KING SNEL »

doeda wrote:any update about this?
the sun is not a planet
Image
Locked

Return to “Trash (Media)”