Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 94
Humm

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Humm »

"How did people cope? "Some prayed, but some who had prayed before they arrived would say: 'There cannot be a God if Auschwitz exists."

Lmao, we're not special, spoiled fucks.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Humm wrote:"How did people cope? "Some prayed, but some who had prayed before they arrived would say: 'There cannot be a God if Auschwitz exists."

Er, what?
Humm

Post by Humm »

Konijn wrote:
Humm wrote:"How did people cope? "Some prayed, but some who had prayed before they arrived would say: 'There cannot be a God if Auschwitz exists."

Er, what?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/a ... -auschwitz
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Humm wrote:
Konijn wrote:

Er, what?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/a ... -auschwitz
I'm more confused by

"Lmao, we're not special, spoiled fucks"
Humm

Post by Humm »

Stay confused then
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Rofl
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Humm wrote:Stay confused then
Why don't you explain what you mean? Cause unless I'm misinterpreting what you said, I find it highly offensive.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I think Humm is trying to talk about theodicy

A youtube movie that's relevant to the concentration camps:

To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Humm

Post by Humm »

Konijn wrote:
Humm wrote:Stay confused then
Why don't you explain what you mean? Cause unless I'm misinterpreting what you said, I find it highly offensive.
You're right, I'm sorry. I'll edit my post soon (with information about what I meant.)

Shadi: No :p
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Coz what he's talking about is theodicy and that's the exact part you decided to quote, just saying.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

Cryptic, I could see a whole thread on guess what Humm means.

I could be wrong, but do you mean as in, people pray to a god asking, almost begging "please god let me pass my driving test" generally about themselves, then wonder why god doesnt answer.

Because simply we are not special, why should god answer, why should he help X pass there exam, why should he save X. we are just one of many life forms on this planet, yet we are a life form that takes so many other forms of life without much of a care.

So, we are not special.
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

I have no intrests in wasting my time to see if God actually excists or not.
I'll not be wasting my time praying and hoping for God to give me some luck some day.
I'm an atheist and I'll stay like that no matter what.
If I had to chose a religion though (cus being an atheist is not a religion), my opinion would be closest to Humanism tho.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
vDou

Post by vDou »

This is us from "God's" Perspective.

ImageImage
Humm

Post by Humm »

The prophet of Islam, Muhammad the pedophile. Oh, I'm sorry, did I offend anybody?

Tell me, why should I respect your religion? Why should I respect Islam? Your prophet was a pedophile, and the Quran doesn't seem to mind that fact. But you know what? Muhammad is fossil, he's old school! Back then pedophilia wasn't considered wrong. But in today's standards it's definitely considered wrong. I'm sorry, but the evidence for Muhammad being a pedophile is too strong to ignore. So, we don't have to respect Islam. We don't have to respect the Quran. After all, we don't support pedophilia, we don't support homophobia, and we don't consider women to be worth less than men.

You know, it's rather strange, because I doubt the majority of Muslims support pedophilia and neither homophobia. It's probably just that they haven't actually read the Quran. They might have skipped the bad parts of it. But then again, I wouldn't consider you a real Muslim if you skip the bad parts of the Quran.

"Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that the Prophet (may the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) married her when she was six years old, and he consummated her in marriage when she was nine years old. Then she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)."

"Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old."

"(And the two persons among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both.) Ibn `Abbas and Sa`id bin Jubayr said that this punishment includes cursing, shaming them and beating them with sandals. This was the ruling until Allah abrogated it with flogging or stoning, as we stated. Mujahid said, "It was revealed about the case of two men who do it. As if he was referring to the actions of the people of Lut, and Allah knows best. The collectors of Sunan recorded that Ibn `Abbas said that the Messenger of Allah said,

«مَنْ رَأَيْتُمُوهُ يَعْمَلُ عَمَلَ قَوْمِ لُوطٍ، فَاقْتُلُوا الْفَاعِلَ وَالْمَفْعُولَ بِه»

(Whoever you catch committing the act of the people of Lut (homosexuality), then kill both parties to the act.)"

Islam doesn't derserve any respect, christianity isn't any different, they are both evil. The bible and the Quran are both books written by death
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

The fact of the matter is that religion exists because of a simple reason: Saying 'I don't know' is really, really scary.

And sure, it's terrifying to think that you could end up burning eternally in a dimension made specifically to torture you and those like you,
but it's even scarier to imagine that the Hitlers and Stalins and teabaggers of the world all go to the same place you do: Nowhere.
However much evil religion is responsible for, billions of people worldwide are kept in line by religious doctrine, by the fear of being judged.
The simple fact is whether god is real or not, belief helps those who need it, the same way a parent helps a child for as long as he needs them.
And, like every leader of men, religions have great power to do both good and ill. Those who follow them are simply that: Followers.

I'm not saying religion is right or wrong, that god exists or not, because frankly, I don't know. I've read every single religious book I could
lay my hands on, and I still don't know. So I live my life as a good man for no other reason than to be a good man. And if you are
good as well, no matter why you are good, you are my brother. I do good for good's sake. If there is no god, I will not be disappointed.
If there is a god and it is not enough for him that I am good and fair and gentle, then he is unjust and I will be happy to be away from him.
If it is, then he, too, is my brother. But until and unless I meet him, he is simply a stranger in a story. Until then, I don't believe.
Until then, I don't know.

Return to “Trash (The Lounge)”