Do You Believe In God?

Locked

Do you believe in God?

Yes
43
46%
No
51
54%
 
Total votes: 94
PiPi
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: toilet
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by PiPi »

He created the heavens and the Earth with truth. He wraps the night around the day and wraps the day around the night, and has made the Sun and Moon subservient, each one running for a specified term. Is He not indeed the Almighty, the Endlessly Forgiving? *Surat az-Zumar*
Med kärlek...
Modz
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Modz »

Sloth wrote:I believe in god because as you can see I am here

SLOTH THE GOD!
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
User avatar
KING SNEL
Posts: 3303
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by KING SNEL »

Sloth wrote:I believe in god because as you can see I am here

SLOTH THE GOD!
svär stefan kommer skalla dig, there is only 1 god. peter vargas
User avatar
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Sloth wrote:I believe in god because as you can see I am here

SLOTH THE GOD!
:laughing-rofl:
big d energy
User avatar
Unown
Posts: 7478
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Summoners Rift
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Unown »

Concerning as to why a "God" would let all the terrible stuff happen:

I'd like to believe that God sees that we are getting overpopulated and that's a real problem, and since God sees all people as equal, everyone has a chance of getting ebola/ going to war/ car accident/ ...

That would be my theory -IF- and IF I believed in God.

I'm still not sure wether I do or not, I'd like to believe there is one, there is still some stuff that is unexplained by science, but there's alot of stuff that has been proven.

My answer is lying between yes and no, I'm not sure.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
User avatar
KING SNEL
Posts: 3303
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 159 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by KING SNEL »

Unownist wrote:Concerning as to why a "God" would let all the terrible stuff happen:

I'd like to believe that God sees that we are getting overpopulated and that's a real problem, and since God sees all people as equal, everyone has a chance of getting ebola/ going to war/ car accident/ ...

That would be my theory -IF- and IF I believed in God.

I'm still not sure wether I do or not, I'd like to believe there is one, there is still some stuff that is unexplained by science, but there's alot of stuff that has been proven.

My answer is lying between yes and no, I'm not sure.
u totally not lying, morgan freeman in bruce the almighty said sometimes we have to take care of our own shit. going to war/car accident/aids/being black is our own problem. So morgan freeman is god?? illuMINATO OPPPPPP
Big H
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Big H »

Unownist wrote:Concerning as to why a "God" would let all the terrible stuff happen:

I'd like to believe that God sees that we are getting overpopulated and that's a real problem, and since God sees all people as equal, everyone has a chance of getting ebola/ going to war/ car accident/ ...

That would be my theory -IF- and IF I believed in God.

I'm still not sure wether I do or not, I'd like to believe there is one, there is still some stuff that is unexplained by science, but there's alot of stuff that has been proven.

My answer is lying between yes and no, I'm not sure.
Well, since someone (I mention no names) thought I should take another look at this thread, I just feel compelled to answer to this post.

You say that you believe that the reason God allows all this crap (assuming you believe in His very existance) is that Earth is getting overly populated, and mankind needs to reduce it's numbers.

Now, please take no offence, but that's just plain stupid. The population of this planet has increased over the past couple of centures, and so has life expectancy. As the planets population increases, so does the avarage lifespan of a human being. If the reason behind God allowing all this death and destruction is the fact that he feels the need to reduce the Earth's populace, then why did he allow it a thousand years ago? Two thousand years ago? When the population of the planet was barely half of what it is today?

Nothing has changed, except for the fact that we LIVE LONGER now. God still allow us to die, just the same as he did millenia ago. Only thing that has changed (again, aside from the fact that we live longer), isn't that less people are being killed, but the METHODS of how we kill each other. The only thing that's changed, isn't the fact that more (or less, for that matter) people are being infected by deadly diseases, but the diseases themselves.

So, again, please take no offence, but in the future, try and think through what you say a tad bit more, will ya?
"A wise man speak because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." - Aristotle
User avatar
Watch Your Head
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Location: sweden
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Watch Your Head »

the science of evolution? first of all let me correct you atheists. Evolution is not a science nor will ever be, why? because it can not fit within the parameter and parenthesis of science, For 1 simple reason, it was never observed. Thats why its not science, its why its called "the theory of evolution" one mans theory. now let me show you how much fate it takes to believe in "evolution". You want me to believe in some accidental cosmic bang, that out of that was created one cell and from that one cell that all life springs, every plant every animal, every single human being, and somewhere along the way over years and years we mysteriously/magically developed different wills, characteristics and traits all because we willed it? Do you really think everything originates from one single cell? how much fate does that take?

To my second point, now you're probably bitching about you knowing that evolution is "just" a theory, but if we go back to science, the one thing science demands is something you've maybe heard of "the law of thermodynamics" which means that chaos can never produce order. Look at the world we live in, the sun goes down, the moon comes up we travel around the sun we have years we have minutes we have seasons, heck just look at your own body, everything works like a clock because it has ORDER.
And yet you can not argue that a world that has order came out of an ACCIDENT (bigbang,) BECAUSE IT DEFIES THE VERY LOGIC AND LAWS OF BOTH PHYSICS AND SCIENCE.

Post by josh feuerstein very famous religious debater.
Last edited by Watch Your Head on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Watch Your Head
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Location: sweden
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Watch Your Head »

Jellow wrote:
Kirito wrote:I'm talking about wars, murders and abusing. I have no knowledge about sickness, sorry.
If god created everything then he must create bacteria and virusses? So god created Ebola?

And you are saying 9/11 was a test then? and that plane that was shot down above russia? All tests to see what exactly?
sorry for spamming.
Religions are dealing with human beings and if you deal with human beings you deal with both peace and violence. Human beings is by definition violent and aggressive, thats one of the thngs that comes with the package. Religion is guidance, guidance towards that "peaceful" state, its not some sort of authority who can kick on whenever there is problems, we are free, we do what we want, if we chose to believe in god, there will be guidance towards a more peaceful state of life.
your day will come brah :)
Last edited by Watch Your Head on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
regit
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 3404
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany (NRW)
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by regit »

Watch Your Head wrote:the science of evolution? [...]
You have copied that from somewhere else and i don't quite think that you're serious. A quick internet search showed that text and a lot of responses why the argumentation is flawed. For example https://alphagypsies.wordpress.com/2014 ... ignorance/
User avatar
Watch Your Head
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Location: sweden
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Watch Your Head »

x-regit-x wrote:
Watch Your Head wrote:the science of evolution? [...]
You have copied that from somewhere else and i don't quite think that you're serious. A quick internet search showed that text and a lot of responses why the argumentation is flawed. For example https://alphagypsies.wordpress.com/2014 ... ignorance/
what does that have to do with anything? does it make it less of a statement because its not mine?
These users thanked the author Watch Your Head for the post (total 2):
doeda, Vato
Image
Humm
Posts: 388
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:45 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Humm »

Watch Your Head wrote:
x-regit-x wrote:
Watch Your Head wrote:the science of evolution? [...]
You have copied that from somewhere else and i don't quite think that you're serious. A quick internet search showed that text and a lot of responses why the argumentation is flawed. For example https://alphagypsies.wordpress.com/2014 ... ignorance/
what does that have to do with anything? does it make it less of a statement because its not mine?
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-misconceptions.html

You obviously don't know shit about evolution.
Big H
Posts: 1487
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 am
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Big H »

Watch Your Head wrote:the science of evolution? first of all let me correct you atheists. Evolution is not a science nor will ever be, why? because it can not fit within the parameter and parenthesis of science, For 1 simple reason, it was never observed. Thats why its not science, its why its called "the theory of evolution" one mans theory. now let me show you how much fate it takes to believe in "evolution". You want me to believe in some accidental cosmic bang, that out of that was created one cell and from that one cell that all life springs, every plant every animal, every single human being, and somewhere along the way over years and years we mysteriously/magically developed different wills, characteristics and traits all because we willed it? Do you really think everything originates from one single cell? how much fate does that take?

To my second point, now you're probably bitching about you knowing that evolution is "just" a theory, but if we go back to science, the one thing science demands is something you've maybe heard of "the law of thermodynamics" which means that chaos can never produce order. Look at the world we live in, the sun goes down, the moon comes up we travel around the sun we have years we have minutes we have seasons, heck just look at your own body, everything works like a clock because it has ORDER.
And yet you can not argue that a world that has order came out of an ACCIDENT (bigbang,) BECAUSE IT DEFIES THE VERY LOGIC AND LAWS OF BOTH PHYSICS AND SCIENCE.

Post by josh feuerstein very famous religious debater.
This is just...

First of all, do you know what the definition of a "scientific theory" is? Do you know HOW a scientific theory is created? Please, don't confuse theories with a hypothises (spelling?).

A theory is based on evidence. Trial and error. Someone just didn't sit there, and go all "Oh, I know! We all evolved from a single cell! How awesome isn't that?" and thus, evolution was created. No, that's wrong. That's not how science works, and if you don't know that, then you really ought to go back to school, or even read a few books. For crying out loud, don't talk about something you don't know anything about.

You say that everything magically popped up. Wrong. There's no magic involved. Only science. While I haven't read all the details on evolution, and so I can't give you all the details about it, I know for a FACT that there doesn't take any "faith" to believe in it. Why? Because what's true is true, no matter whether you believe in it, or not.

P.S, Humm, STOP TELLING ME TO CHECK THIS THREAD! It only makes me angry.
"A wise man speak because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." - Aristotle
User avatar
The Beard
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by The Beard »

Watch Your Head wrote:the science of evolution? first of all let me correct you atheists. Evolution is not a science nor will ever be, why? because it can not fit within the parameter and parenthesis of science, For 1 simple reason, it was never observed. Thats why its not science, its why its called "the theory of evolution" one mans theory. now let me show you how much fate it takes to believe in "evolution". You want me to believe in some accidental cosmic bang, that out of that was created one cell and from that one cell that all life springs, every plant every animal, every single human being, and somewhere along the way over years and years we mysteriously/magically developed different wills, characteristics and traits all because we willed it? Do you really think everything originates from one single cell? how much fate does that take?

To my second point, now you're probably bitching about you knowing that evolution is "just" a theory, but if we go back to science, the one thing science demands is something you've maybe heard of "the law of thermodynamics" which means that chaos can never produce order. Look at the world we live in, the sun goes down, the moon comes up we travel around the sun we have years we have minutes we have seasons, heck just look at your own body, everything works like a clock because it has ORDER.
And yet you can not argue that a world that has order came out of an ACCIDENT (bigbang,) BECAUSE IT DEFIES THE VERY LOGIC AND LAWS OF BOTH PHYSICS AND SCIENCE.

Post by josh feuerstein very famous religious debater.


The argument is flawed, the laws of science and physics are based on a lot of theory's, these theory's exist purely because they must exist to be able to explain the laws, study some higher level science, maybe a little quantum physics and you will see how much of our "scientific laws" may well be flawed, The search for the higs boson is just one example, something that was decided must exist to explain certain reactions and dependency's back in 1964.

So many things in life and religion come down to theory's and/or interpretations, one persons ideology is not always another's, as such we end up with a multitude of ideas or representations of ideas and this leads to fighting about what is right or wrong, in reality neither are right and neither are wrong, its down to personal opinion and everyone is entitled to there opinions.
Image
User avatar
Watch Your Head
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:37 pm
Location: sweden
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by Watch Your Head »

Humm wrote:http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-misconceptions.html

You obviously don't know shit about evolution.
Wassup brah anything about human evolution in there?

BIG H, could you widen your thoughts and maybe educate me on evolutions course and adventure to finding self-awareness? "Self-awareness is the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals" Is nature trying to break free from it self? whats stoping other beings to become self-aware? the earth has been around for billions of years hasnt it? is there any recorded history of self awareness? why start now ? if you're so smart enlighten me.
Image
Locked

Return to “Trash (The Lounge)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests