Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 94
Modz

Do You Believe In God?

Post by Modz »

Hi, i just want to know who believe in god and who is not.
Last edited by Modz on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bis

Re: Do You believe In God?

Post by bis »

No
Twizted

Post by Twizted »

You just do not bring a religious discussion to gaming forums.
kickin it like Capone
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Twizted wrote:You just do not bring a religious discussion to gaming forums.
There are ways to have mature discussions regarding religion on gaming forums (even if it can get quite heated up due to the subject) though I don't think neonDragon is quite the community for that for.. various reasons, childish people, trolls and all the rest.

But anyway it's just a question, you're not obliged to elaborate your PoV however I don't think it has any valuable contribution as a topic since it's likely to have no discussion. And in the end forums tend to avoid those topics because it's nothing but infuriating while it has no worthwhile effect over the community in general.
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

I personally believe race, religion and politics have no place in a gaming community, there the main causes of arguments and wars throughout the world, i just dont see how it relates to a game where we come to have fun and escape the issues of the real world.

Having said that a thread like this pops up every now and then, as long as it doesnt get out of hand it can be left to run its course, I will ask you all to remember and be mindful of the fact that everyone is entitled to there own opinions even if it isnt the same as yours, so please keep it clean.

Just for the record im not a Satan worshipper :naughty:
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Satanssoul wrote:Just for the record im not a Satan worshipper :naughty:
Laughed so hard
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I always wished that neonDragon would have a larger discussion base but I've always been reluctant to creating these topics and hoping other people would to see if anyone else has any interest in it.

I think it can have place in gaming communities as long as people are mature enough so it depends on the community.

Since you asked if we believe in God and not why/how - answer's yes from me.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Twizted

Post by Twizted »

Maki wrote:
Twizted wrote:You just do not bring a religious discussion to gaming forums.
There are ways to have mature discussions regarding religion on gaming forums (even if it can get quite heated up due to the subject) though I don't think neonDragon is quite the community for that for.. various reasons, childish people, trolls and all the rest.
Contrary to what seems to be your belief, they will always end in flame war and Allah-Akbar. Regardless of that, I'd enjoy having a few politic, religious and scientific debates across the internet but a gaming forum is not really the best place for that.
kickin it like Capone
Dangan

Post by Dangan »

Dangan wrote:I don't think there is enough mature people left to have a serious thread anymore so I wouldn't make one.
This topic is a litte bit awkward for me, but let's say I'd like to believe but I would need some kind of proof.

I'm quite sure we had one decent discussion in the past. I have this vague memory of having a religion thread.
Modz

Post by Modz »

Dangan wrote:
Dangan wrote:I don't think there is enough mature people left to have a serious thread anymore so I wouldn't make one.
This topic is a litte bit awkward for me, but let's say I'd like to believe but I would need some kind of proof.

I'm quite sure we had one decent discussion in the past. I have this vague memory of having a religion thread.
If you want proof, just look at world..
Who made the sky?
Who made the mountains?
Who made the the planets and stars??

I'm not kidding, and please don't troll guys it's serious theard.
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Mod wrote:
Dangan wrote:

If you want proof, just look at world..
Who made the sky?
Who made the mountains?
Who made the the planets and stars??

I'm not kidding, and please don't troll guys it's serious theard.
The big bang made all these things. They are all scientifically explainable, however you believe in a made up being and therefore will never be able to accept any for of scientific reasoning. Most religious people don't even believe in evolution (Cuz a story like Adam and Eve + a talking snake and burning bush is much more believeable).

Religion is by far the number one cause of death on earth and has been ever since someone invented it. Therefore if there would be a god he/she/it is a very evil creation that enjoys pain and suffering in their behalf.

I suppose you would look at Ebola and say "god created this to test our will", tell that to the 15.000 people dieing from it...
kami (GER]

Re: Do You Believe In God?

Post by kami (GER] »

when it comes to religion and they story telling, you cant take it one to one. most people would say good looks like a human, but thats a made up thing cause humans think they are the most intelligent living things on earth and in the universe. "god" might just be a spirit being mirrored in anything we would want to see god in (< god is everywhere at any time). adam and eve might not have been the only two persons on earth, but its more simple to not have a crowd of humans to explain a story about a third party person (aka snake) destroying a "couples" life and their thrusts.

think out of the box thats given. thats how religion works, but most just take it one to one how its written and thats why its not making sense to the logical thinking.

ever since humanity became smarter than a banana, they had this thoughts that there has to be a spirit around who is giving them all of what they get. they had to believe in a higher might, because there was no real science yet. guess the ones to start spreading the story about a god and all this religious stuff are nothing else than the guys stealing our well earned money and making our lifes harder with all their bullcrap they make people believe in.

well, i am not that good in english to keep on sharing my whole thoughts to this. i ll let it stand as it is and leave this thread. maybe someone understands it.
Image Image
bis

Post by bis »

i still don't understand how people can believe in "that man in the sky" since he allows our society to evolve into what it is today with psychopaths beheading innocent people aswell as events such as the holocaust and WW1/WW2
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Well all i can share (or try to share) is who made the big bang explode? The big bang was indeed there i believe that and i'm also muslim. I believe that a certain person(god) made it explode and such created all of the universe non-direct or w/e u call it. And freeda_khala well for us we got learned this: god helped every prophet to eliminate the bad people f.e noah all the good people escaped because god helped noah do that and made a split in the ocean everyone escaped and only the bad people who followed "fake-god" as known as the pharao died. I can give many exemples of these similar situations, but cba to write them all. But the era of the last prophet muhammed (saw) was the last era he eliminated the bad people. He was testing the human being and will keep testing them untill the jawmal-qiyama (the last hour where we all die and get jufged about our deeds wether we go to hell or heaven). So everything that happened the wars the killing the abusing everything is by the will of the human being itself. Maybe this will help you understand better why god still lets us live like this i hope it gives u a better view, thanks
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
Vato
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Kirito wrote: He was testing the human being and will keep testing them untill the jawmal-qiyama (the last hour where we all die and get jufged about our deeds wether we go to hell or heaven). So everything that happened the wars the killing the abusing everything is by the will of the human being itself. Maybe this will help you understand better why god still lets us live like this i hope it gives u a better view, thanks
So ebola is a test?

Return to “Trash (The Lounge)”