CT camping.

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Re: CT camping.

Post by Shadi »

Tower != dark spot

Also I agree with Silas' post about dark camping.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
RaOoF^

Post by RaOoF^ »

I agree with you Lien, but if they insist on adding such a light rule and think it will improve the gameplay, then it's okay with me. However I prefer common sense instead in this case.

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Shadi wrote:Tower != dark spot

Also I agree with Silas' post about dark camping.
The problem itself is more than that. I think that you can see that in the explanations etc on page 1. It's the fact that CT's camp in their base, regardless of the spot they camp at is a 'dark spot' or not. Having a team that has to deal with and looses all the time because of 1 or 2 people that camp on a regular basis, should be able to be handled and moderated by using common sense. There is no reason to add a rule because it goes beyond the 'dark spot' places. If we add a rule it will be one that is too complicated and too long to explain where they can not camp. Having a rule that says ''No excessive camping in base as a CT'' should be clear yes, but I still think that using common sense is the way to handle problems like these.
nBi

Post by nBi »

This place is almost on every map, and camping in this one is always dark camping.
Spoiler!
And there are some other places in some maps that you can count as dark camping.
xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

We already slay when people are camping on that dark spot at least i talk for my self, there isn't a rule needed to be added. If that's only for that dark spot meh why not. Even if it woulden't make any difrence seeing people still camp everyday hostage's and CT's still camp in base or in that dark spot, it's part of the gameplay to find noob's like those and it's our job to punish them for not following the CT camping rule that pretty mutch states that camping isn't allowed. But if it would make some happier to put 'CT's are not allowed to base camp/darkspot' why not , i see this as a tornado in a glass of water seeing we already punish this kind of people.
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

xReii^ wrote:We already slay when people are camping on that dark spot at least i talk for my self, there isn't a rule needed to be added. If that's only for that dark spot meh why not. Even if it woulden't make any difrence seeing people still camp everyday hostage's and CT's still camp in base or in that dark spot, it's part of the gameplay to find noob's like those and it's our job to punish them for not following the CT camping rule that pretty mutch states that camping isn't allowed. But if it would make some happier to put 'CT's are not allowed to base camp/darkspot' why not , i see this as a tornado in a glass of water seeing we already punish this kind of people.
Because there Is no such rule they whine/freak out why they got slayed. If there would be a rule (it's just adding 1 sentence) and that rule would prevent only 1 guy/girl not to camp there, I think it would be a succes rule. It's low effort to add the rule since every moderator already uses it.

I play on low resolution and for me it's hard to see trough fences and even harder to spot someone in the darkzone (bottom of the bridge). It would be simple to just add a rule, since everyone uses the rule already it just needs to be official.
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

SilasHacktivated wrote:
xReii^ wrote:We already slay when people are camping on that dark spot at least i talk for my self, there isn't a rule needed to be added. If that's only for that dark spot meh why not. Even if it woulden't make any difrence seeing people still camp everyday hostage's and CT's still camp in base or in that dark spot, it's part of the gameplay to find noob's like those and it's our job to punish them for not following the CT camping rule that pretty mutch states that camping isn't allowed. But if it would make some happier to put 'CT's are not allowed to base camp/darkspot' why not , i see this as a tornado in a glass of water seeing we already punish this kind of people.
Because there Is no such rule they whine/freak out why they got slayed. If there would be a rule (it's just adding 1 sentence) and that rule would prevent only 1 guy/girl not to camp there, I think it would be a succes rule. It's low effort to add the rule since every moderator already uses it.

I play on low resolution and for me it's hard to see trough fences and even harder to spot someone in the darkzone (bottom of the bridge). It would be simple to just add a rule, since everyone uses the rule already it just needs to be official.
^ So when do we add it? Now? Ok, thanks.
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

As shadi said, it shouldnt be moderated if it isnt a rule, even if u use common sense, its still not a rule and therefore shouldnt be punished.

Second i dont like the idea that we have to dictate how players have to play when being on the assault server (cs is about having fun or am i wrong?). With ventcamp and hostage camp i can sorta understand that it destroys gameplay abit for one of the teams, but comeon, majority of players joining this server is nonsteam. Noobs that dont know what server rules are and do what they can to survive and get a good score. I can imagne how they will get owned hard by the skilled players on the server. When they try to keep themselves alive by doing things like camping in their base and the dark spots there, they should have the right to do so. If we start adding rules about dark spots and no CT-camp we are only creating a system that is enjoyable for the regulars, pros and especially the terroist, since they are allowed to camp, while the noobs playing CT must rush and take the ownage or otherwise get punished. I cant see how such a rule would help, other than feeding the pros with noob frags. If the gameplay dosent move, then join the opposite team and make it move.
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Pukata wrote:As shadi said, it shouldnt be moderated if it isnt a rule, even if u use common sense, its still not a rule and therefore shouldnt be punished.

Second i dont like the idea that we have to dictate how players have to play when being on the assault server (cs is about having fun or am i wrong?). With ventcamp and hostage camp i can sorta understand that it destroys gameplay abit for one of the teams, but comeon, majority of players joining this server is nonsteam. Noobs that dont know what server rules are and do what they can to survive and get a good score. I can imagne how they will get owned hard by the skilled players on the server. When they try to keep themselves alive by doing things like camping in their base and the dark spots there, they should have the right to do so. If we start adding rules about dark spots and no CT-camp we are only creating a system that is enjoyable for the regulars, pros and especially the terroist, since they are allowed to camp, while the noobs playing CT must rush and take the ownage or otherwise get punished. I cant see how such a rule would help, other than feeding the pros with noob frags. If the gameplay dosent move, then join the opposite team and make it move.
I must say dark camping destroy the gameplay in the same way as vent/hostage camping. I'm not talking about base camping, just dark camping because they get the advantage of being invisible<<< this is the real issue, not the camping or being noob or anything else, just the fact that they are hard to see/invisible. They can create an unfair advantage.

If you just let all the CT nonsteamers in their dark spot you will create a system no one likes, and those noobs will never learn to truely play counter-strike.

I always join the losing team when they are outnumbered.
eDi =)

Post by eDi =) »

One word, Campmeter.

Post by dArra;] »

eDi =) wrote:One word, Campmeter.
Actually this is pretty good idea! This would fix also hostage/vent camper problem when moderators arent online

"No one dies a virgin, life fucks us all"
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

dArra;] wrote:
Actually this is pretty good idea! This would fix also hostage/vent camper problem when moderators arent online
It would be pretty impossible to put camp-meters on all the maps.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

A camp meter is server related, not map related as far as I know. But either way, no god no. Please just no camp meters -.-
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Lien~ wrote:A camp meter is server related, not map related as far as I know. But either way, no god no. Please just no camp meters -.-
Yes, but not everywhere is restricted; and if we want a plugin that reads certain areas in maps it'd become map-related.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Assault Trash”