CT camping.

User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by RaOoF^ »

Logically, CTs have to rescue hostages and camping is the opposite, so using your logic you will simply ask them to move, maximum case is slay after warning.
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Lien~ »

It is not stated in the rules that CT's are not allowed to camp. However, moderators often take the decision to 'warn' the guy in question (CT) if he is constantly camping which results in their team loosing all the time. We can't slay/kick or ban them, we can only ask them to move from their spot. If they don't then tough shit. I understand it can bring some chaos and hatred towards those who do it, but as said there is nothing we can do about it. It is currently not stated in the rules, and if a rule will come only then we can act up. Not prior to that though.
User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by RaOoF^ »

Just to mention, we will not add such a rule. Usually moderators use their logic for such situations and barely someone face problems with it.
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Lien~ »

SuvI wrote:It wouldn't even have to be a rule, it's common sense which I hope some people still have it.
I agree hence the fact I said we moderators would normally ask/tell them to move. I don't think I've ever slain a person for it, but I would if he is the main problem for why the CT team looses all the time. Not to forget that it's the games' objective for the CT's to rescue the hostages, not to camp in the tower and sit there all warm and snug. So yeah, no rule has to be added. Just tell them to /me move, if they don't after x-rounds and the CT team still fails to win due to that, then take action if required to.
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15499
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 643 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Shadi »

SuvI wrote:How fucked up someone have to be not to get this?

CT is not allowed to camp. I'm not meaning CT cannot be in base, ofc they can rush block and defend the base.

But I'm meaning to get rid of this scenario which you all are familiar if you play on assault server.

T in base, CT in base and game is not going anywhere. CT is in the situation where he IS obligated to attack. The server game idea HAVE to be so that the game is fast and smooth, in other words intense.

GET TO IT TO ENFORCE THE BASIC IDEA OF ASSAULT/HOSTAGE RESCUE and CT move. If you don't get it I lose hope for your intelligence.
Staying in base as CT is beneficial for the CT team, protecting people coming back to the base with hossies is a part of the gameplay. There are defensive, aggressive and somewhat balanced players and that's how it is. I know your point is if they stay in the base for a long time but even that shouldn't be a gigantic problem and I think you're magnifying the issue.

Secondly we don't want too many rules on the server, it's already difficult for nonSteam players to understand the very few rules we have on the server now and I feel like when I slay vent/hostage campers it's impossible to tell them why they were wrong. They look confused when the action happens and usually takes quite long before they actually understand.

If you want the rule however I will take it up as an admin meeting agenda point and we can see whether it should be added or not. The meeting should be just around the corner so be a bit patient, thanks for addressing the issue it'll be looked into.

So far;
Rex wrote:
  • Killing hostages is forbidden.
  • Extended periods of vent/hostage camping is forbidden.
  • VIPs are not allowed to give themselves guns on the first round.
Source: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=165&t=12974
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Maki
Friend of the Community
Posts: 4411
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Maki »

SuvI wrote:Oh for crying out loud, how would you know the issue if you don't play there as so often, its not a constant issue but its pops up many times during a day.
And it's up to the Moderator to deal with it accordingly, however it's not enforced and therefore we're not obliged to.

Edit : And most of us still do it, however you gotta understand that you gotta be flexible on those kind of things, nonsteamers can't talk english that good and take a good while to understand. It's not easy to spread the message and simply slaying them has no effect except make them leave or wonder what happened.
Last edited by Maki on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by RaOoF^ »

Do you have any suggestions on how to "Enforce" the CTs to rescue hostages? maybe your intelligence might help us ;)
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
Gotouda Aki
Posts: 3476
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: CT camping.

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Suvi stated she didnt' want a rule at all, simple more moderation on spawn campers of the CT team who doesn't do their job as they should.

It's very simple I would say. How I do it.

If I see a CT who doesn't move from his/hers camping spot during the game, EVEN after their team mates have died, I will warn, no movement? I will warn again, no movement? I will slay.

Fixes it most of the cases, if they do it again, I will slay, agian, well I'll slay again then.
I will warn the first, second and maybe the 3rd time, after that I will just slay them without warnings, they have already been warned, so there's no point in doing it again. Undless their memory is worse than a fish and if they don't know english, then there really isn't a point in warning at all? So just slay.

Auto-slay seems to be the most effective way to get rid of those campers, they get tricked into believing they got slayed for staying there too long. At least the ones who doesn't know english.
And if slays doesn't work, kick them and ban them if they really won't stop.

There might not be a rule that tells them they cannot do it, but the rules for a normal server like this, is to capture the hostages, by not doing so is rule breaking in itself and destroys the gameplay. And I think we have make sure not to piss the majority of people off, so slaying this 1 person who piss 10 people off, makes the 1 person unhappy and the 10 people happy.
Of cause all of this depends on the whole situation and how much time there's left, how many CTs that's left, where the Ts are and how many there's left and how many times this person have done it before and so on.
So I would say it's up to the moderaters themself to judge wether it's worth a warn/slay/kick/ban. Sometimes we just have to take action, even if there are not rules about it and simply draw in the job as a moderator and the gameplay of the server.
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

Maki wrote:
SuvI wrote:Oh for crying out loud, how would you know the issue if you don't play there as so often, its not a constant issue but its pops up many times during a day.
And it's up to the Moderator to deal with it accordingly, however it's not enforced and therefore we're not obliged to.

Edit : And most of us still do it, however you gotta understand that you gotta be flexible on those kind of things, nonsteamers can't talk english that good and take a good while to understand. It's not easy to spread the message and simply slaying them has no effect except make them leave or wonder what happened.
Also those guys dont always pay attention to the chat. On old servers admins had powers to spam "MOVE" (It's like an army sergeant who yells it)(I can't find the voice on YT I hope someone knows what I mean) on a player so would definitely have to hear it.

Also about base camping, as long as they stay on the roof it isn't that big of a deal, they can be killed easily. But when they sit behind a box, camping at 1 (dark)spot and the only way to kill them is to run in their aim, those are the real troublemakers. And they play plain unfair and lame.

On the dark tower in 1337 that one is a big issue, they always sit there just camping for someone comming up the ladder.

In my opinion there SHOULD be a rule against Dark campers. It's as unfair and lame as vent/hostage camping.
User avatar
nBi
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by nBi »

And as Silaz mentioned, there should be a rule against dark camping.
Since it is pretty much the same as if you would vent/hostage camp.
So, almost all kind of camping should actually be prohibited, except the "short campings".
User avatar
xReii^
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by xReii^ »

I think every Fun moderator that plays on our assault server has the common sense to slay campers after 0:25 , 0:30 that's the max as it goes for me. Eitherways this topic can be a reminders to keep attention to it.

About dark camping this is in not a rule i agree with because duo to the dark maps we have. T's mission is to prevent CTS from taking the hostages , now this said 70% of the T gameplay involves around ' base camp' so it just woulden't fit. Also if there is a a T having shooting moments with the CTS and he stays there for a couple of seconds 10/30 because he's surrounded in thet darkspot (behind the red container near the hostages balcony) , it's just stupid and a few regulars will consider it camping. I my self camp when i feel like i'm out numberd , there should only be a rule for camping for the T team and that it's the vent and the hostage room nothing else.
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

xReii^ wrote:I think every Fun moderator that plays on our assault server has the common sense to slay campers after 0:25 , 0:30 that's the max as it goes for me. Eitherways this topic can be a reminders to keep attention to it.

About dark camping this is in not a rule i agree with because duo to the dark maps we have. T's mission is to prevent CTS from taking the hostages , now this said 70% of the T gameplay involves around ' base camp' so it just woulden't fit. Also if there is a a T having shooting moments with the CTS and he stays there for a couple of seconds 10/30 because he's surrounded in thet darkspot (behind the red container near the hostages balcony) , it's just stupid and a few regulars will consider it camping. I my self camp when i feel like i'm out numberd , there should only be a rule for camping for the T team and that it's the vent and the hostage room nothing else.
The dark camp rule is about CT's camping at the dark spot at bridge.
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15499
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 643 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Shadi »

I don't mind seeing such a rule but it shouldn't be moderated when it's not there.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by RaOoF^ »

Adding a rule against it is very similar to vent/hostage camping. Maybe just add the 'dark spot' next to the hostage/vent camping rule.
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: CT camping.

Post by Lien~ »

RaOoF^ wrote:Adding a rule against is very similar like vent/hostage camping. Maybe just add the 'dark spot' next to the hostage/vent camping rule.
Dark spot will be a loophole as people will say ''this tower is not a darkspot'' or whatever. Imo a rule is not needed per se. Just use common sense?
Locked

Return to “Assault Trash”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest