New function for members

akusteele

Re: New function for members

Post by akusteele »

kallekanin wrote:Well the server is a UK server, aka, english speaking. So in my opinion there shouldn't be special treatment for those who doesn't understand english when playing on a english speaking server.
Again, their own fault.
That there really is complete bs tbh .. because if you think of that this way: you flip the situation around, where you are english and you go to say a russian server where rules are in russian and you don't know a word of it and you do something that they have forbidden and because of it u get slayed / kicked / banned for it. And then say if you do get banned and you ask why i got banned they just say "it's not our fault you don't understand russian language."

I didn't know it's somekind of special treatment if you simply put the rules in few other languages to the /rules window, i thought it could be this thing called "common courtesy" or something that direction, since it surely should not be an impossible thing to do to simply translate them :think: (i.e http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13150)

E: for example in russian and this took me literally like 2 minutes (used google translate, how right these are i don't know.)

- Убийство заложников запрещено.
- Длительные периоды вытяжной / заложника кемпинг запрещен.
- VIP-персоны не могут дать себе оружие в первом раунде.
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

akusteele wrote:
kallekanin wrote:Well the server is a UK server, aka, english speaking. So in my opinion there shouldn't be special treatment for those who doesn't understand english when playing on a english speaking server.
Again, their own fault.
That there really is complete bs tbh .. because if you think of that this way: you flip the situation around, where you are english and you go to say a russian server where rules are in russian and you don't know a word of it and you do something that they have forbidden and because of it u get slayed / kicked / banned for it. And then say if you do get banned and you ask why i got banned they just say "it's not our fault you don't understand russian language."

I didn't know it's somekind of special treatment if you simply put the rules in few other languages to the /rules window, i thought it could be this thing called "common courtesy" or something that direction, since it surely should not be an impossible thing to do to simply translate them :think: (i.e http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13150)

E: for example in russian and this took me literally like 2 minutes (used google translate, how right these are i don't know.)

Why play on a server that uses a language that you don't understand? English is the primarily internationally spoken language , having rules in english points out to a player that the server is in English having them in another language would be useless imo and lets be honest if you can't speak at all English it means you went to school for nothing.
Image Image
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

akusteele wrote:
Again, their own fault.

Feel free to translate all the rules. I don't think anyone is stopping you. But just remember there's hundres of languages. Whuch languages should be translated? All of them? I doubt, since it all takes on the machine which isn't the best atm. Also english is a language that is spread out the world, so shouldn't be so hard to understand with the rules say, also when we tell them to it, and if they do not understand, how should they know when I tell them "read the rules, type /rules" because they don't understand english? Even then, how can I make sure they've read them?
Translation on the forum is a different thing from actually translation all the rules on all servers for the specific country.

And also google translate doesn't translate it correctly. I have translated danish sentences into english via it, and the sentence that comes out doesn't make sense. So we should find a translater that understood the language and can write all the rules. Also asks the admins to add it, for those few persons that comes in + the fact that I doubt many actually do read the when logging to the server.
The fact stands that this is a english speaking server, and people should at least know enough to read the rules. Else in my opinion it's their own fault for joining a server they don't understand the language in and the get punished for not understand what we do when we tell them what they are doing wrong.
Also the non-english areas are for our regulars so they have their own place for their language. It isn't meant as a place for everyone. Doesn't mean other people from that country can't come in a talk. But it's meant for the regulars.

I don't think anyone want to translate the rules, and I don't think the admins wanna fill the servers up with mostly useless plug-ins for multiple translations and make it even harder for the machine.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

We dont have that many rules. Why dont we just translate them in the most comon languages and see if that helps?! I also suggested it here.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Lien~ wrote:We dont have that many rules. Why dont we just translate them in the most comon languages and see if that helps?! I also suggested it here.
If we should translate it in the common language it should be translated in the 3 most spread out language.

English
Spanish
Chinese

Those are the 3 major language in the world.
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver »

Languages should be the most common on the servers, not of the world. Not many Chinese people playing for instance...
.gif © Kwaakt
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

QuickSilver wrote:Languages should be the most common on the servers, not of the world. Not many Chinese people playing for instance...
True, most common the Assault server must be something like, english & swedish. Most likely.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

No need to do so for people from Sweden/Netherlands etc. We can all speak English. Its more for those from Russia, Kazahkstan etc etc. Its just a suggestion though, no clue if this will work/is wanted anyways.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Well it might be needed for a server like ZM if there's a majority non-english speaking country. But for a server like Assault where (as I've seen it) there is no other majority non-english speaking country, I don't see it needed to be added a translation of the rules.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

I'd say the most common speaking languages within the player whom played in neonDragon would be English (obv), French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic perhaps.

Maki

Post by Maki »

Starzy wrote:I'd say the most common speaking languages within the player whom played in neonDragon would be English (obv), French, Spanish, Portuguese and Arabic perhaps.
It wouldn't be hard to translate the little of rules there is. the question here is "Would they even read them". Almost no one reads the rules, even on JB where there's a message that pops to say if you agree to them or not.

Eventually, you could give a translation to every language to moderate so they can use whatever language fits the situation but I don't see that as a priority or something that should really be done knowing that more than half the people wouldn't care anyway.
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

Spanish
Ukranie
Brazil
Algeria
Russia

----
http://cs3.neondragon.net/hlx/hlstats.p ... order=desc
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

All translations we can translate should be translated if we're going to do this. However, as Maki is saying and as I told Lien I doubt they'll care, maybe just a few selected people, whereas we agreed even if only a few we'd be glad to help but I doubt even a few. They haven't paid a dime for the game and therefore they don't follow the ToS so why follow for one server where they can constantly return to anyway. If they follow the rules I don't think it's coz they are written down but for moral reasons. (Starzy and znk's lists are good)
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
akusteele

Post by akusteele »

All this fuss from a post i hazard a guess none of you even read carefully enough. :)
But if i put that one small part again..
akusteele wrote:if you simply put the rules in few other languages to the /rules window.
So by that i meant the languages of the few different countries where most / majority of the players connects from, i did not mean every possible language in the world.
and you don't need plugins for this.. just put them in motd file on cstrike dir if what's in it now is not needed / obsolete. :)
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Shadi wrote:All translations we can translate should be translated if we're going to do this. However, as Maki is saying and as I told Lien I doubt they'll care, maybe just a few selected people, whereas we agreed even if only a few we'd be glad to help but I doubt even a few. They haven't paid a dime for the game and therefore they don't follow the ToS so why follow for one server where they can constantly return to anyway. If they follow the rules I don't think it's coz they are written down but for moral reasons. (Starzy and znk's lists are good)
True, however Kalle mentioned aswell that they would prolly not even read it. I didnt thought of that + adding that it's a non steam server I resign from my idea as it will most likely turn into something that wont make much difference anyways. Thanks for the feedback though.

Return to “Assault Trash”