New function for members

StevenN

New function for members

Post by StevenN »

Since there are a lot of vent campers and hostage campers lately, won't it be a good addon to the members to add a slap function.
It's is better to warn them with slapping than slaying (for a first warning, because most of those campers don't read the chat(???))
I know it's available for the Admins, but I think it would be a good addon for members too. (And ofcourse they won't abuse it ;) )
Become a fan of my DJ page!

Maki

Re: New function for members

Post by Maki »

More of a fun function than a function to moderate, Members already have two slay function for this (Aimslay and !slay / menu) , I think it is enough. And most people wouldn't react to a simple slap too.
StevenN

Post by StevenN »

I still think members are called members to moderate the server. They should be mature enough to handle it (since it is required).

Maki

Post by Maki »

StevenN wrote:I still think members are called members to moderate the server. They should be mature enough to handle it (since it is required).
I don't think so. And it isn't needed either, they have several other members tool more effective than that for those cases. (Slay, kick, ban)
AjanozeN

Post by AjanozeN »

I just think there should become a plugin, who does everytime you're hostage / vent camping there will come a campermeter like surf.
If it's possible, it would be great. It would stop all the campers and it's very easy to see :D
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Well slapping them might make them look at chat, without killing or kicking them. Other than that it wouldn't have more use to it.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

AjanozeN wrote:I just think there should become a plugin, who does everytime you're hostage / vent camping there will come a campermeter like surf.
If it's possible, it would be great. It would stop all the campers and it's very easy to see :D
Do not add a campermeter. Keep the server clean for worthless shit that it dont need.
A slap function for the members isnt such a bad idea. But I dont think it's to much of a problem.
I think the members is handling this well.
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Kwaakt

Post by Kwaakt »

Indeed.. Dont use a campmeterplugin or something.

Today was horrible indeed. Lots of campers. and how hard stevenn was trying. (votekick) and the chat. It wasnt enough. I also was spamming the chat not to vent/hostage camp/ctcamp and so on. But It didnt worked. The only way to stop was blocking the entrance of the vent..

I dont think the slap function wil work. There is enough slapping in jail . ;) Ventslapping (funny word) wont work.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Campmeter will be a useless plugin in Assault. People will start moving and the meter goes down/disappears. I do however agree with that members should be able to slap. Or that the chat changes in that we can type to alive people when we are dead (con though, since that brings ghosting along :/). The slap function would be the ultimate solution tbh, a slay for a camp (vent/hostage) is not in its place if the player cant be warned properly. By adding the slapfunction or the chatchange I think the camping would decrease drasticly.
StevenN

Post by StevenN »

You can add different options aswell:

Slap once
Slap 5 times
Slap with X hp

Remember , this function isn't about adding a "fun" factor to the game, but to warn those campers instead of slaying them.

Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

I don't really see it neccesary to add a slap function.
They can read the rules both in-game and on forum. So that should be cleared out. They can also read the chat when told not to hostage camp. Also a single slap might get their notice but I doubt they'll stop vent camping, even slaying them sometimes won't help it.

Besides slay for 1 round because they didn't notice what they are told, shouldn't be the biggest problem, it's one round. And if they continue it's their own fault for getting slayed/kicked/banned.

Also in my opinion, one of the special things about buying VIP too is that they can slap we can't. So that would be a con overall that they will lose that special thing they can that we can't. And this function wouldn't be much usual anyways, slay should be fine and if they complain they could've read the chat or read the rules when join. Just do like JB where they have to agree to the rules. Then they can't say they didn't know there were any, cuz they have already agreed to them to join.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

kallekanin wrote:I don't really see it neccesary to add a slap function.
They can read the rules both in-game and on forum. So that should be cleared out. They can also read the chat when told not to hostage camp. Also a single slap might get their notice but I doubt they'll stop vent camping, even slaying them sometimes won't help it.

Besides slay for 1 round because they didn't notice what they are told, shouldn't be the biggest problem, it's one round. And if they continue it's their own fault for getting slayed/kicked/banned.

Also in my opinion, one of the special things about buying VIP too is that they can slap we can't. So that would be a con overall that they will lose that special thing they can that we can't. And this function wouldn't be much usual anyways, slay should be fine and if they complain they could've read the chat or read the rules when join. Just do like JB where they have to agree to the rules. Then they can't say they didn't know there were any, cuz they have already agreed to them to join.
Hmm this is actuallly what it should be, after considering my own post. Kalle is right. Even when you are VIP you arent able to slap. A message would do it. Whether its the ''Agree with rules'' or the chat-change one doesnt matter. Either way, people in Assault are less ''social''. Meaning they never listen and hardly ever learn from 1 slay.
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

Lien~ wrote:

Hmm this is actuallly what it should be, after considering my own post. Kalle is right. Even when you are VIP you arent able to slap. A message would do it. Whether its the ''Agree with rules'' or the chat-change one doesnt matter. Either way, people in Assault are less ''social''. Meaning they never listen and hardly ever learn from 1 slay.
Adding a "Agree with rules" is a good idea and you also have a point with slapping.
It's one fetures about buying vip and it will be stupid if people without buying vip being able to do that.
Kalle i like your thoughts ;)
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

akusteele

Post by akusteele »

They can read the rules both in-game and on forum. So that should be cleared out.
The con in this is, that there is players who don't understand a word in english, what makes typing warnings to these players useless. And besides in these cases, saying / accusing that it's player x own fault that he don't read the rules when he don't even understand them is kinda stupid. (and that option which comes when map starts, can be "dodged" just by using the buy menu.)

There is few solutions to this though
- To add the rules in different languages in to the box /rules opens
- Or add it so that the rules come to everyone's screen via rcon say or amx_tsay / amx_csay command, just like the other servers comes to the center of the screen randomly.
These users thanked the author akusteele for the post:
ZnK
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

akusteele wrote:
They can read the rules both in-game and on forum. So that should be cleared out.
The con in this is, that there is players who don't understand a word in english, what makes typing warnings to these players useless. And besides in these cases, saying / accusing that it's player x own fault that he don't read the rules when he don't even understand them is kinda stupid. (and that option which comes when map starts, can be "dodged" just by using the buy menu.)

There is few solutions to this though
- To add the rules in different languages in to the box /rules opens
- Or add it so that the rules come to everyone's screen via rcon say or amx_tsay / amx_csay command, just like the other servers comes to the center of the screen randomly.
Well the server is a UK server, aka, english speaking. So in my opinion there shouldn't be special treatment for those who doesn't understand english when playing on a english speaking server.
Again, their own fault.

Return to “Assault Trash”