New server mod!

Pukata
neonDragon Admin

New server mod!

Post by Pukata »

Hello,

As mentioned in the admin meeting outcome topic, we have decided to change the surf_ski_2 only mod into surf-gungame (the mod before surf_ski_2 only). It used to be a very popular mod here at neonDragon, untill the dark day 1 year ago, when we had an ip change :(
Anyway, with the current server mod, we couldnt find much to improve, and we noticed that players that connects to the server dosent stay for long = they are bored. So admins & the nD* fun team has agreed on changing the server mod, into something more interresting.

Basically the mod is just like regular gungame, just that the weapon order is reversed. U start with the best weapons, and gets harder with weaker weapon & u have to surf around to hunt ur kills.

About HLSTATS & TOPLIST, i thought of remaking the toplist completely since its bugged anyway, but the HLSTATS will remain the same, because the playerdata we have there, we kinda need sometime, so we cant just delete it all. Instead we cleaned up old stats, so those who havent played for over 30 days on surf, has gotten their stats deleted.

Enjoy!
Stoner

Re: New server mod!

Post by Stoner »

yeah you did a really good job, change a other server too gungame, you ruined a nice surf server!

negative points:

* all spawn killing for kills
* jail is back:S
* cant even surf normal anymore!
Marihuana wut else?
xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

I remember swining ban on that server , cheaters preferd home surf gungame , but as i love it and it was the most popular server nD had at my point of view !! Sure gonna try it out later gj guys
FaTaL^

Post by FaTaL^ »

It better run surf_ski2 or else im never playing surf on neondragon again

Bitch
MANIAC

Post by MANIAC »

owww man :-(
eDi =)

Post by eDi =) »

Aaand I'm gone.

Post by ZnK »

Give it a try, might take a while before you start to like the server.

Good job pukata. =)
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Very popular mod, good job Pukata.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

you never said that you would make a new mapcircle too... now there are only gay maps in which everyone is camping and the jails are just ridiculous... i cant find a minute of fun there. change it to surf ski 2 only with gungame and get rid of this shit maps.
Image Image
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

kami (GER] wrote:you never said that you would make a new mapcircle too... now there are only gay maps in which everyone is camping and the jails are just ridiculous... i cant find a minute of fun there. change it to surf ski 2 only with gungame and get rid of this shit maps.
I disagree, since there's many good maps, and some bad maps. If you played surf_ski2 only, you could see that MANY was camping and spawn and jail. That's how it works for all the maps, no fighting that, it is a GG afterall.

It really depends on who you are playing with, and how good they are. Also which team you're on and how much camp you do yourself. I find it fun to try surive with spawn campers, and to kill the ones in jail. Haven't seen a map where 1 team took over another spawn for many rounds, so not really a problem with spawn campers. But there will be people who dislike the new mod, and people who likes it. In my opinion this is a very good idea, and I really like the old maps, missed having several maps, and I have missed the gungame.

The map cycle maybe needs some changes, or the map needs some changes, but can't think that a server will be 100% finished, there's some small stuff that needs to be fixed, but nothing major to worry about. Also the server is popular again, for now, but I really think it will keep on being popular.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

it was popular with surfski2 only. if u would have added gungame there without other maps it would also be full the whole day, since there were 20 regular players daily and then the new ones who come for the gungame. these other maps suck ass. also the parachute. ~.~ wee, that wasnt mentioned in the message and i find this not okay.

dont expect me to play on this server anymore, but call me for rulebreakers.
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

The mapcycle has some flaws but so is the case on every server and thus there's nothing to whine about but try to be there more and deal with the server's flaws as a moderator is supposed to. Also report absolutely "must-remove" maps, of course the admins are going to look at it. Either surfski should be like mY.RuN's surf ski server or imo it will fail, adding gungame and such would be no go. This idea sounds interesting and it was already popular once, if people are willing to work on it like we did for the assault server I'm pretty sure its chances of success is high.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

whining? okay thats it.. you guys are becoming insane.
Image Image
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

YEEEEEESS!!!! THAAAAAAANK YOOOOUUUU!!!! :D:D
damn I LOVED the surf gungame here! That was the reason how I found to this community!
Made so much fun all the time! But I think now it's getting pretty hard to choose between jB, RR AND SGG! :P
so awesome anyways :) made my day!
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
If we both talk to eachother about cognitive reflection,
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

kami (GER] wrote:whining? okay thats it.. you guys are becoming insane.
I agree with this. Since people are using the word "whining" too much, just because someone is complaining about something doesn't mean they're whining. His complaint is acceptable based on the thread Minna made and what other have said to the new server. Although I do not agree with only surf_ski2, nor a gungame on/old non-gungame surf. I do agree that it's not whining, but a general complaint that everyone should be allowed to say, both member and non-member, I don't see it as a problem to disagree with the new server.

Return to “Surf-Gungame Trash”