A shop?

Pukata
neonDragon Admin

A shop?

Post by Pukata »

Hai everyone,

Some of you might remember the upgrades we had on the surf server, if not check http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14253

So i thought of making a shop for the surf server, but instead of upgrades that u keep all the time, i thought of items that will last 1 round only or similar, and since you have to buy it, u avoid people getting the cool stuff all the time. The items will be stuff like weapons & advantages or even some fancy skins u can buy.

Here is a list of items i had in mind:
Godmode 10/15 seconds
Lower gravity 1 round
Respawn
Extra HP
Extra Armor
Teleport to mario room
Health on kill
Auto healing
Grenade pack (all 3 grenade types, maybe add a freezing nade instead of flash, like on zm)
Knife 1
Knife 2 ?
Player Skin
These are ideas i just came up with, there are surely other good things, so if u got other cool stuff mention them in the topic.

Surf is kind of.. too average, i mean there are 20 other servers just like our surf server, so it isnt really unique?
So i thought a shop would be awesome to have, to give the server a little "fun" feature, which is the theme of neonDragon. We add some fun things to "spice" up the gameplay abit.

But last time we added similar things such as surf upgrade, it woke up alot of whining and complaning, and since im not a surf expert i thought id ask the surf regulars on what they think about this idea, or improvements/items not to add or other items to add, so i dont add something unpopular.

So will it completely kill the servers/scare everyone away or is it a thing u think will improve the server/make it more fun?
Usually the cash part of the shop is what makes the gameplay bit funnier, and we can even add gambling or bettings for u to get some more cash to shop for.
kami (GER]

Re: A shop?

Post by kami (GER] »

if we can add a shop, there should also be enough space / memory to add surf-achievements? :)
Image Image
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

I didn't like this idea, I'd rather have achievements then adding more "fancy-stuffs" the server is good as it is right now, so I don't think we need some kind of shop or anything related to it.
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

Achievements is not an option at this point, so stick to the shop part..
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Thinking on how the surf server is, there's several that are REALLY good both aiming and surfing, and there's those that utterly stink. So I think it's quite unfair for those who stink, if the ones who are really good, can improve their skills more. Also being on surf server I don't often see many regulars surfere, I mostly see new people I've never seen on nD servers.
So given they have 0 cash and not many skills, then going up against someone with skills and a lot or decent ammount of cash. Would make the gab between their levels too wide.
I like that Surf is just surfing, nothing more or less. Pure skills in both aiming and surfing, nothing fancy as a shop you can buy some extra stuff in.

At least not yet before we get some regular Surf players that plays some more than the "regular" surfere we have atm.
Maki

Post by Maki »

Then there might be the solution of using normal CS cash for the moment to use the shop ? That way everyone'll have access to it and the gap won't be bigger than it usually is. Also you'd have to be careful with what you buy per ex for mario room, because you'll still need money to buy guns, etc..

For me, I can see this as a good idea bringing something new to Surf, might make me play on it if it ever happens :p
Of course I don't see all items as a viable option, but I imagine those are simply examples anyway.
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

Well think of it like a way to buy urself an advantage, but not too big an advantage, and these arent things that people will be running around buying every single round, the items will ofc be expensive, and it might require 10-15 kills just to earn enough cash for the items. Prices/items can be adjusted so they dont give a huge advantage, but see it more as a way to add something extra to the gameplay such as cash. Cash is what made Jailbreak more fun as an example, but u dont see everyone buying stuff every round. Would be more fun than earning points u only can use for ranks.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Well if it uses normal cash and not JBcash I can see the only thing in need is skills for surf server, so I see it as a better thing now.
But I still think it should wait till we have some more regulars, because almost whenever I play on the server, there's someone (Or a few more) That kills everyone and some that fails A LOT so the ones who keep killing, will keep being able to buy stuff, whilst the ones who keep dying will only buy stuff very rarely, and i.e they buy immortality, due to their lack of skills, they'll loose it before they get to use it.

So my opinion is the same. That is should wait till more regulars are on.
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

If you add the golden ak with golden bullets and unlimited ammo Im in :D
Some more skins would be nice 2. Like on RR ( for vips).

Or just add Roll the dice ? which you can use often ;)
RaOoF^

Post by RaOoF^ »

I miss old Gungame Surf with multiple maps. However, I won't vote for the shop unless I try.
These users thanked the author RaOoF^ for the post:
ZnK

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Not for surf, meh. Consider other servers.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
MANIAC

Post by MANIAC »

Frozen nade or unlimited clip :roll:

Could be fine to unlock things that dont change the gameplay, maybe ony skins or trail, or whatever that don't mess with gameplay :)
eDi =)

Post by eDi =) »

3 He nades. Would be awesome.

Post by Dangan »

I think it may be the best not to add any more plugins.
If this is going to happen tough, 10 sec godmode thing is way too over powered.
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

What about knife shop?

Different Knife skins in a shop.
Example

Thierry Henry: /knifeshop

1. Pro knife
2. Katana
3. Lasersword (Sorry if this is mTc advertisment)
4. ...
5. ...
6. ...
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid

Return to “Surf-Gungame Trash”