Issue with Simon. 2ndary issue - locationary problem (check the 7th reply)

Moderator: J4ck

zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Re: Issue with Simon. 2ndary issue - locationary problem (check the 7th reply)

Post by zapt0r »

Leftover wrote:ZeRo did clear that up though, I guess. (The 2ndary issue).
But it stills leaves my exampled situation lookin odd.
Simply following a command that is not accompanied by "Simon says", when playing Simon says will get you killed. Regardless of what the previous command was. For example, before starting Simon you tell the Ts to stay at the wall. You then start Simon and command "last reaction jump". Despite the Ts staying at the wall - which was the valid command before Simon started, people who jump will die. Same applies to the "cage situation"
Regards,
zapt0r
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

zapt0r wrote:
Simply following a command that is not accompanied by "Simon says", when playing Simon says will get you killed. Regardless of what the previous command was. For example, before starting Simon you tell the Ts to stay at the wall. You then start Simon and command "last reaction jump". Despite the Ts staying at the wall - which was the valid command before Simon started, people who jump will die. Same applies to the "cage situation"
That situation is equally odd, just like in my example, T's would have to be told to freeze under a Simon command if they are not to jump after an invalid command. You can't kill someone for something that's unrestricted, like moving, jumping. You have to kill ONLY for disobeying a valid command. Invalid commands just don't function, you should get killed only for disobeying the latest valid simon command. Case and point, restricted moving AND location command would make a brilliant simon command, THAT's where such invalid commands should be given and punished for obeying, because both moving AND relocating are restricted.

I guess I'm just judging the rules at this point. I'm really not asking for advices, tutorials here, only opinions.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

The command is to stay inside the cage, they don't have to be in the middle, back or what ever. If they are given a trick simon says command to get in the middle/back of the cage then they should move if they're already standing there and CTs should give time for Ts to move before killing anyone who fails.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Leftover wrote:
zapt0r wrote:

I guess I'm just judging the rules at this point. I'm really not asking for advices, tutorials here, only opinions.
That's how the rule is as of now. A rule can always be debated and discussed wether or not to change it, however, I reckon this rule will stand as it is.
Regards,
zapt0r
regit
neonDragon Admin

Post by regit »

As explained already, if you follow a non-prefixed command during Simon Says, you lost the game. It doesn't have to break a previously issued Simon Says command. That is what our rules say. But that is also how this game is commonly played.

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Says wrote:Players are eliminated from the game by either following instructions that are not immediately preceded by the phrase, or by failing to follow an instruction which does include the phrase "Simon says".
These users thanked the author regit for the post:
Bob Vegana

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”