[S2] Vampires II: Brotherhood of Blood
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:27 am
Looks like Hater's game was a success! Since I didn't really get to play in it (thanks mage), I may as well host one. The design is interesting to me, and I think there's a lot to learn from how the first one played out. Over the next couple of days, I'll be trying to overhaul his game pretty heavily to try to expand play and balance some things. I'm aiming for the following overall changes:
- Revise the action economy so each player has meaningful choices to make in what abilities to use, not just who to use them on. (Drain will no longer be a default 'vamps should use this' ability)
- Lower and standardize the cost of most abilities in the game to encourage most abilities to be used more frequently. (In line with above)
- Make lynch and NK more meaningful to the game as a whole.
- Encourage wolves to slowly strangle the village rather than relying on wombo combos to power through particular targets. (Yes, I'm still salty about that; no, this emphasis is not due to salt [see previous games].)
- Limit the use of roleblocks and percentage health damage (mostly by wrapping those mechanics up into the lynch and nightkill).
- Focus abilities so they have a more defined scope, and more defined ways to counter, predict or play around them.
- Overhaul peeking mechanics so there is less risk in using them without coordination, but more defined bounds for what information you can get.
- All shields will last for one round, and absorb damage (but not Life costs) up to their value.
- Normal shields have no special characteristics.
- Holy shields will heal for 50% of the unused amount when they expire.
- Cursed shields will grant health equal to the amount the shield absorbs (not counted as healing), and deal damage equal to the remaining. Until a Cursed Shield is completely broken, it refreshes each round.