View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 1 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

#16 Post Re: rest in memes WW
SiX wrote:
NumBle wrote:
Folks I'm willing to donate 150K if anyone is willing to host. I'd host it myself but 2 things: I'm not cappable of hosting a game on my own or even with a co-host, I'll repeat myself, I'm not CAPPABLE of hosting a game on my own or even with a co-host; And for the sake of the good old people that used to play WW, I want to be by their side if this sounds as lame as it does.

I've personnally contacted Six, on this topic and It seems that he'll host the game. So folks, let us ride one last time, for the sake of nD's Werewolf shall we?

If HATER decides to host the game I'll transfer the money to him. But in case he doesn't, I'd like Styx to transfer the 120k to me.

Konijn wrote:
HATER wrote:
Konijn wrote:
How much money was it and where is the game thread stating the prize? I tried to search for the later but couldn't find anything.

No game thread was made, but iirc it was upwards of $120k

was he just donating it himself out of his own pocket or what?

Wow. People are actually interested in this. Not what I was expecting.

I'm interested in hosting. Not saying 100% atm, as I still have to talk with some people about it and make sure they will be active. I do NOT want to host a game that will be another inactive gigantic bore, so I want the word of everyone that's been spamming my pm about this that they will indeed be active.

That said, it's certainly something I'd be willing to do soon.

----------------------

As for dat CA$H MONAYYY -- we had approximately $140,000 nD dollars.

The money was planning to be spent on the game in 3 ways:

1. Flat cash prizes to the MVPs of both teams (judged by a neutral party) and the "best new player" award.
2. Small cash incentives for players depending on their role and alignments (For instance, villagers get a small cash reward for voting on wolves). This amount is capped to prevent abuse.
3. $1000 bonus cash to be given to each member of the winning team. The remainder would go towards financing the next game.

Here's the full breakdown of our financial plan, for anyone that's interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'd like to point out that with numble's contribution, we could effectively double all cash prizes listed above.

ImageImage

Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 am
Profile WWW

#17 Post Re: rest in memes WW
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:
NumBle wrote:
Folks I'm willing to donate 150K if anyone is willing to host. I'd host it myself but 2 things: I'm not cappable of hosting a game on my own or even with a co-host, I'll repeat myself, I'm not CAPPABLE of hosting a game on my own or even with a co-host; And for the sake of the good old people that used to play WW, I want to be by their side if this sounds as lame as it does.

I've personnally contacted Six, on this topic and It seems that he'll host the game. So folks, let us ride one last time, for the sake of nD's Werewolf shall we?

If HATER decides to host the game I'll transfer the money to him. But in case he doesn't, I'd like Styx to transfer the 120k to me.

Konijn wrote:
HATER wrote:
Konijn wrote:
How much money was it and where is the game thread stating the prize? I tried to search for the later but couldn't find anything.

No game thread was made, but iirc it was upwards of $120k

was he just donating it himself out of his own pocket or what?

Wow. People are actually interested in this. Not what I was expecting.

I'm interested in hosting. Not saying 100% atm, as I still have to talk with some people about it and make sure they will be active. I do NOT want to host a game that will be another inactive gigantic bore, so I want the word of everyone that's been spamming my pm about this that they will indeed be active.

That said, it's certainly something I'd be willing to do soon.

----------------------

As for dat CA$H MONAYYY -- we had approximately $140,000 nD dollars.

The money was planning to be spent on the game in 3 ways:

1. Flat cash prizes to the MVPs of both teams (judged by a neutral party) and the "best new player" award.
2. Small cash incentives for players depending on their role and alignments (For instance, villagers get a small cash reward for voting on wolves). This amount is capped to prevent abuse.
3. $1000 bonus cash to be given to each member of the winning team. The remainder would go towards financing the next game.

Here's the full breakdown of our financial plan, for anyone that's interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I'd like to point out that with numble's contribution, we could effectively double all cash prizes listed above.

Imo keep it simple give X money to the winners as well to those who were MVPS

nice members

Tue May 10, 2016 6:40 pm

#18 Post Re: rest in memes WW
Toon wrote:

Imo keep it simple give X money to the winners as well to those who were MVPS

Ordinarily, I'd agree -- but we highly want to incentivize (first) activity and (second) just generally good play.

We don't want this game to just be a "join and hope the rest of my team carries me" sort of game. Ergo, we created the small cash incentives to give players a reason to play smart and be active.

ImageImage

Wed May 11, 2016 5:22 pm
Profile WWW

#19 Post Re: rest in memes WW
you won't be able to motivate people with that amount

nice members

Fri May 13, 2016 5:23 pm
neonDragon Admin

#20 Post Re: rest in memes WW
Toon wrote:

Personally idgaf about nd$ rewards, I just want the nd ww community revived and to have regular games again :(

Fri May 13, 2016 5:36 pm

#21 Post Re: rest in memes WW
Konijn wrote:
Toon wrote:

Personally idgaf about nd$ rewards, I just want the nd ww community revived and to have regular games again :(

You and me both, buddy. You and me both.

ImageImage

Sat May 14, 2016 11:20 pm
Profile WWW

#22 Post Re: rest in memes WW
Konijn wrote:
Toon wrote:

neither do I, I'm just saying that if you're planning to use nd$ to get people to start playing you need to either come up with something else or increase the amount

nice members

Sun May 15, 2016 9:26 pm

#23 Post Re: rest in memes WW
So what's the stance at the moment?

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Mon May 16, 2016 2:29 am

#24 Post Re: rest in memes WW
I am going to host a game very similar to Werewolf in a couple of days. I've never played or hosted a Werewolf game before, but this game is much more simple then Werewolf, so I am gonna try. Click here to play in it! 24 hours after the sign-ups were opened 7 people have signed up for the game. Sign-ups are currently OPEN!

Fri May 27, 2016 6:14 pm

#25 Post Re: rest in memes WW
K0ntRa wrote:
I am going to host a game very similar to Werewolf in a couple of days. I've never played or hosted a Werewolf game before, but this game is much more simple then Werewolf, so I am gonna try. Click here to play in it! 24 hours after the sign-ups were opened 7 people have signed up for the game. Sign-ups are currently OPEN!

That's basically a Werewolf game. But you should get into contact with the WW mods (MMage, Rainboy or Hater) and have them check it through with you before you start.

viewtopic.php?f=179&t=15538

Sun May 29, 2016 2:19 pm
Friend of the Community

#26 Post Re: rest in memes WW
not sure how to react :lol: he's found a funny way to circumvent it by making the thread outside the section

gerty won't work there though, in case anybody cares about a bot cleaning up the voting (unless rain tells it to work there)

- Benjamin Franklin

Sun May 29, 2016 3:15 pm

#27 Post Re: rest in memes WW
I didn't want to do it in the WW section because Forum Games section is more active then it.
Also, I'm not familiar to GERTY and these commands for him.
I know it's extremely similar to WW, but if you would read it again, you would see that it has some different rules and such. And I'm not sure if I could host a game with these rules in the WW section.

Shadi wrote:
not sure how to react :lol: he's found a funny way to circumvent it by making the thread outside the section

gerty won't work there though, in case anybody cares about a bot cleaning up the voting (unless rain tells it to work there)

I did not want to circumvent the rules. I didn't know mods have to check before it starts. Oh well lets just leave it as it is, OK?
I don't want GERTY, Shadi. Lynches and actions are written with [ ] (BTW they don't have to be written in bold) in my game just so I can be sure that people want to perform these actions.

Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm

#28 Post Re: rest in memes WW
K0ntRa wrote:
I didn't want to do it in the WW section because Forum Games section is more active then it.
Also, I'm not familiar to GERTY and these commands for him.
I know it's extremely similar to WW, but if you would read it again, you would see that it has some different rules and such. And I'm not sure if I could host a game with these rules in the WW section.

Shadi wrote:

I did not want to circumvent the rules. I didn't know mods have to check before it starts. Oh well lets just leave it as it is, OK?
I don't want GERTY, Shadi. Lynches and actions are written with [ ] (BTW they don't have to be written in bold) in my game just so I can be sure that people want to perform these actions.

I haven't read your rules, but if you host an [Assassin] game (which is a subgenre of Werewolf) you are basically allowed to go with whatever rule you want as long as the game is balanced. For that very reason we have the Werewolf Mods checking through it in advance, to prevent you from having hidden mechanics that are unbalanced and so on.

The good thing about Gerty is that he keeps track of everything and is also fairly easy to use. viewtopic.php?f=179&t=17161

Code:
R1: Lynch Tally:
JTc - 4 - Konijn, NumBle, Ish, Mystic
Konijn - 2 - JTc, StickySteez
No Vote - 5 - cml, Emziek, AmeLien~, Lawliet, .Cell.
Incapacitated - 1 - Flath

Expected LHLV Lynch: JTc
Total: 12 living players.

Mon May 30, 2016 7:47 pm

#29 Post Re: rest in memes WW
Hello

I never had the money in hand.

Contact me on steam if still needed

Bai

Mon May 30, 2016 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2