Rules

Image | IP: [url=steam://connect/dm.neonDragon.net:27017]dm.neonDragon.net:27017[/url] | Deathmatch Stats
Pukata
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Rules

Post by Pukata »

- General nD rules, found in the spoiler below.
Spoiler!
  1. No harassing, insulting or flaming.
  2. No racism.
  3. No offensive or pornographic sprays.
  4. No spamming in chat or mic.
  5. No bug abusing.
  6. No advertising.
  7. Do not pretend to be an admin/moderator.
  8. No cheating/hacks (such as aimbot).
In most cases players will receive a certain amount of warning(s) depending on the magnitude of the rule break, before a punishment is given. Please listen to the members of staff (admins/moderators) when they try to explain something to you.
Image
User avatar
Kwaakt
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Rules

Post by Kwaakt »

Ive got already several questions about teamkilling with a car on purpose. My idea is: When you teamkill someone by accident its ok. That can happen. Killing a teammate on purpose destroyes the gameplay for the team. So that is obviously not allowed.
Pukata
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Rules

Post by Pukata »

kwaakt wrote:Ive got already several questions about teamkilling with a car on purpose. My idea is: When you teamkill someone by accident its ok. That can happen. Killing a teammate on purpose destroyes the gameplay for the team. So that is obviously not allowed.
I could try add back the teamkill-punish that we used to have on the roadrage server, so after x amount of teamkills, normal players can kick the teamkiller.
Image
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: Rules

Post by Lien~ »

Pukata wrote:
kwaakt wrote:Ive got already several questions about teamkilling with a car on purpose. My idea is: When you teamkill someone by accident its ok. That can happen. Killing a teammate on purpose destroyes the gameplay for the team. So that is obviously not allowed.
I could try add back the teamkill-punish that we used to have on the roadrage server, so after x amount of teamkills, normal players can kick the teamkiller.
I don't think you should do that. Fun DM should be chilled for now. If we add harsh plugins at the start it will eventually backfire with unwanted results. Also, don't forget that it's a non steam server. People will have troubles when it comes to the punish-menu. It will get abused and it will result in a server with whiners and people that rage once they get punished. (If they get punished by a member, you can atleast assume that an explanation to the punish follows). Maybe they will even leave and not come back. I suggest, keep this open for the moderators to take care off. At least for now, see how that works out and may it be that the plugin is needed then there is always a later stage in which you can do so.
Gotouda Aki
Posts: 3476
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:00 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Rules

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Lien~ wrote:I don't think you should do that. Fun DM should be chilled for now. If we add harsh plugins at the start it will eventually backfire with unwanted results. Also, don't forget that it's a non steam server. People will have troubles when it comes to the punish-menu. It will get abused and it will result in a server with whiners and people that rage once they get punished. (If they get punished by a member, you can atleast assume that an explanation to the punish follows). Maybe they will even leave and not come back. I suggest, keep this open for the moderators to take care off. At least for now, see how that works out and may it be that the plugin is needed then there is always a later stage in which you can do so.
I agree with Lien here.

Also, as I've seen it, the only ones I've seen doing TK on purpose are regulars, we could just tell them over Steam to stop.

I don't think DM is meant for fancy rule-preventing plug-ins nor rules in general other than the normal ones of cause (like no swearing and so on).

Just UP the moderation and try to avoid creating new rules :D
GuuhaN
Posts: 1993
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:57 pm
Location: Here
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Rules

Post by GuuhaN »

Pukata wrote:- Just basic nD rules.
Your topics are getting worse x'D
kallekanin wrote:
Lien~ wrote:I don't think you should do that. Fun DM should be chilled for now. If we add harsh plugins at the start it will eventually backfire with unwanted results. Also, don't forget that it's a non steam server. People will have troubles when it comes to the punish-menu. It will get abused and it will result in a server with whiners and people that rage once they get punished. (If they get punished by a member, you can atleast assume that an explanation to the punish follows). Maybe they will even leave and not come back. I suggest, keep this open for the moderators to take care off. At least for now, see how that works out and may it be that the plugin is needed then there is always a later stage in which you can do so.
I agree with Lien here.

Also, as I've seen it, the only ones I've seen doing TK on purpose are regulars, we could just tell them over Steam to stop.

I don't think DM is meant for fancy rule-preventing plug-ins nor rules in general other than the normal ones of cause (like no swearing and so on).

Just UP the moderation and try to avoid creating new rules :D
They pretty much said everything.
Spoiler!
Image
Image
User avatar
Kwaakt
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: Rules

Post by Kwaakt »

true. I didnt asked for a rule about it. Joist pointed in the direction that it should be moderated when noticed :)
These users thanked the author Kwaakt for the post:
xReii^
User avatar
xReii^
Posts: 1943
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Rules

Post by xReii^ »

Yup add the plugin , pretty easy to teamkill in certain maps. Not having this plugin gives us (Fun members) alot of work seeing we have to warn , slay etc. wich on a deathmatch is kind of impossible without loosing points or having to eventually reconnect and go spec just to hand out a warning. If we eventually start getting crashes just remove it, addin a rule won't save us from alot of hardwork , i see it as blocking on the zombie server years ago before we even had the ghost thing going on.
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Rules

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

Are there any VIP rules on the deathmatch ( I know how to use common sense, but is there a topic about it ?)
User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Rules

Post by RaOoF^ »

SilasHacktivated wrote:Are there any VIP rules on the deathmatch ( I know how to use common sense, but is there a topic about it ?)
Will be added very soon.
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Rules

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

RaOoF^ wrote:
SilasHacktivated wrote:Are there any VIP rules on the deathmatch ( I know how to use common sense, but is there a topic about it ?)
Will be added very soon.
Okay, I hope you'll leave some cool features available tho ;)
User avatar
RaOoF^
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Rules

Post by RaOoF^ »

Pukata added a restriction to the items you cannot use in the Deathmatch server. So everything you see available in your VIP menu in the Deathmatch server is ofc available to use without any rules being added.
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Rules

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

RaOoF^ wrote:Pukata added a restriction to the items you cannot use in the Deathmatch server. So everything you see available in your VIP menu in the Deathmatch server is ofc available to use without any rules being added.
Roger that.
User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Rules

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

RaOoF^ wrote:
So everything you see available in your VIP menu in the Deathmatch server is ofc available to use without any rules being added.
Just to be clear.
So It IS allowed to get full kit on de_westwood(handgun only map) ?
Pukata
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 295 times

Re: Rules

Post by Pukata »

SilasHacktivated wrote:
RaOoF^ wrote:
So everything you see available in your VIP menu in the Deathmatch server is ofc available to use without any rules being added.
Just to be clear.
So It IS allowed to get full kit on de_westwood(handgun only map) ?
Disabled full kit, so shouldnt be possible now.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Deathmatch”