View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 1 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Point System : Killing Streak
So i generally want to discuss about bringing the Killing Streak on the DM point system back. As a "high ranked" player you gain 1 maybe 2 points for a Rifle kill on a "lower ranked" player. But in exchange when he kills the "high ranked" player ,the player loses up to 8 points depending on the real rank of the killer. That makes it demotivating to play DM as a "high ranked" player when you lose more and more points even with 2:1 or 3:1 kill score. The killing streak would bring the balance back and the chance to gain points with a nice streak and not only avoid losing many points with a streak. I know it got removed due to the exploit that happend but i really think we should bring it back. Without extra cash for streaks though, that its not that tempting to exploit it again.

Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Point System : Killing Streak
Joel Miller wrote:
So i generally want to discuss about bringing the Killing Streak on the DM point system back. As a "high ranked" player you gain 1 maybe 2 points for a Rifle kill on a "lower ranked" player. But in exchange when he kills the "high ranked" player ,the player loses up to 8 points depending on the real rank of the killer. That makes it demotivating to play DM as a "high ranked" player when you lose more and more points even with 2:1 or 3:1 kill score. The killing streak would bring the balance back and the chance to gain points with a nice streak and not only avoid losing many points with a streak. I know it got removed due to the exploit that happend but i really think we should bring it back. Without extra cash for streaks though, that its not that tempting to exploit it again.

The killing streak is bugged, and wont be back on server until an admin fixes it. Basically its a tool to farm a ton of cash using just a few people.

Sat May 13, 2017 1:50 pm
nD** Jail Member

#3 Post Re: Point System : Killing Streak
Pukata wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:

The killing streak is bugged, and wont be back on server until an admin fixes it. Basically its a tool to farm a ton of cash using just a few people.

As he suggested, remove the cash bonus and keep the point system?

Sat May 13, 2017 8:51 pm
neonDragon Admin

#4 Post Re: Point System : Killing Streak
zapt0r wrote:
Pukata wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:

As he suggested, remove the cash bonus and keep the point system?

Same problem. The bug was discovered after a guy earned to manage 50k points in a night, which turned out to be from the streak system. His motivation was cash farming, but was caught after becomming rank #1 in a night.

Sat May 13, 2017 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]