WW XXVIII: Custom Wolf 3.14 - GG WP

MMage

WW XXVIII: Custom Wolf 3.14 - GG WP

Post by MMage »

Hello everyone and welcome to Custom Wolf: The "Third And A Little Bit More" Sequel (also known as Custom Wolf: 3.14). If you've participated or spectated either the original Custom Wolf or its Redux Sequel, this is the same old thing. If you haven't, I highly encourage reading the opening post of the original (and the roles in it so you get a sense of what a custom rolelist looks like). Further, have some synopsis mostly copypasted from the Redux thread:

Custom Wolf is the one WW game where the players get to make the rolelist that we play with. Everybody must make one role, which will be passed by me for balancing. Balance is decided by the average power levels of submitted/accepted roles (if everybody makes vanillager roles, Dreaming Gods won't be accepted) and roles' complexity (if your role adds an hour of round-ending calculations or requires a Shakespearean epic to explain it, it won't be accepted). You cannot start the game with your own role, and roles are randomized every round (and you can't get the same role twice in a row, unless role shenanigans happen). If a player dies with a role, that role is locked with the dead player and is taken out of the role rotation. So, example: if you made a Soothsayer role, you could start as a Vig, then be a Seer for the second round, and your Soothsayer for the third. Additionally, I will be handing out role modifiers to evil/neutral players based on the makeup of the roles in the game. If everybody makes a Seer role, then odds are 75% of the Wolves will be Peek Immune. All of the roles will be posted in the spoiler (below the Rules) as I get them (since balancing), making this game an Open game. Your Nightly PM for each round will contain what role number you are (i.e. which role in the spoiler'd list you are) and any information for that role that you need/is mandated by that role (like if it has any charges left on its ability).

Here's an example role for you guys (copypasted from the original thread)
Spoiler!
Tacomancer: Every time a player, besides you, says Taco in the thread during the round you have this role, your voting power goes up by one. If you say Taco, your bonus voting power goes down by one instead.

These are the Standard Rules for the game. If somebody makes a role that alters one of these rules, I will try to change it accordingly asap (i.e. someone makes a Ghost role that can speak while dead, or makes a role that swaps roles with target player on death).
---
Game Type: Open
Common Round Type: Speedplay (Rounds consist of one Hybrid day/night phase, so submit your night actions as you vote)
Action Timestamp: No Surprises (Anything 1 minute after the time-limit will not count i.e. if the round ends at 7pm, 7:00 counts but 7:01 doesn't)
Voting Type: Timed Lynch (Lynch occurs at a set time every round).
Ghost Etiquette: RP Play Style (Feel free to post non-game-related content; if you don't know if something's game related, run it by me first)
Talking to Ghosts: Unsafe (Dead players don't stay dead, so don't tell anybody your secrets)
Game Start: Host Save (R0 target is perfectly fine, but is named as being attacked)
R0 Peeks: Random Negative (Dunno how this will go for wolves, so I'll probably be revisiting this rule)
Nightkills: Enacted by one chosen player on evil team(s), can be roleblocked and tracked.
Death Flips: On (Your current role and Alignment are revealed on death)
Modkill: Gotta make ~3 game-related posts per round or you get that warning (and then a modkill if you already got one). Also get the modkill if you quote the Host (or other non-host-quoting ways of cheating/trolling, use common sense people).
Preferred method of Role submission: Discord or NeonDragon PM. You can use Steam to bug me, but I might mess your role up if I don't have the permanence of the Discord Log / ND PM to back it up.
Encryption/Cyphers: No Secret Encryption/Cyphers. I blame you Hater
---

So, to hammer this home: bullet-points.
  1. You make your own roles.
  2. I make sure they're balanced (and tell you to remake it if it isn't)
    1. No roles can be too OP or UP (underpowered) from the rest of the roles.
    2. Roles can't require extensive time or explanation to work.
    3. I'm debating what to do about roles that are JUST a one-off power. Maybe I'll add a rule saying one-off only roles lock the role to you when you use em.
    4. Roles must be, at least, moderately understandable by the average player (which is a shitty wishy-washy description for a rule, but it's the best I got?)
  3. Roles are randomized between players at the start of each round
    1. You can't start the game with your own role.
    2. You can't get the same role twice in a row.
    3. Dying causes the role you had to be removed from the game too.
  4. I'll throw in some modifiers based on the role makeup to balance it a bit.
  5. All roles will be put into the spoiler for roles below, making them all public.
  6. All roles must be created BEFORE alignments are handed out.
  7. Certain roles may change/break one of the rules here or below (see Drunk and Information Expert from the Redux thread).
  8. These games are a clusterfuck. I try my best to balance and keep everything smooth, but it's easy to miss stuff. Don't expect perfection out of me.
-Roles-
Spoiler!
  1. Hater - Gitaxian Probe: Gitaxian Probe is a copy of the current role of the player who had Gitaxian Probe last round. When the player with Gitaxian Probe dies, Probe trades places with a random living role during the Role Assignment phase. Probe copies the role as it currently is. Thus, Probe can use one-offs if the role hasn't yet, and temporarily copies semi-permanent data (like the current chamber for the Outlaw). The probe doesn't copy any random targets the role has (i.e. the Probe and Dark Wizard aren't guaranteed to have the same soulbound target). Probe death switches will publicly state the role that's been removed from the rolelist (it's an Open game, people should know what the rolelist currently is).
  2. Wertydoo - Dark Wizard: The Dark Wizard is immune to kills and lynch, besides those related to his role. At the start of each round, a random living player is "soulbound" to the Dark Wizard of that round. Soulbound players gain +1 bonus voting power and the Dark Wizard dies unconditionally if his soulbound player dies and because I'm a goof, the DW is told who their soulbound target is. Two Dark Wizards cannot have each other as their soulbound target (i.e. no infinite invincibility loops).
  3. JTc - Succubus: Anybody who visits the Succubus becomes poisoned, dying during the next round.
  4. Mendel - High Noon: Anytime during the round, you may publicly challenge any player by posting this in the thread [Challenge (x)]; doing so makes only votes on yourself, your target, or No Lynch count for the round's lynch. If this role is used twice on the same day (through cloning etc), two separate lynches occur on that day. Each lynch should probably be split/titled by the two players that are valid voting targets. If two challenges are used, the first one overtakes the previous lynch tally, while the second generates a completely new (blank) one.
  5. Cruxell - Oracle: Every round, you may target a player to remove all positive effects from them, apply a copy of those effects to yourself for this round, and make all negative effects targeting them "True". The following round, the target player cannot be killed. Self-targeting the purge will prevent copying of removed effects (since they'd effectively not be removed). "True" effects cannot be stopped or altered by any means.
  6. Blaze - Councilor: Your vote counts as two. If you're a villager and wolves reach parity, a random villager will be immediately revived. If you're the last wolf alive, a random player will be immediately Converted into a Wolf. Using either of these abilities "villagerizes" this role and locks it to you. Vanillagerizing meaning to turn the role to a basic vanilla role. Further, the village power circumvents the Wolves' parity, causing the game to potentially go another round.
  7. Emziek - Outlaw: Each round, you may challenge a player to a game of Russian Roulette and "reset" (spin the cylinder of) the gun beforehand if you so choose. The target pulls the trigger first, and the Outlaw does so afterwards. If the target dies to the shot, the Outlaw resets the gun instead of taking his shot. The Outlaw is automatically told how many times the trigger has been pulled since its last reset, and the gun is reset after every successful shot. The gun's bullets are in chambers 1 and 2, while 3-6 are empty and do nothing.
  8. Mystic - The Counter: Each round, you may target two players (primary and secondary); if an action has been performed on the primary player, apply the reverse of that action to them and the secondary player. If no reverse effect is applicable, simply cancel out the original action. See the below spoiler for clarifications.
Other general Info:
Both Dark Wizard and Oracle have "unconditional" style effects, but they can't all be unconditional (since they can overlap). So, here's a priority in case they do:
Dark Wizard Self-Kill > Oracle Purge > Dark Wizard Invuln > Oracle Protect
Counter-Specific Spoiler:
Spoiler!
General Things: Lynch cannot be countered (or else that'd be the easiest protection ever), and NKs result in protection. Choosing yourself for both primary and secondary targets leaves you roleblocked instead. The following list shows how each role (by player-submitted name and #) reacts to the Counter:
  1. Hater - On a general note, see whatever role Probe is at the time. For the probe role-swap, it simply cancels it (and any other role-swapping shenanigans, but there aren't any).
  2. Wertydoo - Wizard's bonuses aren't really actions, so they can't be countered (they're passive effects, they happen technically in-between rounds, etc).
  3. JTc - Countering Succubus leads to protections that also heal poison.
  4. Mendel - High Noon is Lynch-based, and thus cannot be countered.
  5. Cruxell - Countering the Oracle's effect will cause its order to be reversed (protected this round, purged the next - or purged period if on the 2nd round of the effect).
  6. Blaze - If you countered the Councilor's revive by, for some reason, targeting a dead player, then that would lead to actions that immediately and fully removed players from the game. Countering the conversion would convert players to villagers instead.
  7. Emziek - If someone pulling the trigger would have been killed, then the counter leads to protections. Otherwise, the counter does nothing, as the trigger pull would do nothing.
  8. Mystic - Well, reversing a reverse means to just do an original action... so, countering a Counter will have the 2nd counter's effects apply whatever the 1st Counter blocked. If Counters would form a loop, they're all roleblocked. This also means countering a counter that didn't do anything also does nothing.
Modifiers:
One role each round is publicly designated a Quantum Seer, receiving a random peek result if alive (villagers get a random player's alignment, wolves get the roles that two other players have). This includes R0, but villagers will only get innocent results (and wolves only get 1 role).
Wolves share one toughness and one wolf at random gets a brutal modifier.
Three hidden modifiers will be given to random villagers (and they can't stack): one full toughness, one Lynch-only toughness, and one kill-only toughness (i.e. can be Lynched).

Order of Actions: (Challenge) – Roleblocks/Purge – Lynch – Protections – Everything Else – Kills – Role Assignment

I've used 12 players as a base goal for signups before, but I could run with less or more depending on how many people want to stir some chaos. Wolves will be about 25% of the game, and I'm not above throwing some neutrals in there if necessary. And I'll keep signups open for... I dunno, awhile. I just finished my last class of Summer Quarter, so I got time.
[signups open]
  1. Hater
  2. Wertydoo -
  3. JTc
  4. Mendel
  5. Cruxell
  6. Blaze
  7. Emziek
  8. Mystic
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
HATER

Re: WW XXVIII: Custom Wolf 3.14

Post by HATER »

customwolf? Count me [in]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

COMMUNIST TACOMANCER HERE I COOOOMMMEEE <3 [IN]
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
JTc

Post by JTc »

[in]
<.<
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

in

is this a possible role?
Cult recruit: you are now a member of the Cult of the Neon Dragon, and will remain so until the game ends. You may choose who the role goes to next round. If you do not, or if that player is already slated for another role, the next recruit is randomized. The cultists win if they are the only faction, or nothing can prevent that from happening. Your cult mates are: (none so far)
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

[in]
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

IN
MMage

Post by MMage »

Mendel wrote:in

is this a possible role?
Cult recruit: you are now a member of the Cult of the Neon Dragon, and will remain so until the game ends. You may choose who the role goes to next round. If you do not, or if that player is already slated for another role, the next recruit is randomized. The cultists win if they are the only faction, or nothing can prevent that from happening. Your cult mates are: (none so far)
Roles shouldn't have alternate wincons; as wincons are associated to players rather than roles (and custom wincons makes balancing a nightmare). So, no cult role.
I did say I wasn't above adding some neutrals, and maybe some cult might be a p nice idea to put in my hat for later tho.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

In
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

in
HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Dual Diary: while the diary is in your possession, if you are town, you see the writings of every other villager who used it before; if you are mafia or neutral, you see the writing of every mafia or neutral who used it before. If you use it (if you submit writing), you hide away in your writer's retreat and cannot be targetted.
submitted something else
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Dark Wizard: Binds their life to another player rendering themselves invulnerable. If the bound player dies, the DW dies unconditionally. Binds are chosen randomly and made apparent to the bound player as well as granting a +1 to their voting power. The DW will receive the role of the player they are bound with.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

Emziek - Waifu: Each round, you may hide behind a target player. All actions that would target you instead target them. Waifu only redirects targets, not everything that happens to you (i.e. hiding behind Succubus still gets you poisoned, and you can't hide from the poison kill). Also, Waifu only prevents Night actions, not Day (i.e. High Noon challenge).

Outlaw(Russian Roulette): The Outlaw challenges its target to a game of Russian Roulette, The Outlaw always go first and will decide whether to spin the cylinder before pulling the trigger or simply pull the trigger. The target always pulls the trigger regardless of the fate of the Outlaw. The Roulette is always carried out and can only be stopped by protection. If no action/target is picked the target is randomized and the outlaw shots without spinning. Upon recieving the role, The Outlaw learns if and when the cylinder has been spun in the past. If the Outlaw is still alive after 2 Roulette deaths, they retain the role permanently and learns all previous outlaws and their targets. The Outlaws revolver has 6 chambers and 2 bullets. (Chamber 1, 2 are always loaded. Chamber 3-6 are empty. Starting Chamber is randomized upon game start and then randomized whenever the cylinder is spun.)
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

Noticed this in hindsight when running the odds

Code: Select all

Player 1 alive (66.6..% chance) > Player 2 alive (75% chance) 
Player 1 death (33.3..% chance) > Player 2 death (50% chance) == (16.6..% chance of double death)
The Outlaw in the way I setup the role always has a higher chance of killing himself than his target upon R1/spinning the cylinder. So if this role is to be considered there needs to be something to offset this.
Some possible change(s):
1. Toughness
2. Change of which chambers within the cylinder is loaded from 1 & 2 to 1 & 4 = No more possibiltiy of double death, which sucks for the Outlaw if they shot themselves but offset with better odds in favor of the role.
3. Change of Order within the Roulette
A.

Spin Cylinder(if desired) > Target pulls > Target death > Roulette ends
 Spin Cylinder(if desired) > Target pulls > Target alive > Outlaw pulls
B.

Spin Cylinder(if desired) > Target pulls > Target death > Outlaw pulls
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

[Insert Name Here]: Has a gun in the game. Can shot one person each round.. 25% chance to kill the person. 25% chance to b caught by the cops, then his role is open to public. 25% chance to get an enemy, then 1 person gets to know his role. 25% chance to hospitize a person.

Return to “Finished Games”