[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

User avatar
Mystic
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm
Location: <script>alert("hey")</script>
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Mystic »

Regarding players:
I was surprised by how little people valued the power of information this game. Pretty much every Realm sold out their major and disparity at the drop of a hat, and Werty was extremely free with the information advantage that Barren Frosts had. Barren Frosts was designed to need that advantage to navigate the mid to late game at all, and I was not surprised when they were the first Realm to drop out. The late game Realms, especially Retribution, suffered the same fate - if the zombie apocalypse had not been a known threat, I feel that they would have had more time to set up while everyone was worried about the other nonsense going on.
Exactly what I thought during the game, I had hoped people would omit stuff from their disparities or just completely change them to throw people off just like TD did, but some people just completely and fully revealed their (arguably) strongest power.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Image
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 6 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by Mendel »

Numble wrote:And yes I do believe it was just how the game was designed to be.
No, what I meant, was your behaviour towards me designed to unsettle me as part of a larger game strategy? It might be better to discuss this privately, ideally when I'm not tired (so maybe Monday lol)
Lawliet wrote: Still , kept my word and never targeted a TD, who's your guy that we lynched tho? if it's blaze, nobody knew what his alignment was and he was getting lynched with or without our votes. I believe we might've been able to win with or without the alliance we had with you if Arsenic didn't go afk during the crucial round. It's w/e tho, I had fun, fuck MMage btw.
well wayward went afk as well so it balances out, TD had >50% of the influence and should've controlled the lynch absolutely

and yes, you lynched Blaze, I had a dumb because I thought I needed to peek him after he claimed to me R2, but he couldn't likely be BF because I bet nobody would have peeked him anyway. But at the point, after my ill-considered public callout, I think I could have claimed him for TD and he would still have gotten lynched.
Still, lynching Katika would have a) killed the SS major right there, except b) it wouldn't since Kati was knight, but c) the nightkill would've, and d) it would have killed werty as well (who was infiltrating DF that night) (and maybe SS too? or later) and that would have left BF and SS substantially weakened (especially as werty was their best player) and given Retribution a much better chance.

THis was the round where you gave the win away for the first time.
Rainboy wrote:Mendel played an absolutely stunning game from my perspective.
Spoiler!
He pulled off a R1 reveal without really getting punished for it at all, and that threw him into a huge information advantage which he just continued to snowball as the game progressed and he leveraged his information to get more information. In some ways, I was surprised the game allowed him to get away with what they did, but for the most part he just used what he had to great effect.

That said, I was hoping that the TD crew would come up with a spicier fake major. I'd been expecting nonsense like "name another Realm and instantly ally with them" or something that made them immune to Realm powers. They certainly executed very well on what they did end up using, but it was pretty boring from a host perspective.



Regarding Realms and ballance:
Retribution should have had more zombie/poison interactions, that's for sure. DF popped their minor a lot earlier than I had anticipated, and it kinda flopped. Poison is a kill that the target sees coming, so it needed to be used late enough in the game that there were either too many targets to protect with Physicians, or the Physicians were all dead. I don't think that Retribution was particularly underpowered, but they did lack a little of that late game oomph that I had hoped to endow them with.

TD ended up a LOT tankier than I had anticipated. I just never sat down to crunch numbers and figure out just how stupidly tanky their Knight was. That's on me, and that ended up making it a very good call for Mendel to go public (which is something I usually try to stack the deck against). Mendel and Sweedy going public accelerated a lot of the game which took a lot of power both from BF, who is interested in manipulating early game information for an advantage, and the late game Realms, who require a few rounds of setup before they really get going. That one play threw a wrench into a lot of my designs, and will certainly not happen if I host this kind of setup again (which, BTW, Hater and I are planning to do in a few months).
Thanks for the compliments! Having fun is part of my reasoning when I go for a risky strategy -- it might backfire, but if I (and ideally everyone) had fun doing so, I feel I have played the game well.

Punishing someone is usually a bad rationale, playing for your wincon is better. When someone might have gained an advantage, my thoughts should be "does that make them a threat" and "how can I emulate that". Emulating me backfired for Sweedy because SS was seen as the bigger threat (and werty helped me).

I was concerned that the major should be believable; I was afraid if we went overboard, some players would suspect it was fake. As it was, there were some comments about it seeming overpowered, but I think on the whole nobody suspected it, and it didn't elevate our threat level to a height that we couldn't have survived (same reasoning why Emziek wanted to lower the BFrost threat level).

With a DF/Ret alliance, the poison Minor would have been a natural synergy, and the Ret major would have set such an alliance up beautifully for a common win. But Ret always perceived DF as their major threat; I have no idea what caused that, but it cost you.

There are three "tanky" realms that have both physician and knight: Scorching Sands had their physician lynched R1, and Retribution had Ultor headshot, bypassing this protection, and proceeded to tank two night kills beautifully. They were ultimately vulnerable to lynch, and any tanky realm would have been more vulnerable if TD had targetted it exclusively: we had problems dealing with our poison as Wayward was our physician and the poison blocked his healing power, so I had to actually tank that with Fortitude. More poison would have really hurt us.

SS and TD both won with a player down R1/R2, so you can win this setup from a position like that (if you have someone like Katika masterminding your team, for example -- I need to spend hours on it and she does it in her spare time, it seems), which made my play a lot less suicidal for the team (even if I had been lynched for it) than it seemed.

I think a lot of the perceived properties of the setup are just the way the game developed, and a little random instead of being an inherent property of the setup. (->swingyness)
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by HATER »

Awards
The “Glad We Aren’t Russian Spies” Award: Half the game for their (mis)handling of private information and intrigue.
The “Fool Me Twice” Award: Mendel, for somehow not getting lynched, roleblocked, nightkilled, or otherwise memed for his shenanigans R1.
The “Werty-don’t” Award: Werty, for taking BFs stealth and information advantages and completely throwing it to the wind.
The “Cupid” Award: Freddy, for using his Doom as soon as possible with as little information as possible, and thus, hitting one of his own teammates.
The “Fun Nazi” Award: Hater for deciding that cult wincons were something to kill on round freaking six, causing quite a stir.
The “420 Blaze It” Award: Blaze, for throwing so hard that the hosts considered modkilling him before he wrought more hell upon the game.
The “Hostage Negotiator” Award: Werty, for waking Numble up at like 4 am to tell him that Barren Frosts was threatening his DF teammates (by keeping Numble unknown to his teammates), which would have worked beautifully if Werty hadn’t opened the conversation with “I’ve been talking with your teammates who are Unwavering and AnoddGuy”...
The “Lawliet - Don’t” Award: Lawliet, for giving away all of his private information for basically free to Mendel and TD in R0. (Ultor pulled a census Round 1 and managed to link up all of Ret. by Round 2)
The "Winstreak" Award: WaywardVole, for now having a 6-0 record on Neondragon.
The "Creative Liberties" Award: MMage (you know what you did)
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by HATER »

Image


TARS's final ?threadmarkov for this game.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Cruxell
VIP
Posts: 1771
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Cruxell »

GG. Is DF second or do we share the gold?
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Mendel »

HATER wrote:The “Fool Me Twice” Award: Mendel, for somehow not getting lynched, roleblocked, nightkilled, or otherwise memed for his shenanigans R1.
I got almost lynched and nightkilled R1, and brutalized R3.
I survived, but they tried. (reloadable knight = hard to kill)
(I also survived poison, but that was aimed at WaywardVole.)
The “Hostage Negotiator” Award: Werty, for waking Numble up at like 4 am to tell him that Barren Frosts was threatening his DF teammates (by keeping Numble unknown to his teammates), which would have worked beautifully if Werty hadn’t opened the conversation with “I’ve been talking with your teammates who are Unwavering and AnoddGuy”...
I gave that to Numble mid-round 3.
Yes, for free. (hoping to ally)
The “Lawliet - Don’t” Award: Lawliet, for giving away all of his private information for basically free to Mendel and TD in R0. (Ultor pulled a census Round 1 and managed to link up all of Ret. by Round 2)
Lawliet and Arsenic were no wizards, and we agreed to exchange peeks, which we did. They also wooed us with their cult disparity, which we thought so unlikely that we checked back with MMage and after talking to him, decided it was fake. So not only did they give away their true disparity, we didn't even believe it. And thus the talk with MMage ruined the Ret-TD alliance, either due to MMage running a very paranoid strategy, or (and this is more likely) shitty team communications in Retribution. If the alliance had lasted, it would've been very good strategy to cinch it early, and worth the self-revelations.
The "Creative Liberties" Award: MMage (you know what you did)
Make up half the facts for these awards?

my Award nominations

wertydoo deserves an award for singlehandedly infiltrating two realms at the same time. His game goals were a) kill Ultor, and b) fuck over DF, and he achieved both by a) turning DF headshot on Ultor, and b) selling DF out to everyone else.

Desolate Falls deserves an award for deciding that threatening Werty with death was good diplomacy. Worst decision you made this game.

Katika VS deserves an award for her round 2 opener that came across as "lynch me, you get two for the price of one" and then never once coming close to getting lynched all game (ever though I tried every day :mrgreen: ). Also alternately claiming ScorchingSands and not ScorchingSands for the fun of it. Also, she survived getting doomed *twice*. And won. This is what a goddess looks like.

Retribution deserves an award for team cohesiveness: Lawliet: sure you can talk to MMage about anything we discussed -- MMage: blissfully unaware what the deal with us actually was

Emziek deserves an award for the "killig a Bfrost makes BFrost stronger" strategy. I still can't decide if it was brilliant, caused your immediate demise, or both.

Arsenic, Hater, mendel, Emziek, werty deserve an award for an uncoordinated triple kill that wiped BarrenFrosts off the map without so much as a disparity. werty and Blaze agreed to Hater modkilling Maki without a substitute, I nightkilled werty (only BF left whom we hadn't roleblocked), and Arsenic brutalized Emziek. (Arsenic, did you know we were going to NK Werty?)

unknown player(s) deserve an award for convincing DF/Ret to go after each other (and me?) instead of the early game realms. (Lawliet during R5: "What happened to lynching an SS" -- dude, way too late, TD is obvsly allying with SS now)

Rainboy deserves an award for considering changing the rules permanently as not changing the rules (also best co-host)

Hater deserves and award for telling me my Armored would be reloaded, then not reloading it, then getting talked into reloading it, and me not needing it in the end (also both of you for calling the endgame with much less rigor than in Defibrilation)

mendel deserves an award for breaking the game before it had even started (and presumably after it had started as well?), and for convincing himself (myself) that Wertydoo and Katika were BFrost setting up the double doom as a big bluff (most awesome thing in this game that never happened) also most spicy Day0 opener, but MMage already mentioned that one

Mystic deserves an award for coming up with the idea of creating a fake protection that would actually protect, giving us an extra power that only existed in your minds, because it stopped you lynching me/us just as effectively as if the protection had been real (Barricade was the second most awesome thing in this game that never happened)

every player and host deserves an award for making this the most intense and rewarding mafia I have ever played
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Mendel »

Blaze

Ok, so Hater suggested on Discord to take Blaze off the winner list, as he was slated to be modkilled when he got lynched. I disagree.

Blaze's five posts in round 2
Spoiler!
Blaze wrote:Game related post 1:

Im not connected to anyone mendel asked but I dont want the information to get handed out to one realm only so im heading it out openly
in response to my PMed poll
Blaze wrote:Game related post 2:

I believe numble is not alligned with me
R0 peek
Blaze wrote:how do u know which realm i am in mendel when i dont even know myself
response to my public callout and Ultor's vote
Blaze wrote:Gamerelated pot 4. Im telling u all right now, i really dont know my realm yet. And thats the truth.

Everything everyone says i accusations only. Wqnt to take the risk to kill one of your own? Feel free to do it
ditto
Blaze wrote:

Code: Select all

Mendel - 2 - Katika VS, AnOddGuy
Blaze - 5 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Blaze
Katika VS - 1 - Mendel
Waywardvole - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 11 - ARSENIC, Blaze, Cruxell, Lawliet, Maki, Mystic, Numble, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole, Wertydoo, Freddy
ok [vote Blaze]
ok this one is slightly game-throw-ish, but it has a vote and thus is definitely game-related. wagon was pretty much unstoppable IMO and thus isn't actually gamethrowing
Blaze sent in a Retribution target (Numble was not randed). He kept to the rules of not talking to anyone about the game, and kept Twisted Depth's secret information secret. Him getting lynched was as much my fault (for publicly calling him out) as it was his (for not having faith in me and claiming to me R0/R1 -- and it was already difficult for WaywardVole to trust me, whom I didn't have a prior history with).

public Discord log #general-and-memes
Spoiler!
[23:17] Blaze: I won @HATER . Remember that I won with mendel @HATER
[23:17] Blaze: Thank you for winning @mendel

[23:18] mendel: yw :thumbsup:

[23:18] HATER: Actually, considering you were about to be modkilled I'm not sure why you're on the list
[23:18] HATER: I'll have to poke @Rainboy to fix that
[23:19] HATER: If TD's Disparity had proc'd you would have been replaced with someone else
[23:19] HATER: so I doubt you should be listed
[23:19] HATER: Meh, maybe Rain had a reason for keeping you in, but I'm fairly sure it was just a mistake.

[23:20] mendel: Blaze had five posts in R2 tho?

[23:21] Blaze: yes r1 and r2 therefor not modkilled @mendel @HATER
[23:21] Blaze: I also sent in actions @HATER
[23:22] Blaze: You cant modkill me cuz [email protected] Its like putting a dude in jail cause of hatespeech when free speech is part of america
[23:22] Blaze: Its ironic

[23:22] mendel: that numble strike was a shocker :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
[23:25] mendel: i dont know if you thought i was running a con, or if you just didnt want to join up (or a bit of both), but doubt is not ag ainst wincon, and if not joining up is against it, Numble needs to be modkilled as well. I was always afraid you might be pissed enough to reveal realm secrets, but you never did, and hence I think you deserve to win with us. @Blaze

[23:30] Blaze: I even tried to play the game with you which is a coreaspect @mendel , just that i died exactly the round i tried

[23:41] mendel:
`I even tried to play the game with you which is a coreaspect <@203559683041001473> , just that i died exactly the round i tried
can confirm @HATER this is true

[23:53] HATER:

Code: Select all

HATER - 06/20/2018
also @Twisted Depths member since Blaze would have been modkilled the round of his lynch, we can attempt to find a replacement for him to to be revived with his role in the event your disparity triggers, if you'd like.
WaywardVole - 06/20/2018
@HATER - yes please
mendel - 06/20/2018
@HATER that is an excellent idea
[23:55] HATER: Blaze was warned specifically that his 'count to 5 without saying anything' technique would not cut it in the future, used codes, generally trolled throughout the game, and would definitely have been modkilled if he wasn't lynched. I'm leaving the final decision up to Rainboy to decide whether he should be counted on the winlist, but my vote is for no.

[01:37] mendel: tbh at that point i had other things on my mind, and having someone wield the assassin role who is easier to cooperate with seemed like a good idea

[02:04] Blaze: Backstabber @mendel knew i couldnt trust you
[02:05] Blaze: Same team and still screwing me over
[02:06] Blaze: Cant blame @WaywardVole cause he dont know who i am and only mendel had contact with me that round. Its cool betwen us bro cant be mad at you
[02:10] Blaze: @HATER I would keep on fighting to just troll around but i dont acctually deserv a win so take it away from me, thanks for hosting, sorry i was busy irl + cringing over our convos and didnt pla
[02:11] Blaze: "Easier to cooporate" @mendel want me to screen and send our convo and then lets ask the people here which one of us wasnt trying to co-op? Fuck you

[10:07] mendel: @Blaze Wayward knew who you were. We all did, because ofc I told everyone of your claim as soon as it happened. And ofc you had already flipped.
In my paranoidal mind, I had it set that I could trust claims up to R1, but in R2 a TD claim could technically come from a BF player who had been peeked by our missing mate, so procedure would be to hear the claim and then realm peek the claimant the next night, which would connect them if they were actually TD. I explained this to you, but there is no log of it because we went to voice. You expected to be welcomed to the team immediately, but nobody would have.
I tried getting people to go off your lynch; people weren't going after werty because "he might be on our team", but that argument didn't change anyone's mind in your case ( except for a single player).
After you got lynched, we tried coordinating the Brutal kill with you, but you never replied to us.
You had left the nD again by then (which you were off of during R0 and R1).
So yes, someone else would have been easier to cooperate with. Your lack of trust/trolling/whatever cost our team our most powerful role, and we were not very happy about that.
Hater popped that question when we were busy talking about strategy for the upcoming fake major, if i recall that correctly, and we didn't give the question on whether your modkill was justified much thought; we knew we'd have to count on the Shaman if our disparity ever triggered, and cooperation would by essential in that critical situation.
. But when you complained yesterday, I looked up your ISO and didn't thinkthe modkill was justified; you did keep our secrets, which was the one thing that would have really thrown us to the wolves, and I am serious when I was saying that I have now realized that I should have avoided the public callout in the first place, which probably wasn't as firm in my mind when Hater popped that question.
[10:08] mendel: So yeah, screenshot all you want. I think one of your first questions after you claimed was if you could talk to someone else.
[10:16] mendel: Image
[10:16] mendel: Image
Context for Hater's quote in the above chat. We really didn't give this a second thought at the time (which was 12 hours into D3).
Twisted Depths private Discord channel
Spoiler!
[12:01] Mystic: @mendel if we use our major this round, coupled with my doom
[12:01] Mystic: would your tough refill
[12:02] Mystic: would my doom go off and then refill?
[13:49] mendel: i need to use my protection
[13:49] mendel: no i dont
[13:49] mendel: vole can protect me this round
[13:50] mendel: only @HOSTS can answer if the refill occurs before these on-shots are used, or afterwards
[13:51] mendel: the role pm says nothing about where in the order of actions it activates
[13:52] mendel: if we can submit it as a day action, that would be easiest
[13:52] mendel: the role pm does t say what it is, monopolize is a day action as well and there is no explicit indication
[13:53] Mystic: hmm alright
[13:53] Mystic: thought you might know since youve got all mechanics figured out :p
[13:53] Mystic: now ill go bug rain
[13:53] Mystic: @Rainboy
[13:53] mendel: who do you want to doom?
[13:53] Mystic: a ret player
[13:53] Mystic: and hope they and I survive
[13:54] Mystic: then if it reload
[13:54] Mystic: I can go for another ret player
[13:54] mendel: and if you say players alignments are known, what do you know that i dont?
[13:54] Mystic: and they would have to protect me
[13:54] Mystic: well we know atleast 2-3 players of each realm
[13:54] mendel: nah
[13:54] mendel: role swap
[13:54] Mystic: lawliet, arsenic, mmage is ret
[13:54] Mystic: numble crux is df
[13:54] mendel: have vole doom the other
[13:54] mendel: protects both
[13:54] Mystic: I guess
[13:54] Mystic: and they would conclude me and wayward are on different realms
[13:55] Mystic: because they dont know about our reload ability
[13:55] Mystic: they know we could have swapped, but do not know that we have a recharge
[13:56] mendel: i would not do it in the first place without having talked it over withh them
[13:56] mendel: well the one time doom
[13:56] mendel: i suggested linking up to werty
[13:57] mendel: bunch of dooms on him, could be six people linked in life or death
[13:57] mendel: epic(bearbeitet)
[14:07] Mystic: yeah
[14:08] Mystic: but i was thinking if we link 2 rets to me that makes them protect me
[14:08] Mystic: because 1 player of a realm can be sacrificed to get rid of me for example
[14:08] Mystic: but 2 ppl they would not
[14:15] mendel: yeah but link you and vole
[14:16] mendel: oh UnwaveringGrey is DF according to wertydoo @everyone
[14:33] mendel: blocking numble would have done nothing, df are block immune
[14:47] HATER: also @Twisted Depths member since Blaze would have been modkilled the round of his lynch, we can attempt to find a replacement for him to to be revived with his role in the event your disparity triggers, if you'd like.
[14:47] mendel: hater, i thought you were online when TARS came to life :yum:
[14:48] HATER: Yup, that's my compooper waking up :stuck_out_tongue:
[14:48] WaywardVole: @HATER - yes please
[14:48] mendel: @HATER that is an excellent idea
[14:48] HATER: I figured you guys wouldn't be too dismayed about that
[14:49] mendel: that role still has the kill
[14:49] mendel: so it would be nice if the person wielding that was actually a team player
[15:18] Mystic: haha yea

[15:18] Mystic: @HATER would a doom trigger before our major?
[15:19] Mystic: so would our doom recharge the same round it was used if we use our major together with it
[15:47] mendel: @HOSTS can we trigger our true major special during the day phase?
[16:14] HATER: Since your major happens during manipulation phase
[16:15] mendel: it does?
[16:15] mendel: it refills kills such as curse and protections
[16:17] mendel: so we do invoke it on the round where our one-shots run out
[16:35] mendel: shower thought: i dont think we can ally with ret, even if their disparity is what they say it is, because when they zombify us and we reach our dispiratiy, we all come back to life, only to all die when one of us dies
[16:36] mendel: also, nightkill suggestions? the necromancer would be ace, but katika might be worth a shot as well combined with role block? @Twisted Depths member
[16:46] mendel: if SS use Monopolize, we no longer have the nightkill, probably?
[17:36] Mystic: true
[17:36] Mystic: but
[17:37] Mystic: I think indeed werty is a good target for NK
[17:37] Mystic: Best to just get rid of those 2 doomed players
I maintain that Blaze wasn't the best team player one could wish for, but I also believe he fulfilled the minimum requirements and didn't throw the game. He deserves to win with Twisted Depths.

Also, Hater, stop playing Blaze pls
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Cruxell
VIP
Posts: 1771
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Cruxell »

Mendel wrote:Blaze

Ok, so Hater suggested on Discord to take Blaze off the winner list, as he was slated to be modkilled when he got lynched. I disagree.

Blaze's five posts in round 2
Spoiler!
Blaze wrote:Game related post 1:

Im not connected to anyone mendel asked but I dont want the information to get handed out to one realm only so im heading it out openly
in response to my PMed poll
Blaze wrote:Game related post 2:

I believe numble is not alligned with me
R0 peek
Blaze wrote:how do u know which realm i am in mendel when i dont even know myself
response to my public callout and Ultor's vote
Blaze wrote:Gamerelated pot 4. Im telling u all right now, i really dont know my realm yet. And thats the truth.

Everything everyone says i accusations only. Wqnt to take the risk to kill one of your own? Feel free to do it
ditto
Blaze wrote:

Code: Select all

Mendel - 2 - Katika VS, AnOddGuy
Blaze - 5 - Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Freddy, Blaze
Katika VS - 1 - Mendel
Waywardvole - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 11 - ARSENIC, Blaze, Cruxell, Lawliet, Maki, Mystic, Numble, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole, Wertydoo, Freddy
ok [vote Blaze]
ok this one is slightly game-throw-ish, but it has a vote and thus is definitely game-related. wagon was pretty much unstoppable IMO and thus isn't actually gamethrowing
Blaze sent in a Retribution target (Numble was not randed). He kept to the rules of not talking to anyone about the game, and kept Twisted Depth's secret information secret. Him getting lynched was as much my fault (for publicly calling him out) as it was his (for not having faith in me and claiming to me R0/R1 -- and it was already difficult for WaywardVole to trust me, whom I didn't have a prior history with).

public Discord log #general-and-memes
Spoiler!
[23:17] Blaze: I won @HATER . Remember that I won with mendel @HATER
[23:17] Blaze: Thank you for winning @mendel

[23:18] mendel: yw :thumbsup:

[23:18] HATER: Actually, considering you were about to be modkilled I'm not sure why you're on the list
[23:18] HATER: I'll have to poke @Rainboy to fix that
[23:19] HATER: If TD's Disparity had proc'd you would have been replaced with someone else
[23:19] HATER: so I doubt you should be listed
[23:19] HATER: Meh, maybe Rain had a reason for keeping you in, but I'm fairly sure it was just a mistake.

[23:20] mendel: Blaze had five posts in R2 tho?

[23:21] Blaze: yes r1 and r2 therefor not modkilled @mendel @HATER
[23:21] Blaze: I also sent in actions @HATER
[23:22] Blaze: You cant modkill me cuz [email protected] Its like putting a dude in jail cause of hatespeech when free speech is part of america
[23:22] Blaze: Its ironic

[23:22] mendel: that numble strike was a shocker :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
[23:25] mendel: i dont know if you thought i was running a con, or if you just didnt want to join up (or a bit of both), but doubt is not ag ainst wincon, and if not joining up is against it, Numble needs to be modkilled as well. I was always afraid you might be pissed enough to reveal realm secrets, but you never did, and hence I think you deserve to win with us. @Blaze

[23:30] Blaze: I even tried to play the game with you which is a coreaspect @mendel , just that i died exactly the round i tried

[23:41] mendel:
`I even tried to play the game with you which is a coreaspect <@203559683041001473> , just that i died exactly the round i tried
can confirm @HATER this is true

[23:53] HATER:

Code: Select all

HATER - 06/20/2018
also @Twisted Depths member since Blaze would have been modkilled the round of his lynch, we can attempt to find a replacement for him to to be revived with his role in the event your disparity triggers, if you'd like.
WaywardVole - 06/20/2018
@HATER - yes please
mendel - 06/20/2018
@HATER that is an excellent idea
[23:55] HATER: Blaze was warned specifically that his 'count to 5 without saying anything' technique would not cut it in the future, used codes, generally trolled throughout the game, and would definitely have been modkilled if he wasn't lynched. I'm leaving the final decision up to Rainboy to decide whether he should be counted on the winlist, but my vote is for no.

[01:37] mendel: tbh at that point i had other things on my mind, and having someone wield the assassin role who is easier to cooperate with seemed like a good idea

[02:04] Blaze: Backstabber @mendel knew i couldnt trust you
[02:05] Blaze: Same team and still screwing me over
[02:06] Blaze: Cant blame @WaywardVole cause he dont know who i am and only mendel had contact with me that round. Its cool betwen us bro cant be mad at you
[02:10] Blaze: @HATER I would keep on fighting to just troll around but i dont acctually deserv a win so take it away from me, thanks for hosting, sorry i was busy irl + cringing over our convos and didnt pla
[02:11] Blaze: "Easier to cooporate" @mendel want me to screen and send our convo and then lets ask the people here which one of us wasnt trying to co-op? Fuck you

[10:07] mendel: @Blaze Wayward knew who you were. We all did, because ofc I told everyone of your claim as soon as it happened. And ofc you had already flipped.
In my paranoidal mind, I had it set that I could trust claims up to R1, but in R2 a TD claim could technically come from a BF player who had been peeked by our missing mate, so procedure would be to hear the claim and then realm peek the claimant the next night, which would connect them if they were actually TD. I explained this to you, but there is no log of it because we went to voice. You expected to be welcomed to the team immediately, but nobody would have.
I tried getting people to go off your lynch; people weren't going after werty because "he might be on our team", but that argument didn't change anyone's mind in your case ( except for a single player).
After you got lynched, we tried coordinating the Brutal kill with you, but you never replied to us.
You had left the nD again by then (which you were off of during R0 and R1).
So yes, someone else would have been easier to cooperate with. Your lack of trust/trolling/whatever cost our team our most powerful role, and we were not very happy about that.
Hater popped that question when we were busy talking about strategy for the upcoming fake major, if i recall that correctly, and we didn't give the question on whether your modkill was justified much thought; we knew we'd have to count on the Shaman if our disparity ever triggered, and cooperation would by essential in that critical situation.
. But when you complained yesterday, I looked up your ISO and didn't thinkthe modkill was justified; you did keep our secrets, which was the one thing that would have really thrown us to the wolves, and I am serious when I was saying that I have now realized that I should have avoided the public callout in the first place, which probably wasn't as firm in my mind when Hater popped that question.
[10:08] mendel: So yeah, screenshot all you want. I think one of your first questions after you claimed was if you could talk to someone else.
[10:16] mendel: Image
[10:16] mendel: Image
Context for Hater's quote in the above chat. We really didn't give this a second thought at the time (which was 12 hours into D3).
Twisted Depths private Discord channel
Spoiler!
[12:01] Mystic: @mendel if we use our major this round, coupled with my doom
[12:01] Mystic: would your tough refill
[12:02] Mystic: would my doom go off and then refill?
[13:49] mendel: i need to use my protection
[13:49] mendel: no i dont
[13:49] mendel: vole can protect me this round
[13:50] mendel: only @HOSTS can answer if the refill occurs before these on-shots are used, or afterwards
[13:51] mendel: the role pm says nothing about where in the order of actions it activates
[13:52] mendel: if we can submit it as a day action, that would be easiest
[13:52] mendel: the role pm does t say what it is, monopolize is a day action as well and there is no explicit indication
[13:53] Mystic: hmm alright
[13:53] Mystic: thought you might know since youve got all mechanics figured out :p
[13:53] Mystic: now ill go bug rain
[13:53] Mystic: @Rainboy
[13:53] mendel: who do you want to doom?
[13:53] Mystic: a ret player
[13:53] Mystic: and hope they and I survive
[13:54] Mystic: then if it reload
[13:54] Mystic: I can go for another ret player
[13:54] mendel: and if you say players alignments are known, what do you know that i dont?
[13:54] Mystic: and they would have to protect me
[13:54] Mystic: well we know atleast 2-3 players of each realm
[13:54] mendel: nah
[13:54] mendel: role swap
[13:54] Mystic: lawliet, arsenic, mmage is ret
[13:54] Mystic: numble crux is df
[13:54] mendel: have vole doom the other
[13:54] mendel: protects both
[13:54] Mystic: I guess
[13:54] Mystic: and they would conclude me and wayward are on different realms
[13:55] Mystic: because they dont know about our reload ability
[13:55] Mystic: they know we could have swapped, but do not know that we have a recharge
[13:56] mendel: i would not do it in the first place without having talked it over withh them
[13:56] mendel: well the one time doom
[13:56] mendel: i suggested linking up to werty
[13:57] mendel: bunch of dooms on him, could be six people linked in life or death
[13:57] mendel: epic(bearbeitet)
[14:07] Mystic: yeah
[14:08] Mystic: but i was thinking if we link 2 rets to me that makes them protect me
[14:08] Mystic: because 1 player of a realm can be sacrificed to get rid of me for example
[14:08] Mystic: but 2 ppl they would not
[14:15] mendel: yeah but link you and vole
[14:16] mendel: oh UnwaveringGrey is DF according to wertydoo @everyone
[14:33] mendel: blocking numble would have done nothing, df are block immune
[14:47] HATER: also @Twisted Depths member since Blaze would have been modkilled the round of his lynch, we can attempt to find a replacement for him to to be revived with his role in the event your disparity triggers, if you'd like.
[14:47] mendel: hater, i thought you were online when TARS came to life :yum:
[14:48] HATER: Yup, that's my compooper waking up :stuck_out_tongue:
[14:48] WaywardVole: @HATER - yes please
[14:48] mendel: @HATER that is an excellent idea
[14:48] HATER: I figured you guys wouldn't be too dismayed about that
[14:49] mendel: that role still has the kill
[14:49] mendel: so it would be nice if the person wielding that was actually a team player
[15:18] Mystic: haha yea

[15:18] Mystic: @HATER would a doom trigger before our major?
[15:19] Mystic: so would our doom recharge the same round it was used if we use our major together with it
[15:47] mendel: @HOSTS can we trigger our true major special during the day phase?
[16:14] HATER: Since your major happens during manipulation phase
[16:15] mendel: it does?
[16:15] mendel: it refills kills such as curse and protections
[16:17] mendel: so we do invoke it on the round where our one-shots run out
[16:35] mendel: shower thought: i dont think we can ally with ret, even if their disparity is what they say it is, because when they zombify us and we reach our dispiratiy, we all come back to life, only to all die when one of us dies
[16:36] mendel: also, nightkill suggestions? the necromancer would be ace, but katika might be worth a shot as well combined with role block? @Twisted Depths member
[16:46] mendel: if SS use Monopolize, we no longer have the nightkill, probably?
[17:36] Mystic: true
[17:36] Mystic: but
[17:37] Mystic: I think indeed werty is a good target for NK
[17:37] Mystic: Best to just get rid of those 2 doomed players
I maintain that Blaze wasn't the best team player one could wish for, but I also believe he fulfilled the minimum requirements and didn't throw the game. He deserves to win with Twisted Depths.

Also, Hater, stop playing Blaze pls
Did Blaze even contact you after you pubclaimed?
User avatar
Freddy
VIP
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:18 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Freddy »

HATER wrote:Awards
The “Glad We Aren’t Russian Spies” Award: Half the game for their (mis)handling of private information and intrigue.
The “Fool Me Twice” Award: Mendel, for somehow not getting lynched, roleblocked, nightkilled, or otherwise memed for his shenanigans R1.
The “Werty-don’t” Award: Werty, for taking BFs stealth and information advantages and completely throwing it to the wind.
The “Cupid” Award: Freddy, for using his Doom as soon as possible with as little information as possible, and thus, hitting one of his own teammates.
The “Fun Nazi” Award: Hater for deciding that cult wincons were something to kill on round freaking six, causing quite a stir.
The “420 Blaze It” Award: Blaze, for throwing so hard that the hosts considered modkilling him before he wrought more hell upon the game.
The “Hostage Negotiator” Award: Werty, for waking Numble up at like 4 am to tell him that Barren Frosts was threatening his DF teammates (by keeping Numble unknown to his teammates), which would have worked beautifully if Werty hadn’t opened the conversation with “I’ve been talking with your teammates who are Unwavering and AnoddGuy”...
The “Lawliet - Don’t” Award: Lawliet, for giving away all of his private information for basically free to Mendel and TD in R0. (Ultor pulled a census Round 1 and managed to link up all of Ret. by Round 2)
The "Winstreak" Award: WaywardVole, for now having a 6-0 record on Neondragon.
The "Creative Liberties" Award: MMage (you know what you did)

ayy i got an award ty ty
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Post by Mendel »

Cruxell wrote:Did Blaze even contact you after you pubclaimed?
Yes, that's what the screenshots are from. Second half of Day 2, after I had called him out publicly.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Post Reply

Return to “Finished Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests