WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Mendel

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 6 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by Mendel »

Spoiler!
MMage wrote:
Mendel wrote:
MMage wrote:All of the rest of the nightkills can be stopped by a mixture of Numble and any living player, so we wouldn't have to worry about zombies dying to that. As for Lynch...
You mean, hostile nightkills? how? or friendly nightkills that could just be holstered? Or is there a rule against that?
Like voting "no lynch" insetad of actually lynching people?
A: there is no "no lynch" in this game, which is why TD major would be useful (but we could just lynch excess Reti players).
B: Come on, stop playing dumb just for public's sake. You know how the NK could be mitigated.

Also, big strategy changes are bad to bring up 20 minutes before deadline when I get on 90 minutes after... you really need to give this more time for discussion.
C: You've been against the cult thing from the start, and you've been trying to steer Kat away from it too (lying about your Disparity ruining it somehow? With Rain's zombie ruling, conversions alone would never trigger disparities (since they count for parity for their original realm)). And if Kat/my posts from earlier set you on this course, I doubt a little extra info would change it. but it does prevent me from being modkilled
It's end game, man. Clean-up crew detail. Drop the pretexts, you're wasting energy on them.
I am too tired to push the endgame tonight, sorry, but i think we are at the point where that can happen
it would help if you confirm being the necromancer

so, I misremember there being a clause on the self-vote rule that voting "no lynch" was allowed
but I assure you, your strategy would result in death because you do not have full information
(we could mitigate a nightkill if everyone cooperates, maybe)

I haven't been lying. I have been wrong about the rules, but never intentionally.
And I haven't been wrong about not everyone alive being able to win, and that is as true now as it was in the R6 day phase.
Rainboy confirmed it to me.

I still have some essential secret information about Twisted Depths that you know nothing about.
When I wake up, I'm hopefully going to be able to put the endgame down, and then all will be revealed (I hope).
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Game Over!

MMage nightkilled
MMage was a citizen of Retribution
Mystic cursed
Mystic was a citizen of Twisted Depths
Katika VS cursed
Katika VS survived

Retribution has been eliminated (Lawliet would have revived after the round was over, but the Disparity was deactivated with MMage's death, so he has no chance of winning)

That leaves us with Numble VS a bunch of people who want to win together... so I hereby declare that Scorching Sands and Twisted Depths are victorious! Good job, everyone. Awards to come.

Winners: Katika VS, Cap_H, Blaze (despite his best efforts), Mystic, Mendel, WaywardVole
The Shame Corner (eg, modkills): SweedyGonzales, Patrick, Maki, Freddy and ARSENIC

FYI, for those who want the juicy details on the above post, I'm going to take the liberty of spoiling it for Mendel:

Major Special – Misdirection [Manipulation]: Once during the game, restore all limited use powers to Twisted Depths citizens. This Special's public activation post is delayed by one round and may be rewritten as having a different name and effect. The host will answer questions as if the rewritten text is true.
Disparity – Shared Destiny [Realm Powers]: Revive all Twisted Depths members, reactivating their Specials. If any Twisted Depths member dies, all others are unconditionally killed.
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
MMage

Post by MMage »

Liquid Rage wrote:Major Special – Misdirection [Manipulation]: Once during the game, restore all limited use powers to Twisted Depths citizens. This Special's public activation post is delayed by one round and may be rewritten as having a different name and effect. The host will answer questions as if the rewritten text is true.
You called me to defend my title on a bastard game.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The awards are being worked on now. Give it a few hours.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Mendel

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 0 ends 01:00 GMT Saturday]

Post by Mendel »

Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Sorry we couldn't do the cult win, Mage :c
I had the alliance with Mendel/Depths before your disparity popped up, so I wanted to make sure that they were able to win with me c:

Thank the gods, it's over

Didn't we learn the first time that I can't be killed so easily?

I win :D
MMage

Post by MMage »

MMage wrote:The awards are being worked on now. Give it a few hours.
Nevermind, both of the hosts passed out. TOMORROW THEN
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

Cool,
I changed my vote btw.
It was fun. I expected to die right after revealing my role to Ultor.
Mendel

Re: R4 top realm problem

Post by Mendel »

Image About me and Twisted Depths

Two drafts I never posted
Spoiler!
UnwaveringGrey wrote:Wait, if we did that wouldn't the last person to be killed just end up losing? Since they only resurrect the following round the game would end before they got a chance to resurrect.
If that's the case I volunteer to be the sacrifice there. It's cool if everyone else can win.
You can't be the sacrifice.
TwistedD disparity: The players who died by lynch come back to life.
So we get Blaze back. Blaze is an assassin, he's immune to poison so can't join the plan, he has a kill (because Shaman, special TD role) and Retaliate (because assassin), and carries a grudge.

To prevent his using Retaliate, he has to die last, so that the game ends right there.
He has to die by lynch the moment he comes back, so that he can't use the kill.
But the player who brings Blaze back (by being the TD disparity player) can only be poisoned on the round the next-to-last TD player dies, so our last player dies the earliest in the round where Blaze gets lynched, and that makes them lose together.
I refined this into the "round n+1" argument which didn't reveal anything
Spoiler!
Liquid Rage wrote:Round 4 Day begun.

Influence Breakdown:

Realm 1 - 42
Realm 2 - 24
Realm 3 - 23
Realm 4 - 17
Realm 5 - 17

The following realms have their Major Specials available:

Retribution:

Major Special - Zombification : Poison a target player each round. Any player who dies from Poison while this Special is active is instead reanimated as a Zombie immediately following their death.
So yeah, for one thing, "immediately following" apparently means "after a waiting period of over a whole round".

But that's not why I am quoting this.
  • TD had 17 in R4 and had 43 in R5, which means a jump of 26, two of which came from our own gifts. So we received 24 Influence from the werty kill, and Maki had 5 Inf on the R4 vote, plus there's emziek, so BFrost had well over 30 Influence, so they must've been the top realm with 42 influence, right? (Unless you want to assume that they had 24, -Maki = 19, werty was an assassin and brutal'ed Emziek so we received the full 19, plus 2 influence shared among BFrost, plus 3 Inf gifts lavished on them or TD from outside sources. And werty privately claimed merchant, I believe?)
  • Well, a little bird told me that Numble had 28 or 29 Influence on R4. He wasn't on the lynch (unless he's a merchant using smoke & mirrors? and anyway, there'd have been only arsenic's influence on that), there was no other nightkill, so Desperate Falls must have been the top realm with 42 influence, right?
  • Oh, and SS tell me they haven't used Monopolize yet.
So we either assume that
a) werty was an assassin (and he lied to everyone about being afraid to die of the curse), and Arsenic was not (or that Arsenic forgot to submit a target for retaliate), or we assume that
b) Emziek was extremely low on Influence and werty and TD got an extraordinary amount of outside gifts, or we assume that
c) SS used Monopolize that round (and nobody noticed?), or that
d) the little bird lied to me (but Numble's 15 kinda confirms)

Which assumption should I go with? Is there anything I overlooked?
Does anyone have any data to share, publicly or privately, that would shed light on this?

If a) is true, then that's ultra spicy, because it means the BF curse hit two players who were actually protected from it. And the curse did exist, because killing werty triggered it on Katika.
not posted because I didn't want to reveal I had contact with the merchant who stole from Numble (cap_H)

Barricade credits
June 19/20, Liquid Rage announced Barricade, a skill whose name and wording was entirely penned by me. Mystic had the initial awesome idea to use the fake Major to protect us by making you believe we'd be alternately protected from lynch and from night kill, and we (the three of us) brainstormed it into the version that Hater announced and that you all believed.

Disparities
We had this information on June 21st
Spoiler!
Mendel wrote:Disparities
this is unconfirmed info, gathered mostly from werty, and Ret from Lawliet. Paraphrased by me, safe to quote.

Barren Frosts
The player loses all abilities and reflects all actions (including lynch) on themselves to the originating player(s). 1 round cooldown.

Scorching Sands
The next faction that achieves their disparity joins your realm, creating a new hybrid realm with both realm's minor specials active.

Desolate Falls
if the last DF is in parity with two or less opponents, DF wins the draw

Retribution
All present and future Zombies join your realm, and count for parity and Specials.
June 23rd, I create a fake disparity for Twisted Depths
Spoiler!

Code: Select all

[02:01] Emziek: mendel
[02:01] Emziek: Let me know your disparity and I'll let go off everything I know
[02:01] Emziek: Including the census
[02:02] mendel: first question in my mind is , why should i trust you?
[02:02] mendel: secod  question is, how would you check i am not making this up?
[02:02] Emziek: I guess we both just have to throw logic away and put faith into another mans word for once
[02:03] mendel: our disparity brings every player who was lynched back to life
[02:03] mendel: which unfortunately means we get blaze back
[02:03] Emziek: That sounds too good to be true
[02:03] mendel: it is true
[02:04] mendel: but there is no way to check unless pyu kill us all
[02:05] mendel: so where is your faith?
[02:05] Emziek: I lied
[02:05] mendel: maybe  i lied as well
Our Secrets
Spoiler!

Code: Select all

[22:30] mendel: @Mystic  @WaywardVole Our Secrets
[22:32] mendel: 1. The disparity. The one we talk about is "lynched TD revive", we get Blaze back, you can hint that maybe I was telling the truth when I told it to Emziek maybe I wasnt, WIFOM it up a bit, but we do not add any other details
[22:32] mendel: 2. Our true Major.The one we talk about is Barricade.
[22:34] mendel: 3. Mystic cursed MMage. This one we're going to need to reveal eventually, we say "Hater gave it to us, we're not allowed to to talk about why" and imply it is because Hater fucked up some rule explanation that we cant talk about. I have been seeding that extensively, there may be questions but I expect it might stand.
[22:35] mendel: 4. our roles. Officially we're switching them around each night to present moving targets.
This is what Scorching Sands did not know about us, going into the alliance.

HUGE Shoutouts

Wertydoo, I owe you another game. 2/2 still 100%
Image ImageImage
Mystic and WaywardVole, awesome team, supporting all of my wild and risky plays, and sitting tight on our secrets

Katika VS and Cap_H, our mutual trust was not disappointed
ImageImage ImageImage
Hater and Rainboy, you created a pretty balanced setup with 40 different skills (20 roles and 20 factional skills), mad props
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

gg wp,
Quick feedback:
1- SS kit is broken :rage:
2- Way too many heals and protections.
3- Because of (2) Late game realms couldn't really get their late game power spike despite being connected earlier than what you guys expected. There was few miss-plays here and there but the point remains.
4- The idea of different realms having different tools to excel at different phases through out the game was great.

Other than that, was an enjoyable game. Thanks for hosting this game, Hater and Rainboy.
Numble

Post by Numble »

All around me are familiar faces. Worn out places, worn out faces.

Also Katika thanks for the backstab.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Roster Run

my thoughts on everyone
pls correct me if I got anything wrong

Barren Frosts

Romeo (assassin) - no DMs, you were killed by a random nightkill from a SS member who forgot to submit a target

Wertydoo (merchant) - singlehandedly infiltrated both SS and DF. you helped me enormously to get my bearings in this game. We had an information exchange from R1 onward to which I think I contributed the lesser part, based on the agreement that we would not use this information against each other, and we never did, despite our realms being opposed to each other. You helped me not get lynched R1, I could've backstabbed you R2 to save Blaze and didn't (and tbh I still don't quite understand why). You wanted Ultor's realm and TD to lose, and I'm happy to say they did. 10/10 could not have done it without you
Spoiler!
June 15 (R0)
[..]
[22:59] Brian: Now
[22:59] Brian: because you know me
[22:59] Brian: you know two things
[22:59] Brian: one
[23:00] Brian: I like advantages
[23:00] Brian: I like gaining power and observing from a safe place
[23:00] Brian: two, I like alliances and coordination
[23:00] Brian: the end goal is one realm lives
[23:00] Brian: but that doesnt mean there cant be realms working against a common enemy
[23:00] Brian: until they need to fight each other
[23:21] mendel: well, i am the go-to person if you want to make any offers to TD, as you know

June 17 (R1)
[01:00] Brian: Where do I stand with you right now.
[01:00] Brian: You know I'm from one of the two factions you listed. Both are a threat to you.
[01:00] Brian: But you also accept my aid really easily....
[01:02] mendel: there are four factions that we have to beat in the end
[01:03] mendel: but right now my head is on the block and we need allies
[01:03] mendel: because there are two factions we need to beat right now
[01:03] Brian: So you risk even allying with larger threats
[01:03] Brian: I like it
[01:03] Brian: I like how you gamble lol

[..]

[14:21] mendel: i have no idea how an alliance would work between us
[14:22] mendel: but then this kind of gameplay is still new to me
[19:46] Brian: It could work verywell
[19:46] Brian: ill go one step further
[19:46] Brian: even if sweedy flips in my faction
[19:46] Brian: ill still work with you
[19:46] Brian: you may be asking
[19:46] Brian: but why the fuck
[19:46] Brian: well ill tell ya
[19:46] Brian: i have plans
[19:46] Brian: and i like to scheme
[19:46] Brian: the short answer
[19:47] Brian: is that I want to cover ground for a late game offense
[19:47] Brian: So as long as I trust that you arent killing me
[19:47] Brian: you can rest easily that I wont be killing you
[19:47] Brian: at least not yety
[21:07] Brian: Hey Mendel
[21:27] mendel: hi
[21:27] mendel: have i been showing as online the whole time?
[21:27] mendel: we have no plans to kill you tonight

[..]

[23:31] Brian: I want to reembody my serial killer and topple a nation
[23:31] Brian: lol
[23:32] Brian: yikes when I listen to myself talk I realize how much of an anarchist I sound like
[23:32] mendel: which realm would you like to go for, and how soon do you need the info?
[23:32] Brian: Ultors >:O
[23:32] Brian: jk i have no way to know who he is
[23:32] Brian: BUT I WISH >:::::

Frankly, I re-read the whole chat, and all of it is just amazing

Freddy (wizard) - overeager with the doom, why? you betrayed your realm to me on 6/18 and then got modkilled 2 days later

Emziek (wizard) - the cards were stacked against you when you subbed in. Your tactic of "reduce to two players" turned BFrost from early-game threat into a mid- to late-game ally/threat, unfortunately your realm suffer a triple hit at that point and died. We had a good strategy talk. I wonder if you thought I told you our real disparity, and whom you told it to.

Maki (physician) - tried to contact you, couldn't, sorry you didn't have time to play properly

Scorching Sands

SweedyGonzales (physician) - you got confused into claiming your realm and helped me not get lynched. we never talked much after you subbed back in for Patrick

Patrick (wizard) - we had a nice talk and I never knew your realm then. Would have enjoyed you having more time to spend on this game, definitely don't deserve to be listed on the "wall of shame" as you yourself asked to be replaced. Sometimes RL gets in the way.

Katika VS (knight) - turned form being my "go-to" lynch in the morning into the late-game ally that TD needed, best possible ending IMO 10/10 would win with you again. We might have talked a lot more, but especially lately the times when we could seemed to always be 3am for one of us, and you played your cards very close to your chest earlier. You put up with a lot from me. Did you know that Mystic had cursed Mmage as well as you? I was never sure if you were waiting for me to admit to it. Talking to you is often difficult for me, but always enjoyable.

Cap_H / Capage (merchant) - I found you as the lone disconnected SS member, you were my proof that SS had been infected (I knew before from werty, but now I could actually use the information). You're pleasant to chat with, almost as in over your head as I was on my first game here, would love to see what you can do once you get adjusted. Also, yay, someone from my own time zone!

Twisted Depths

Blaze (assassin) - it seems I have to apologize to you after every game. I should have realized you were actually our missing teammate and not called you out publicly, which caused you to get lynched. You never joined our team.

Mendel (knight) - tried to play an "honest" game, not giving false information or advice except when necessary to keep our secrets, with one or two exceptions, and of course I misunderstood more about the setup than I thought. I hope I was fun to play with, and I'm sure my R0 play made this game memorable anmd spicy right from the start. ;-)

WaywardVole (physician) - reliable active teammate, good support play, I enjoyed having you on our team

Mystic (wizard) - I hope I can repay your support when you get the limelight next time. your idea for our fake special saved my ass. It was good having your ideas, and having you to talk my ideas over with. In my defibrilation post-game rosterI wrote that I'd like to see more fo you playing, and my wish was granted. 10/10 would team up anytime

Desolate Falls

AnOddGuy (wizard) - we had a fun chat together, pity that DF never saw TD as a viable ally

Numble (knight) - your playstyle this game was designed to sow fear and distrust and even self-doubt, and I think you are doing it masterfully. I like interacting with you outside the game (e.g. over my setup), but in this game your playstyle rubbed me the wrong way, and I hope it's because it was designed to be. You said you had been disconnected from your realm until late, why?

UnwaveringGrey (merchant) - I conducted diplomatic talks with DF through you after OddGuy died, competent and pleasant to talk to, but unfortunately our goals never aligned.

Cruxell (assassin) - tried to contact, never replied, the public interactions verge into weird and wacky for some reason

Retribution

Ultor (merchant) - after two games I still don't get your playstyle. We only had public interactions, and I definitely wouldn't have thought you a retribution, so Mission accomplished?

Lawliet (knight) - you came to me in R0/R1 asking for help in finding your guys, and exchanged some information. You offered to ally over your disparity, which we only half believed in, and which we knew we wouldn't win with anyway, so the alliance was definitely going to be time-limited. After the Blaze lynch, it cooled off considerably, because you and ARSENIC didn't need our help any longer, so we never officially canceled. This is the one bit where I was less than honest (including saying in R3 that we were only asking 'round for alliance for show, because we really were seeking different allies), but then you guys lynched our guy, so I suspect this turn didn't come all that surprising to you. You could have been our late-game ally (and probably would have been) if you had helped bring SS and BF down.

Arsenic (assassin) - we bonded over werty's predicament. You helped me get the player roster straight in a masterful move that got me to reveal Mystic was TD. Much of what I wrote about Lawliet applies to you as well, our operating goals were just too different to allow much cooperation (you really should've gone after SS early instead of DF), and before the ruling came down that our disparity would not trigger on a cult endgame, we were the only realm you couldn't actually win with.

MMage (physician) - pleasant to chat with, hard to read, looking forward to play with you in the future. (SS aren't really overpowered, you just have to disable their Major early, which we could've done together but didn't. Told you so. ;)

The 6th Realm

Hater & Rainboy
During the game, I was increasingly getting frustrated with the setup, since what you had written often didn't mean what I thought it meant, culminating in Hater first answering me that Armored would be refreshed by out Major and then not doing it. I protested, and he ultimately did (and then I never used it), but with all of the other issues (the missing "once" on the SS Major was public, and the stricken "permanently") I felt the other players weren't the only ones out to get me. Hence, me calling the hosts the "6th realm".

That said, you were incredibly active and supportive throughout the game; you managed to reasonably balance a setup with forty different skills (3 skills each on 5 standard roles, 1 special role skills and 4 skills for each faction = 40) that was fun to engage with and accommodated a wide choice of approaches to it. I just wish it had been written more precisely. ;-P

Thanks for hosting an amazing game, I know it can't be easy dealing with a prolific nitpicking player like me , but I hope I also contributed some to the fun you were hopefully having with this game.

Thank you, everyone!
Numble

Post by Numble »

Mendel wrote: Desolate Falls

Numble (knight) - your playstyle this game was designed to sow fear and distrust and even self-doubt, and I think you are doing it masterfully. I like interacting with you outside the game (e.g. over my setup), but in this game your playstyle rubbed me the wrong way, and I hope it's because it was designed to be. You said you had been disconnected from your realm until late, why?
Initially I was aiming to win the game via Disparity. I tried to remain out of the spotlight and attempt to somehow work with some people off-realm of my own. I was expecting an infiltration early game and straight up gather info via whatever was public and how people were reacting to things.

Later on Katika/Werty had me pinned and I was pretty much forced to work with either of them. When Katika told me that UnwaveringGrey was on my realm and Werty was trying to get our Major off of himself using me as a token of trade I just played along in hopes that in the end we'd get the bigger hand, having both Werty and Katika working with me. That didn't happen at all.

And yes I do believe it was just how the game was designed to be.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

Mendel wrote: Lawliet (knight) - you came to me in R0/R1 asking for help in finding your guys, and exchanged some information. You offered to ally over your disparity, which we only half believed in, and which we knew we wouldn't win with anyway, so the alliance was definitely going to be time-limited. After the Blaze lynch, it cooled off considerably, because you and ARSENIC didn't need our help any longer, so we never officially canceled. This is the one bit where I was less than honest (including saying in R3 that we were only asking 'round for alliance for show, because we really were seeking different allies), but then you guys lynched our guy, so I suspect this turn didn't come all that surprising to you. You could have been our late-game ally (and probably would have been) if you had helped bring SS and BF down.
Yeah.. we, Retribution, could've played this game so much better. I didn't need your help since R2 as Arsenic was able to find all the Retribution members (props to him for pulling that off). Still , kept my word and never targeted a TD, who's your guy that we lynched tho? if it's blaze, nobody knew what his alignment was and he was getting lynched with or without our votes. I believe we might've been able to win with or without the alliance we had with you if Arsenic didn't go afk during the crucial round. It's w/e tho, I had fun, fuck MMage btw.
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

A little feedback and notes:

Regarding players:
I was surprised by how little people valued the power of information this game. Pretty much every Realm sold out their major and disparity at the drop of a hat, and Werty was extremely free with the information advantage that Barren Frosts had. Barren Frosts was designed to need that advantage to navigate the mid to late game at all, and I was not surprised when they were the first Realm to drop out. The late game Realms, especially Retribution, suffered the same fate - if the zombie apocalypse had not been a known threat, I feel that they would have had more time to set up while everyone was worried about the other nonsense going on.

Mendel played an absolutely stunning game from my perspective. He pulled off a R1 reveal without really getting punished for it at all, and that threw him into a huge information advantage which he just continued to snowball as the game progressed and he leveraged his information to get more information. In some ways, I was surprised the game allowed him to get away with what they did, but for the most part he just used what he had to great effect.

That said, I was hoping that the TD crew would come up with a spicier fake major. I'd been expecting nonsense like "name another Realm and instantly ally with them" or something that made them immune to Realm powers. They certainly executed very well on what they did end up using, but it was pretty boring from a host perspective.

Regarding Realms and ballance:
Retribution should have had more zombie/poison interactions, that's for sure. DF popped their minor a lot earlier than I had anticipated, and it kinda flopped. Poison is a kill that the target sees coming, so it needed to be used late enough in the game that there were either too many targets to protect with Physicians, or the Physicians were all dead. I don't think that Retribution was particularly underpowered, but they did lack a little of that late game oomph that I had hoped to endow them with.

TD ended up a LOT tankier than I had anticipated. I just never sat down to crunch numbers and figure out just how stupidly tanky their Knight was. That's on me, and that ended up making it a very good call for Mendel to go public (which is something I usually try to stack the deck against). Mendel and Sweedy going public accelerated a lot of the game which took a lot of power both from BF, who is interested in manipulating early game information for an advantage, and the late game Realms, who require a few rounds of setup before they really get going. That one play threw a wrench into a lot of my designs, and will certainly not happen if I host this kind of setup again (which, BTW, Hater and I are planning to do in a few months).

The entire setup was pretty rushed. We went from a blank paper to a full setup in about a week, which is a complete record for me as far as Boswell games go. There were a few aspects of the game that felt pretty rough to me because of that (not the least of which was our VERY primitive spreadsheet for tracking things), and I think if we'd taken another week to polish it we would have ended up with a more fun game (not that this wasn't fun - I had a blast!).

I'd like to thank all of you for playing! We had a few people afk out and get modkilled, but we also put some pretty high post requirements that this community is not used to seeing. I think overall the posting requirements were a success, though I think the community will need more practice with them to get used to the culture it invokes. Well done, everyone.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Numble

Post by Numble »

Rainboy wrote:Mendel played an absolutely stunning game from my perspective. He pulled off a R1 reveal without really getting punished for it at all, and that threw him into a huge information advantage which he just continued to snowball as the game progressed and he leveraged his information to get more information. In some ways, I was surprised the game allowed him to get away with what they did, but for the most part he just used what he had to great effect.
I was legitimately the only one attempting to push a lynch on him for what he had done. But people didn't care whatsoever and that legit bothered me.
Heart-Break

Return to “Finished Games”