[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Rainboy

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 6 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by Rainboy »

On a side note, I still strongly encourage people to play for their wincons. That said, if it becomes clear that the game is over and we're just going through the motions, I will end the game early and declare winners. I am not ending the game at this juncture.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

Numble wrote:I know Blaze, I'd rather be safe than sorry at that point. He couldn't get me lynched, and got himself lynched. So the Toughness still stands. And are you sure it can accommodate? I'm not so sure. Things are kinda looking grim.
Ya, you're probably right. Better safe than sorry.

[Vote: UnwaveringGrey]

Code: Select all

UnwaveringGrey - 1 - Mendel
MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 8 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Mystic, Numble, SweedyGonzales, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Mendel wrote:
Numble wrote:I know Blaze, I'd rather be safe than sorry at that point. He couldn't get me lynched, and got himself lynched. So the Toughness still stands. And are you sure it can accommodate? I'm not so sure. Things are kinda looking grim.
Ya, you're probably right. Better safe than sorry.

UnwaveringGrey - 1 - Mendel
MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 8 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Mystic, Numble, SweedyGonzales, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole

UnwaveringGrey - 2 - Mendel, Mystic
MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 7 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Numble, SweedyGonzales, UnwaveringGrey, WaywardVole
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Mendel what makes you think SS isn't just going to betray TD once everyone else is dead? How did you verify their disparity claim? Because it doesn't really make sense as being their disparity thematically.
If I was SS I would run with that bluff, get TD to help kill everyone else, and then pop the major (which is much, much more powerful late game) to control two lynch votes and a night kill in order to polish off your realm.
It makes sense. A claim like that is SS's way of getting out of mid game and controlling the end game. At this point I don't think my faction can win, but I don't want to see SS walk away with this game either. It would be kind of pathetic if we let them get their major and then no one targeted them for the rest of the game, giving them an easy win.
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

With everyone's alignments out in the open, here's how I see things for this lynch:

Vote MM4ge - Would (hopefully) take down Ret and free us from dealing with their zombie bullshit. May not work because Mage is a crafty fucker and probably has some trick up his sleeves.

Vote UnwaveringGrey - DF isn't in a huge position of power atm which makes taking them out easy and (somewhat) appealing. But unless other chicanery is afoot, killing him would give DF their disparity.

Vote Katika (or Lawliet, or Cap_H) - SS is theoretically my ally, though Grey makes an excellent point in saying they may not be honest about their disparity. Regardless, they still have the ability to use their major, makng them one of, if not the most powerful faction at the moment.

Given all of that, I'm not sure who the best lynch target is at the moment. Luckily there's a few hours left to decide.
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

- Double posting because I got distracted and forgot about the "everyone (ish) wins" idea -

I'm not sure I'm that keen on this idea for two reasons:

First, I'm a competitive bastard who has a winning streak I would like to continue. Winning in a draw (of sorts) feels a bit wonky.

Second, I'm not sure it keeps in the spirit of the game. Having factions and hidden info encouraged alliances, but also included the caveat that they would all be temporary, as only one faction can win. Perhaps there's some wiggle room in the specials and disparities, but the game seemed pretty clear from the beginning.

All that said, I'm not a complete bastard and don't want to participate in a slog to the finish line. If there is a majority preference to kumbaya to victory, I won't stand in the way.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

[Vote Cap_H]
Because I don't want to win the vote. I don't like the prize.

MMage - 2 - Cap_H, UnwaveringGrey

No Vote (self vote) - 6 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Numble, SweedyGonzales, WaywardVole
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

I did that stupid...

MMage - 1 - Cap_H
Cap_H - 1 - UnwaveringGrey

No Vote (self vote) - 6 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Numble, SweedyGonzales
Numble

Post by Numble »

Someone told me to vote so here. I'm throwing my random vote.

MMage - 1 - Cap_H
Cap_H - 2 - UnwaveringGrey, Numble

No Vote (self vote) - 5 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, SweedyGonzales
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

UnwaveringGrey wrote:[Vote Cap_H]

No Vote (self vote) - 6 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, Numble, SweedyGonzales, WaywardVole
I guess I should change my vote to [vote UnwaveringGrey].
He's a confirmed merchant!
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Cap_H wrote:
UnwaveringGrey wrote:[Vote Cap_H]

I guess I should change my vote to [vote UnwaveringGrey].
He's a confirmed merchant!
This, NK the confirmed merchant and we can assess the night actions and go from there.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
MMage

Post by MMage »

Rainboy wrote:Disparity - Apocalypse: Each Zombie now counts for Parity and Specials. All current and future Zombies automatically join Retribution permanently.

New Rule: Dead players are not Zombies, therefore players who are dead will not win with Retribution unless they were previously citizens of Retribtuion. While I had not originally intended for it to work this way, the change is in keeping with the original wording and, though I hate to deviate from my original plans midgame, there should be a price to pay for a cult wincon. You can't just bring everyone along for the ride for free.
All of the rest of the nightkills can be stopped by a mixture of Numble and any living player, so we wouldn't have to worry about zombies dying to that. As for Lynch...
Zombies will win with Retribution OR their original Realm. This was always intended, but I will highlight that this interaction means that, while Retribution's Disparity is active, Zombies will count for the specials of BOTH their original Realm AND Retribution. If TD wants to go for the cult wincon, or at least allow it, they can use their Major to nullify Lynch forever (and still be converted during, as the zombies will keep the Major active).
The Cult wincon is even better for zombies counting as their original realms; since SS can still have their ace in the hole (to ensure non-backstabbyness) and TD can help ensure Lynches are stopped outright. If Mendel really wants to be an asshole about it tho, we would spend 3 rounds lynching TD members, and then 4 more lynching original Reti players (as we'll stick to our team), giving us 7 rounds without kills besides conversions. Thats more than enough time to convert SS and DF. That said, I'd really rather have TD with us to use their Major to trivialize the rest of the rounds, and allow them to win (it's not a cult wincon if we say "durr we wont let those guys win cuz we feel like it").
WaywardVole wrote:First, I'm a competitive bastard who has a winning streak I would like to continue. Winning in a draw (of sorts) feels a bit wonky.[/color]

Second, I'm not sure it keeps in the spirit of the game. Having factions and hidden info encouraged alliances, but also included the caveat that they would all be temporary, as only one faction can win. Perhaps there's some wiggle room in the specials and disparities, but the game seemed pretty clear from the beginning.

All that said, I'm not a complete bastard and don't want to participate in a slog to the finish line. If there is a majority preference to kumbaya to victory, I won't stand in the way.
On the first note, it's not a complete draw, as BF has been wholly eliminated. Second, what's the difference between the TD/SS plan to merge realms and the cult wincon? They both seem like permanent alliances. Finally, I respect your willingness to let the cult wincon do the thing if it happens.

I've been in off-and-on chat with Kat over this, but the round is getting close to being over. She pulled some last-minute nonsense on Sunday tho, so I'm hoping she shows up here too and voices if she's still on board with the wincon after Rain's "rule changes" (they were only buffs imo but w/e). If she really didn't want this to happen, SS could just pop its major and murderize Arsenic (thus putting Reti at 2 players and no Major to convert).

Pre-Post Edit to re-confirm tally:

MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 4 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, SweedyGonzales
Spoiler!
Cap H quoting from the wrong Grey post rip
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

MMage wrote: Pre-Post Edit to re-confirm tally:

MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 4 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, SweedyGonzales

Hey, you forgot me! Re-re-confirmed tally:

MMage - 1 - Cap_H

No Vote (self vote) - 5 - ARSENIC, Katika VS, MMage, SweedyGonzales, WAYWARDVOLE
MMage

Post by MMage »

[vote Cap_h]
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image

Return to “Finished Games”