[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

Ultor

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by Ultor »

I'm surprised how everyone except Emziek just ignores the importance of influence, don't cry when it comes to bite you later.

Code: Select all

AnOddGuy - 7 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Ultor
Katika_VS - 2 -  Mendel, Cruxell
Ultor - 2 - UnwaveringGrey, AnOddGuy
No Vote - 6 - Katika VS, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Maki, Numble 
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

[vote AnOddGuy]

Ultor - 2 - UnwaveringGrey, AnOddGuy
No Vote - 6 - Katika VS, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Maki, Numble
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

It seems a bit phishy that when the conversation focuses on late game threats, multiple people come out of the woodwork and point fingers at DF. Not saying they won't be a pain, but I find Ret far more powerful as a team, as opposed to BF's one headshot.

While it may come to bite me, I trust Grey's claim about Ultor. Plus no offense @AnOddGuy, but you don't seem that much of a threat atm.

Ultor - 3 - UnwaveringGrey, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole
No Vote - 5 - Katika VS, Mystic, Cap_H, Maki, Numble
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

Derp, forgot to add [vote Ultor]. (Tally is correct, but I'm re-posting it here.)

Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

I think influence feels kind of pointless since SS can just shift it as they please. I agree that it's an important mechanic, which is why SS can have a lot of power moving forward. However, Most people aren't afraid of it as they either
A. Are Controlling the conversation away from themselves
B. Have a way to avoid lynch
C. Are not posting enough to garner interest.

Add in that we all know back-room deals are going on, and everyone feels safe enough to ignore influence abusers like SS.
MMage

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by MMage »

Time for Mage's thoughts on the Major Specials because post limit
Liquid Rage wrote:Barren Frosts:
Major Special - Coup: A Barren Frosts citizen that has infiltrated a realm may kill any player in that realm that they have been connected to for at least two rounds, stealing any powers the killed player had if successful and severing any remaining connections with that Realm. May be used once per round.
Powerful, but mitigate-able by not connecting to BF, and roleblocking/wizarding/murdering if you're are. "Any powers" sounds it like just takes their role in whole; does that mean a player who Coups effectively has two roles by that point?

Scorching Sands:
Major Special - Monopolize: Re-arrange all Influence in the game before Influence is locked this round. Each player must have at least 1 Influence and no individual player may have more than 20% of the Influence in the game (rounded down). (Yes, this is a one-time use ability)
Mentioned my thoughts on this one in the previous post; this could be used during a diverse lynch to control both the Lynch (by giving influence to players voting for their target) and NK (by ensuring they have the least influence) for a round (and, if SS NK'd someone they gave a bunch of influence to, they'd get it right back and prob control the next lynch). Pretty powerful, but only happens once and it'll be rather obvious when they use it (as all our influences suddenly won't make sense).

Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
For those that think (or thought, like moi) that "this special makes all connected players immune to lynch" means everyone connected to TD is forever lynch-proof, then chill. I talked to Rain about it; that portion of the special only happens when it's activated. Since its activation gives lynch immunity the round after, and their major takes a round to reveal, then all of TD and their connections are lynch immune this round only. Past that, they can only choose one person a round for lynch immunity. Very defensive, as Mendel originally claimed.

Desolate Falls:
Major Special - Headshot: Select a player, living or dead, to entirely remove from the game. The selected player will be unable to be targeted or revived by any mechanic, and may no longer post or PM any other players. This power cannot be stopped by any mechanic in the game, but may only be used once.
Yo dawg, I herd u like murder, so we put some murder in your murder so you could murder murdered people. Talked about this one in my last post too; pretty good early, increases in power as the game goes on (i.e. less people makes kills more powerful). Strange that it mentions "or dead" in there; I guess if you really wanted to stop a mastermind ghost from coordinating their team, you could murder the murdered person.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Cap_H

Post by Cap_H »

[vote AnOddGuy]

I don't really have a reason to vote him, but the wagon is interesting and I want to see what will Grey try to do to destroy it.
HATER

Post by HATER »

Current tally (correct if wrong)

AnOddGuy - 7 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Ultor, Cap_H
No Vote - 4 - Katika VS, Mystic, Maki, Numble
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Heya, I’ll be available for about half an hour. At work and on my phone rn, so my posts are probably gonna e shorter xD
Liquid Rage

Post by Liquid Rage »

Hey, HATER here.

Due to some personal stuff tonight that has cropped up (making me unable to end the night phase at all on time) I have extended the day phase's end by 24 hours. I have determined this to be the best course of action over a) extending the 4 hour night phase to be 7 times as long, or b) dumping all night calculations on Rainboy, who also has had a busy schedule as of late.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Note: As a bonus, this should also give those who have not yet voted or made five posts (I count close to a third of the game falling into one or both of those categories) a little more time to do stuff as well.
These users thanked the author Liquid Rage for the post:
Katika VS
Sometimes lies are more reliable than the truth.
Katika VS

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Friday]

Post by Katika VS »

Yayyyy I can make proper posts tonight \o/
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

HATER wrote:Current tally (correct if wrong)

AnOddGuy - 7 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Ultor, Cap_H

AnOddGuy - 8 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Ultor, Cap_H
These users thanked the author Lawliet for the post:
HATER
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

WaywardVole wrote:It seems a bit phishy that when the conversation focuses on late game threats, multiple people come out of the woodwork and point fingers at DF. Not saying they won't be a pain, but I find Ret far more powerful as a team, as opposed to BF's one headshot.

While it may come to bite me, I trust Grey's claim about Ultor. Plus no offense @AnOddGuy, but you don't seem that much of a threat atm.

This is particularly interesting. I've called you out already for a playstyle which significantly benefits DF, and yet you continue supporting them. With the major of DF which can hardly be prevented and them being the only one apart from RT who still have all intact players, it's more important then ever that we work on fighting these two. It is crucial that we soon learn RT's major as Mendel has confirmed that it deals with zombies, who are by far the game's most volatile aspect.
At this point, we can consider WaywardVole a confirmed DF player and a teammate of AnOddGuy. This highly increases our reason to not trust him. He still isn't the best choice for lynch though.
Speaking of the lynch choice, this is somewhere where me and WaywardVole are on the same page. RT is the strongest realm of the game right now. They will continue having the most players after this and we won't be able to do anything about it. Think about it, they're more late-game oriented then all other realms together. There will be no stopping their Necromancer once he surrounds himself with a horde of zombies. They all know each other, and most likely exist in two teams of two. Once we get rid of Ultor, then we can move on to kill AnOddGuy. [vote Ultor]

Ultor - 4 - WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Cruxell, AnOddGuy, 
AnOddGuy - 8 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Ultor, Cap_H
Katika_VS - 1 -  Mendel

Ultor

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Friday (Extended)]

Post by Ultor »

Okay so since we got a round extend, I'd like everyone who is willing to lynch a DF member to switch over to grey. This is because:

1. UnwaveringGrey is the merchant of DF (13 inf)
2. Cruxell is the wizard of DF (Doom not used yet)
3. AnOddGuy is the assassin/defender of TD (worst possible lynch)

This is pretty much proven by their votes on me. As for WaywardVole, I believe he could be TD/BF who did not follow Mendel on voting Katika_VS. The last member of DF is 1 of the non-voters.

DF has 'raw' killing power as mentioned in the description. With grey having 13 inf, it is only obvious DF is the first ranked realm with 31 inf. The average inf over the other 3 members would be 6 which is very reasonable. Alot have been said about why a DF member needs to be eliminated before dealing with any other realms and I'm not gonna repeat the same thing over and over. We have 24 hours to shift votes over to grey and a chance for the non-votes to participate in the game. [vote UnwaveringGrey]

AnOddGuy - 7 - Wertydoo, Arsenic, Patrick, MMage, Lawliet, Emziek, Cap_H
Ultor - 4 - UnwaveringGrey, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, Cruxell
Katika_VS - 1 -  Mendel
UnwaveringGrey - 1 - Ultor
ARSENIC

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Friday (Extended)]

Post by ARSENIC »

While I'm willing to vote either grey or oddguy, we have another 6 people who've already hit oddguy, including many of the ones who aren't very active. Do you really want to gamble on having all of them change their vote on the last minute?

Return to “Finished Games”