[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

HATER

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by HATER »

wertydoo wrote:Image
You're a fucking traitor how dare you

developer mode (light mode) 4 lyfe
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

We're all being quiet tonight. Is there a lot of backroom dealing going on?
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

UnwaveringGrey wrote:We're all being quiet tonight. Is there a lot of backroom dealing going on?
From the sounds of it, yes. But let's get some conversation in the open (and not just because of post counts.)

If we are to believe Werty and AnOddGuy is DF, lynching him does make some sense. But this far, we have no other suggestions outside of him and the ever-present (and vocal) Mendel (believed/confirmed to be TD.) I still put forth that going after a Ret member to prevent their Major Special is a good way to go, but I don't have solid/confirmed leads on any of their members. Anyone have information that could help this?

P.S. Werty and Hater - both of you are dead wrong. Dark mode forever.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

ARSENIC wrote:Ret's theme is "survival", my bet is it has something to do with protection of some kind. The murderers are BF from what we've seen, SS through influence and noe DF through their major, now that the TD assassin is dead. Which makes the werty claim mean something.

TD's major is worded in that it always goes off when activated, and activation happened this round. This means, again, Mendel is safe from the lynch.

BF, SS and Ret have no openly claimed players. The only claim is werty on oddguy for DF. While BF's ability to steal powers is terrifying, until further information comes up, a guaranteed "not my faction" is the best possible vote.

Of course, every declaration says as much about the accused as the accuser. Werty is a likely TD (Being hit by the BF wizard makes him being BF extremely unlikely, his animosity with Kat makes him an unlikely SS unless they were unlinked, and Ret has no wizards so he can't be Ret) seeking to distract us from him since until then most of the heat was on those two factions. Second, killing werty means killing kat, and kat has already declared SS. Third, ret as the survival faction likely has some sort of protection mechanic for their major which the DF major bypasses, so the DF major is likely a bigger threat to them than the TD major or the SS major, especially since kat is likely knight. All that combined, SS, TD and Ret would all want Werty/Kat alive. 3 to 2 odds draws the conclusion that unless BF and DF are the two highest-influence factions, which i doubt with SS in the game, and unless any further information is provided, like a confirmed BF, oddguy is a dead man.

[Vote AnOddGuy]
Retribution's enhanced survival ability stems from them being able to use zombies. Mendel never shared the full info on them, but he did say that their Major interacts with the zombies. He said that it doesn't buff them tho.

Two factions are starting to increasingly present problems for us: Desolate Falls and Retribution. They are the only late-game factions in the game. We're in the third round and must start to curb their influence. I've been suggesting this for a while but, surprise, nobody listened.

Werty has recently been falling under the spotlight, and has shown a far more aggressive playstyle recently then in the beginning of the game. He has made a number of claims regarding abilities and alike, we should definitely keep a close eye on him.

Why do we not lynch Katika if she is a confirmed SS member? For four-fifths of the players (now a bit more with Sweedy out) she is the best target for lynch.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Numble wrote:
WaywardVole wrote:There's a lot of info to process from the previous night, but what strikes me offhand is this - 4/5 factions have their special, Retribution does not. Might it be in everyone else's best interests to kill enough of them off to prevent them from reaching it?
I'm gonna go ahead and assume that their special has something to do with lynching/killing one of their faction. That's highly likely and TD are the ones who can confirm it or deny it.
It interacts with the zombies in a particular way, though without buffing them. I doubt it has something to do with lynching or killing. Most majors have a single ability rather then having multiple.
Anoddguy

Post by Anoddguy »

[Vote Katika_VS] Because it would kill SS. And it would kill TD. And Because the TD uses light mode. And because he voted for me. And because even if Mendel/TD planned ahead to protect Werty, it would still get him and keep TD from using their major for too much longer.

And because I had to get up a 6 this morning, that's all I've got. G'night Americas, good morning Europeans.

Code: Select all

Katika_VS - 1 - AnOddGuy
AnOddGuy - 2 - Wertydoo, Arsenic
No Vote - 15 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

I just want to see what a ret zombie announcement looks like. That's maybe not the best reason to vote for someone, but I'm with Wayward :P

On a more serious note, we should consider as a group pushing a vote onto a SS member so that they are forced into popping their major. I would rather see SS control the vote in the mid game then see them control the vote in the late game.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

Oh, it looks like other people posted as I was typing this out and threw some hate on Katika, as well as on Ret and DF in general. As a "town" what do we want to do here? Which faction needs to be curbed the most, and who looks like a good candidate for that?
The way I see it we either force the SS major so that we don't have to deal with it late game (assuming they pop it to protect Katika), we kill AnOddGuy to weaken DF (if Werty is right), or we go after an as of yet unrevealed ret player (I can provide a name from a peek if that helps).
WaywardVole

Post by WaywardVole »

UnwaveringGrey wrote: The way I see it we either force the SS major so that we don't have to deal with it late game (assuming they pop it to protect Katika), we kill AnOddGuy to weaken DF (if Werty is right), or we go after an as of yet unrevealed ret player (I can provide a name from a peek if that helps).

I think that would help. What do you have?
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

A little birdy told me that Ultor might be. And by "a little birdy" I mean a peek result.
UnwaveringGrey

Post by UnwaveringGrey »

With that in mind actually, [Vote Ultor].
One of Retribution's major weaknesses is that they're missing the wizard, so it's more difficult for them to link up. If we don't vote Ultor then we can expect to see their major revealed tomorrow when they use the knowledge of who is in their realm to link together.

Katika_VS - 1 - AnOddGuy
Ultor - 1 - UnwaveringGrey
No Vote - 13 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
Mendel

Post by Mendel »

I dunno, these neonDragon mafia games seem to always make me saltier the longer they go on.
UnwaveringGrey, you want to go after Katika or Ultor this turn. Well, I thought Ultor was BF, but... why couldn't you have been onboard with me last round? sigh

The lynch menu for today (16 hours left) is
-- Katika (for being ScorchingSands) (probably won't succeed but trigger Monopolize)
-- AnOddGuy (for being Desolate Falls)
-- Ultor (for being Retribution)

so you guys want to endgame early, putting the DF/Ret conflict on the table now and asking the rest to choose sides? or is that just posturing? or is it BF/SS intrigue?

this would be fun if i was actually available to play mafia all day
but I'm not

not taking sides right now, but Monopolize being off the table sounds like a good idea in any case
[vote Katika VS]

Katika_VS - 2 - AnOddGuy, Mendel
No Vote - 12 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Maki, Numble
if my theory is correct and SS and BF are the top realms right now, they will be the ones to decide this lynch.
And if my grasp of the overall situation is correct, we are still at BF/SS (early realms) vs DF/Ret (late realms), so a DF/Ret split seems like a win/win move for Early
But hey, TD is mid game, we could ally with Early
our problem right now is that with our Shaman lynched, nobody wants to ally with us :sadface:
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

UnwaveringGrey wrote:With that in mind actually, [Vote Ultor].
One of Retribution's major weaknesses is that they're missing the wizard, so it's more difficult for them to link up. If we don't vote Ultor then we can expect to see their major revealed tomorrow when they use the knowledge of who is in their realm to link together.

Katika_VS - 1 - AnOddGuy
No Vote - 13 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
Says the guy with 13 influence. I would love to get my hands dirty in your blood grey. I do agree that Retribution and DF needs to be reduced ASAP and by having grey with this much influence, its only obvious he's in 1 of them (probably DF because this looks like a weak attempt to distract people from AnOddGuy's wagon). [vote UnwaveringGrey]

Katika_VS - 1 - AnOddGuy
UnwaveringGrey- 1 - Ultor 
No Vote - 13 - Katika VS, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, WaywardVole, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
Ultor

Post by Ultor »

Not to mention that it is impossible for a non-merchant role to have 13 inf. It is obvious that grey is a merchant in this case and not a wizard/knight. If I'm right about him trying to diverge attention from AnOddGuy, who could be a knight and immune to lynch, grey would be a better lynch than simply wasting a possible kill. In addition to that, do you really want grey to accumulate more inf by keeping him alive?
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Had a very busy day yesterday, I’ll try to read up and interact with everyone today, sorry everyone.

Return to “Finished Games”