[Third Party Win] WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [GAME OVER]

User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Numble »

Oh well. There goes my potato salad then
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Numble »

Katika VS wrote:
Liquid Rage wrote:Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
Oh boyyyyyyy. One of them will always be immune to lynch. I'd bank on it being Mendel for this round, given, errr, me lol. This is the one I'm most worried about, as they could be effectively immune to lynch if they play their cards right.
Remember back in R0 when I said "Lets lynch Mendel"? This was why. Considering that they are all connected by now, and well RIP Blaze, they are all immune to lynch now.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
User avatar
Cap_H
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Cap_H »

Liquid Rage wrote: Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
I guess this is reason Mendel wanted sands removed.
Other actions represent immediate danger, but ara avoidable. This one can stop the game and the faction needs to be killed by other means..
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Mendel »

Defibrilation players already know I like to post a huge analysis in the morning.
This time around, you already know my faction. :P
Liquid Rage wrote:Round 2 Night has Ended.

Mendel Nightkilled
Mendel Survived

Numble Brutalized
Numble Survived

Day 3 has begun.
1. why go after the obvious target and NK me? :doh:


2. in b4 misinformation (you know who)
-- to use Brutal, you need to be killed
-- the only player killed this round was Blaze
-- therefore, Blaze used Brutal
-- the only player in Twisted Depths who can use Brutal is the Assassin/Shaman
-- Therefore, Blaze was the Shaman
-- therefore, Twisted Depth no longer has a Shaman
-- therefore, TD has lost all access to killing power except Curse (hah) and nightkill

and Numble, my best guess is that Numble didn't submit and the Brutal was randed
if I had known you were the target, we would have roleblocked you
@HATER would the roleblock have been active at the time the Brutal kill was processed?

3. our realm, Twisted Depths, is now completely defensive (as I have always claimed)

4. TD never controlled the lynch, I was robbed tonight (a s predicted) and since we didnt get lynch kill influence or nightkill influence we are now no longer even top 2 in influence

5. The top two Influence realms are likely BFrosts and SSands
a) BF because making lots of fake connections and being connected themselves
b) SS because
-- finding each other early over Sweedys claim / Katikas claim now (+gifts)
-- being low on R1, making lynch and NK influence bonus
-- full connection
I wouldn't be surprised if Sweedy was their wizard, and that they could have connected up last round if they hadn't been lynched. If they trigger the rewrite today, they were not the top realm today (because why do it when you are controlling the lynch naturally)

If you have a census, please contact me or post publicly, I would love to analyse it.
Make a fake discord account and DM me, make an alt forum account and PM me, whatever works


6. BF and SS unlocked their majors (like I predicted)

7. Influence total comes up to 100 today.
-- Base Inf = 20, + 20 R0 gifts, +20 R1 gifts, +18 R2 gifts = 78
-- there were 11 connections made, 7 on R1, 4 on R2
-- we (TwistedD) accounts for 2 of these
-- Retribution accounts for at most 2 of these (1 on assassin who loses peek, 1 on wizard because 2 means major unlocks and it didnt)
-- DFalls, BFrost, SSand have at least 2 each
-- and one connection extra which must be on DFalls because they are the only realm of these that still have 4 players
-- which could mean full connections all around (except for Retribution)
-- except
-- BF made some infiltrations and your realms are really not as well connected as you thought they were
-- in fact, if you are Retribution or DFalls or SSand and not connected, you know your realm was probably infiltrated, and you should go warn somebody (well it may be it's not your realm, but somebody elses, I haven't checked all of the possibilities yet)
-- if you are BF and not connected, you know that as well, but it should give you joy, and you should keep quiet

You see that watching who is connected and who is still single is an important issue; not so much last round, but very important this round. (Now who brought this up last round?)

I predicted that TD was not going to lead influence for long, and I was correct.



If your are DFalls or Retribution, I told you that BF or SS would dominate you if you didn't act, and you didn't act and your position has worsened significantly. I put everything out there. I am not an idiot nor a blabbermouth. Why didn't everyone of you contact me to talk, question my asumptions, coordinate this shit on R0 or R1? Get the early game done, go straight to midgame with 3 factions. We're struggling to reach this now, with R2 lynch and NK on us and not on BF/SS. You brought this upon yourselves. Did the smart players all rand (randomly draw) SS and BF roles this game? Looking at the R1 vote, I refuse to believe that, but did you really let yourself swayed by the reasoning from the likes of Cruxell and Ultor? W T F ?
Rant over.

One thing that BF can't do is override the minor and major specials. So if you ask them to do that, they can't. This is how you can spot a BF player. Or you get your unconnected player to tell you their role, but you can't really verify.
An Infiltration forged in R1 can call in the kill/power still on this round.

Twisted Depths can't be infiltrated now (unless we choose to), so their special isn't a threat. My gambit gave us that at least (thanks Blaze :cry: ).
Lynch isn't much of a threat, again because we got connected early. (don't you wish you had been connected now, Blaze? :? )
So we are in this fortified position because my gambit worked out, and I am happy about that.
But we can still be killed, headshot me unlocks the lynch again, or lynch someone who's not expecting it (easier mid/late game when teams are apparent, you have a 1/1 chance to hit the barricade now, but only 1/3 if you try it later), and of course night kills can work if you do not go after the obvious target (also much easier later).
I told you we'll keep, you did the exact opposite. Well played, BF and SS.
Am I playing with a bunch of recalcitrant children, and not intelligent adults who can actually evaluate (and discuss?) the logic of my statements? :facepalm:
I guess paranoia makes stupid.

Now onto the best and most biased analysis post so far today, Katika's.
Spoiler!
Katika VS wrote:
Liquid Rage wrote:Barren Frosts:
Major Special - Coup: A Barren Frosts citizen that has infiltrated a realm may kill any player in that realm that they have been connected to for at least two rounds, stealing any powers the killed player had if successful and severing any remaining connections with that Realm. May be used once per round.
I don't see this being too big a deal tbh, as long as everyone is careful about who they're connected with. There's no real verification method outside of roleblock/wizard, however.
Liquid Rage wrote:Scorching Sands:
Major Special - Monopolize: Re-arrange all Influence in the game before Influence is locked this round. Each player must have at least 1 Influence and no individual player may have more than 20% of the Influence in the game (rounded down). (Yes, this is a one-time use ability)
Ok, so influence doesn't really matter this round. I don't see Sands waiting to use this, as they'd risk losing one of their own during the night cycle and finding themselves unable to use it. It's a pain in the ass, but mitigated by merchants (Especially since merchants scale directly with the power of whoever they're stealing from)
Liquid Rage wrote:Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
Oh boyyyyyyy. One of them will always be immune to lynch. I'd bank on it being Mendel for this round, given, errr, me lol. This is the one I'm most worried about, as they could be effectively immune to lynch if they play their cards right.
Liquid Rage wrote:Desolate Falls:
Major Special - Headshot: Select a player, living or dead, to entirely remove from the game. The selected player will be unable to be targeted or revived by any mechanic, and may no longer post or PM any other players. This power cannot be stopped by any mechanic in the game, but may only be used once.
~shrugs~ It's an unconditional kill. I mean, that's cool, but strictly speaking there's nothing that can really be done about it. I find the wording interesting, though, as it hints that Retribution might have a revive for their Major Special c:
_________________

Personally, I find Twisted Depths the most frightening rn. Yes, it has to be turned in on the previous round (Which means they have to see the wagon coming) but that's basically the only way to make it not /completely/ OP lol. The ways we can get around it are:

1. Get a wagon off on an unsuspecting Depths player.
2. Sneak a NK in while they're not looking.

This means our (Or at least my) top priority for this round is to identify the other two Twisted Depths players. Desolate Falls, if you're listening, I'd actually encourage you to use your Headshot ability on Mendel, as it will completely deactivate the Twisted Depths Major Special.
Re: BarrenFrosts
-- "There's no real verification method outside of roleblock/wizard" -- yes, override minor/major. We will roleblock a suspect, nobody asked last round. (I'd also guess that anyone who makes TwistedD out to be the major threat is not on your team.)

Re: SS
-- "Ok, so influence doesn't really matter this round" -- yes it does, lynch is decided on current influence before rewrite, and if SS are at the top (likely), they won't rewrite
-- "mitigated by merchants" -- well yes, except on the round they trigger it, it rewrites the merchant income I guess? why do I get the feeling I am playing against the hosts here, that I lose if I don't ask the right questions? so this is another reason why they might want to trigger later, also get merchants to use up their census one-shots (now what about if we had a player offering to coordinate because their realm has the information advantage and no killing power to speak of? oh wait)(yes I am a bit salty)(scratch that, it's a lot)

so Katika is most likely SS, I have asked @HOST if we can stop the special by lynching or otherwise killing her, since the description seems to indicate it is processed after Influence Unlock, hence after "realm power activation", so if we can deactivate the major, it does no longer exist when it would need to be processed. @HOST, do the rules allow to stop/block/thwart a submitted "Monopolize" by deactivating the SS Major special?

I started R2 by voting Katika. If you'd joined me, you wouldn't have this problem.

TwistedD
-- "effectively immune to lynch if they play their cards right" -- I am, my team mates are not, this will last through midgame, we were vulnerable in early game, and we are vulnerable late. I explained this above, with numbers.
Anyone who telsl you we are OP is trying to manipulate you.

DesolateFalls
-- "I'd actually encourage you to use your Headshot ability on Mendel" -- you can just kill me late game. Go ask HATER if your headshot can kill a wizard without triggering their Curse, this is your weapon to defend against one of your guys getting doomed, and it should be used for that, or getting rid of an otherwise impregnable player. Find one of my teammates, lynnch them, and TD unravels, using a one-off for that seems like a waste to me. But you do you.

---------------------

Why was/is TD still going after BF and SS?

a) BF steal your powers, to use them. They will be overpowered and not willing to make deals with us. Do not believe Kati when she says that BF wouldn't have been able to connect, your realm may not be as well integrated as you think it is. (or do not listen to me again, I dare you)

b) SS can take all our influence, and having no merch, few ways to get it back. We'll be partially lynch-proof, but also powerless to affect the lynch much. This is not fun, and the way to lose the game. They have nothing to gain by dealing with us.

You also see I was right that revealing the Dfalls Major Special would not have helped anyone in any way.

Is there anything I have posted that was an intentional untruth? Intentionally misleading in way?
(still sorry about misreading the SS major)
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Mendel »

Cap_H wrote:
Liquid Rage wrote: Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
I guess this is reason Mendel wanted sands removed.
Other actions represent immediate danger, but ara avoidable. This one can stop the game and the faction needs to be killed by other means..
Was that a misquote?
Because you can't be saying that Barricade can stop the game?

Barricade will only stop the game if you keep trying to lynch me, because it wastes the lynches, but you can still do everything to attack any of the other factions, and when you kill a TD member in the process, I become lynchable again and our Major had no lasting effects. Except you getting behind on killing your real enemies of the game phase you are in.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Rainboy
Posts: 1923
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainboy
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Rainboy »

Mendel wrote:Make a fake discord account and DM me, make an alt forum account and PM me, whatever works

I'll have to check with Hater, but usually I rule anonymous correspondence as a form of code (which encrypts the sender rather than the message) and disallow it. Please refrain from making fake accounts to PM people, at least until I get a chance to speak with Hater on the subject.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Mendel »

Correction
I just talked to Rainboy, he helped me understand that SS submit their Monopolize during the day, and then it goes into effect before the lynch. So it is unstoppable, unless the Major Special deactivates the prior day. Monopolize is unstoppable for this round if ScorchingSands choose to exercise it. I suggested we could maybe stop it now by killing Katika, and that is not true.

However.
Scorching could be changing our Influence today, and given Kati's precarious position, would be justified doing that.
But if they have balls, they holster, and then deploy it when they see a lynch not going their way. In which case, lynching Kati might trigger it, and not lynching Kati means they holster it, and keep it alive for the next round.


Guess what, it acts like one-shot lynch protection, that you do not have to invoke a round in advance, but minutes before the lynch, and it can protect two or more players at once! Still think Barricade is overpowered?

(can confirm I have received no anonymous communication today, please do not send me your census anonymously)
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Numble
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:37 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Numble »

Rainboy wrote:
Mendel wrote:Make a fake discord account and DM me, make an alt forum account and PM me, whatever works

I'll have to check with Hater, but usually I rule anonymous correspondence as a form of code (which encrypts the sender rather than the message) and disallow it. Please refrain from making fake accounts to PM people, at least until I get a chance to speak with Hater on the subject.
Do believe that this against rules. This is my personal stance as permamod.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by HATER »

Rainboy wrote:
Mendel wrote:Make a fake discord account and DM me, make an alt forum account and PM me, whatever works

I'll have to check with Hater, but usually I rule anonymous correspondence as a form of code (which encrypts the sender rather than the message) and disallow it. Please refrain from making fake accounts to PM people, at least until I get a chance to speak with Hater on the subject.
Nope, not permitted.
@HATER would the roleblock have been active at the time the Brutal kill was processed?
Since roleblocks happen in the blocking phase and brutals still happen in the killing phase, yes, any roleblock placed on Numble in the night would have been active at the time brutal hit.



Also, Retaliate defaults to Not Used each round if no target is declared. The only way a brutal would become randomized is if its controller specifically requested it.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by Mendel »

About Barren Frosts
If you peeked a BF player, they will look like one of yours. They will know everything you know (well, everything the host sent you).
The person in your realm who tells you BF are not a threat could be the player planning to kill your best player and take their abilities. We lost our shaman, and that sucks badly, but it would suck even more if we knew that BarrenFrosts had acquired that ability.
-- ScorchingSands: permanent secret vote, extra Influence robbery
-- Desolate falls: tough doctor
-- Retribution: Necromancer with the zombie redirect

but hey, even a simple tough is a useful asset, and so is extra protection (can you say "Unkillable by night"?)

so be cautious
* get their Influence levels back to R1. There were realm tallies posted, and when you find a member with a conflicting role claim, you can do the sums and maybe find one that doesn't work out (TD had 18 on R2 start).
* if you can, try to get them to override a minor or major special. This takes a round to verifiy, so if it isn't a new member, they could still kill you.
* if they peeked you, they're confirmed. If you peeked them, be wary.
* if you connected via realm peek, you are safe


Desolate Falls
they are roleblock immune, they can do the poison thing, our poison immune guy died :-(
so they'll not headshot me, just poison me

Retribution
with their major revealed, about as bad as DFalls

Scorching Sands
I talked about Scorching Sands in my previous post, I'd want to get them either down to two, or force them to use their special, since all influence you gain from merch and kills before they use it gets lost when they activate it. So making them use it early is in our best interest.

Twisted Depths
no killing power, high defense, tanks. Take out in endgame.
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
Mendel
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by Mendel »

DFalls, I learned that Headshot will still trigger a curse, so no using that to defend against a wizard
feel free to waste it on me uninhibitedly
no discord as well as you think you can't mate
User avatar
wertydoo
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 2 Day ends 21:00 GMT Tuesday]

Post by wertydoo »

Mendel wrote:Defibrilation players already know I like to post a huge analysis in the morning.
This time around, you already know my faction. :P
Liquid Rage wrote:Round 2 Night has Ended.

Mendel Nightkilled
Mendel Survived

Numble Brutalized
Numble Survived

Day 3 has begun.
1. why go after the obvious target and NK me? :doh:


2. in b4 misinformation (you know who)
-- to use Brutal, you need to be killed
-- the only player killed this round was Blaze
-- therefore, Blaze used Brutal
-- the only player in Twisted Depths who can use Brutal is the Assassin/Shaman
-- Therefore, Blaze was the Shaman
-- therefore, Twisted Depth no longer has a Shaman
-- therefore, TD has lost all access to killing power except Curse (hah) and nightkill

and Numble, my best guess is that Numble didn't submit and the Brutal was randed
if I had known you were the target, we would have roleblocked you
@HATER would the roleblock have been active at the time the Brutal kill was processed?

3. our realm, Twisted Depths, is now completely defensive (as I have always claimed)

4. TD never controlled the lynch, I was robbed tonight (a s predicted) and since we didnt get lynch kill influence or nightkill influence we are now no longer even top 2 in influence

5. The top two Influence realms are likely BFrosts and SSands
a) BF because making lots of fake connections and being connected themselves
b) SS because
-- finding each other early over Sweedys claim / Katikas claim now (+gifts)
-- being low on R1, making lynch and NK influence bonus
-- full connection
I wouldn't be surprised if Sweedy was their wizard, and that they could have connected up last round if they hadn't been lynched. If they trigger the rewrite today, they were not the top realm today (because why do it when you are controlling the lynch naturally)

If you have a census, please contact me or post publicly, I would love to analyse it.
Make a fake discord account and DM me, make an alt forum account and PM me, whatever works


6. BF and SS unlocked their majors (like I predicted)

7. Influence total comes up to 100 today.
-- Base Inf = 20, + 20 R0 gifts, +20 R1 gifts, +18 R2 gifts = 78
-- there were 11 connections made, 7 on R1, 4 on R2
-- we (TwistedD) accounts for 2 of these
-- Retribution accounts for at most 2 of these (1 on assassin who loses peek, 1 on wizard because 2 means major unlocks and it didnt)
-- DFalls, BFrost, SSand have at least 2 each
-- and one connection extra which must be on DFalls because they are the only realm of these that still have 4 players
-- which could mean full connections all around (except for Retribution)
-- except
-- BF made some infiltrations and your realms are really not as well connected as you thought they were
-- in fact, if you are Retribution or DFalls or SSand and not connected, you know your realm was probably infiltrated, and you should go warn somebody (well it may be it's not your realm, but somebody elses, I haven't checked all of the possibilities yet)
-- if you are BF and not connected, you know that as well, but it should give you joy, and you should keep quiet

You see that watching who is connected and who is still single is an important issue; not so much last round, but very important this round. (Now who brought this up last round?)

I predicted that TD was not going to lead influence for long, and I was correct.



If your are DFalls or Retribution, I told you that BF or SS would dominate you if you didn't act, and you didn't act and your position has worsened significantly. I put everything out there. I am not an idiot nor a blabbermouth. Why didn't everyone of you contact me to talk, question my asumptions, coordinate this shit on R0 or R1? Get the early game done, go straight to midgame with 3 factions. We're struggling to reach this now, with R2 lynch and NK on us and not on BF/SS. You brought this upon yourselves. Did the smart players all rand (randomly draw) SS and BF roles this game? Looking at the R1 vote, I refuse to believe that, but did you really let yourself swayed by the reasoning from the likes of Cruxell and Ultor? W T F ?
Rant over.

One thing that BF can't do is override the minor and major specials. So if you ask them to do that, they can't. This is how you can spot a BF player. Or you get your unconnected player to tell you their role, but you can't really verify.
An Infiltration forged in R1 can call in the kill/power still on this round.

Twisted Depths can't be infiltrated now (unless we choose to), so their special isn't a threat. My gambit gave us that at least (thanks Blaze :cry: ).
Lynch isn't much of a threat, again because we got connected early. (don't you wish you had been connected now, Blaze? :? )
So we are in this fortified position because my gambit worked out, and I am happy about that.
But we can still be killed, headshot me unlocks the lynch again, or lynch someone who's not expecting it (easier mid/late game when teams are apparent, you have a 1/1 chance to hit the barricade now, but only 1/3 if you try it later), and of course night kills can work if you do not go after the obvious target (also much easier later).
I told you we'll keep, you did the exact opposite. Well played, BF and SS.
Am I playing with a bunch of recalcitrant children, and not intelligent adults who can actually evaluate (and discuss?) the logic of my statements? :facepalm:
I guess paranoia makes stupid.

Now onto the best and most biased analysis post so far today, Katika's.
Spoiler!
Katika VS wrote:
Liquid Rage wrote:Barren Frosts:
Major Special - Coup: A Barren Frosts citizen that has infiltrated a realm may kill any player in that realm that they have been connected to for at least two rounds, stealing any powers the killed player had if successful and severing any remaining connections with that Realm. May be used once per round.
I don't see this being too big a deal tbh, as long as everyone is careful about who they're connected with. There's no real verification method outside of roleblock/wizard, however.
Liquid Rage wrote:Scorching Sands:
Major Special - Monopolize: Re-arrange all Influence in the game before Influence is locked this round. Each player must have at least 1 Influence and no individual player may have more than 20% of the Influence in the game (rounded down). (Yes, this is a one-time use ability)
Ok, so influence doesn't really matter this round. I don't see Sands waiting to use this, as they'd risk losing one of their own during the night cycle and finding themselves unable to use it. It's a pain in the ass, but mitigated by merchants (Especially since merchants scale directly with the power of whoever they're stealing from)
Liquid Rage wrote:Twisted Depths:
Major Special - Barricade: Select a player to be immune to the following round's lynch. May be used once per round. This Special makes all connected players immune to lynch on the round following its activation, and the public activation post is delayed by one round.
Oh boyyyyyyy. One of them will always be immune to lynch. I'd bank on it being Mendel for this round, given, errr, me lol. This is the one I'm most worried about, as they could be effectively immune to lynch if they play their cards right.
Liquid Rage wrote:Desolate Falls:
Major Special - Headshot: Select a player, living or dead, to entirely remove from the game. The selected player will be unable to be targeted or revived by any mechanic, and may no longer post or PM any other players. This power cannot be stopped by any mechanic in the game, but may only be used once.
~shrugs~ It's an unconditional kill. I mean, that's cool, but strictly speaking there's nothing that can really be done about it. I find the wording interesting, though, as it hints that Retribution might have a revive for their Major Special c:
_________________

Personally, I find Twisted Depths the most frightening rn. Yes, it has to be turned in on the previous round (Which means they have to see the wagon coming) but that's basically the only way to make it not /completely/ OP lol. The ways we can get around it are:

1. Get a wagon off on an unsuspecting Depths player.
2. Sneak a NK in while they're not looking.

This means our (Or at least my) top priority for this round is to identify the other two Twisted Depths players. Desolate Falls, if you're listening, I'd actually encourage you to use your Headshot ability on Mendel, as it will completely deactivate the Twisted Depths Major Special.
Re: BarrenFrosts
-- "There's no real verification method outside of roleblock/wizard" -- yes, override minor/major. We will roleblock a suspect, nobody asked last round. (I'd also guess that anyone who makes TwistedD out to be the major threat is not on your team.)

Re: SS
-- "Ok, so influence doesn't really matter this round" -- yes it does, lynch is decided on current influence before rewrite, and if SS are at the top (likely), they won't rewrite
-- "mitigated by merchants" -- well yes, except on the round they trigger it, it rewrites the merchant income I guess? why do I get the feeling I am playing against the hosts here, that I lose if I don't ask the right questions? so this is another reason why they might want to trigger later, also get merchants to use up their census one-shots (now what about if we had a player offering to coordinate because their realm has the information advantage and no killing power to speak of? oh wait)(yes I am a bit salty)(scratch that, it's a lot)

so Katika is most likely SS, I have asked @HOST if we can stop the special by lynching or otherwise killing her, since the description seems to indicate it is processed after Influence Unlock, hence after "realm power activation", so if we can deactivate the major, it does no longer exist when it would need to be processed. @HOST, do the rules allow to stop/block/thwart a submitted "Monopolize" by deactivating the SS Major special?

I started R2 by voting Katika. If you'd joined me, you wouldn't have this problem.

TwistedD
-- "effectively immune to lynch if they play their cards right" -- I am, my team mates are not, this will last through midgame, we were vulnerable in early game, and we are vulnerable late. I explained this above, with numbers.
Anyone who telsl you we are OP is trying to manipulate you.

DesolateFalls
-- "I'd actually encourage you to use your Headshot ability on Mendel" -- you can just kill me late game. Go ask HATER if your headshot can kill a wizard without triggering their Curse, this is your weapon to defend against one of your guys getting doomed, and it should be used for that, or getting rid of an otherwise impregnable player. Find one of my teammates, lynnch them, and TD unravels, using a one-off for that seems like a waste to me. But you do you.

---------------------

Why was/is TD still going after BF and SS?

a) BF steal your powers, to use them. They will be overpowered and not willing to make deals with us. Do not believe Kati when she says that BF wouldn't have been able to connect, your realm may not be as well integrated as you think it is. (or do not listen to me again, I dare you)

b) SS can take all our influence, and having no merch, few ways to get it back. We'll be partially lynch-proof, but also powerless to affect the lynch much. This is not fun, and the way to lose the game. They have nothing to gain by dealing with us.

You also see I was right that revealing the Dfalls Major Special would not have helped anyone in any way.

Is there anything I have posted that was an intentional untruth? Intentionally misleading in way?
(still sorry about misreading the SS major)

I agree with mendel. Every person should proceed with great caution around the people they're connected to. BF and SS could have very strong influence at this point.
With that said, I have a wizards peek. (OH MY GOSH A PUB CLAIM WOOOOAAAAAOOWWW)
In addition to the threat that BF and SS pose, I would argue that DF will also start becoming a problem soon. They undoubtedly are marking high profile targets. They're essentially assassins. I would not take them as a idle realm that can't hurt you. So I'm throwing them under the bus.
I've peeked Anoddguy as DF.
With this claim,
[vote Anoddguy]
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Image
User avatar
wertydoo
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by wertydoo »

AnOddGuy - 1 - Wertydoo
No Vote - 16 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic, Cap_H, Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Image
User avatar
wertydoo
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by wertydoo »

Code: Select all

AnOddGuy - 1 - Wertydoo
No Vote - 16 - Katika VS, Ultor, Patrick, MMage, Emziek, Cruxell, ARSENIC, AnOddGuy, WaywardVole, UnwaveringGrey, Mystic, Cap_H,  Lawliet, Mendel, Maki, Numble
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Image
User avatar
WaywardVole
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WW XXVII: The Remnants of Boswell [Round 3 Day ends 21:00 GMT Thursday]

Post by WaywardVole »

There's a lot of info to process from the previous night, but what strikes me offhand is this - 4/5 factions have their special, Retribution does not. Might it be in everyone else's best interests to kill enough of them off to prevent them from reaching it?
Post Reply

Return to “Finished Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests