View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are no pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
nD*** Jail Member

#556 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
Mendel wrote:
Spoiler: show
Roster Run

0. HATER
Thanks for having me!
You've been a good and supportive host through all my questions and troubles.
Would sign up again.
(Dude also played an excellent game of mafia in the championships)

1. Styx
good strategist
45 minute interview with me on DM
"you call this waste I call this bonding"
bonding is not stressful af :-P
you can be on my team any day

2. Blaze
your gut feels are unrivalled
I made you a certificate

3. Mystic
you were thrust into a difficult situation and came up with a good solution
which handed katika and romeo to Romeo
I would have enjoyed seeing you play longer than this

4. Cruxell
still don't know much about you
made that nice colorful roster R2 that I appropriated, thank you

5. JTc
fine scum mate and fake cop

6. Numble
overall nice guy and good player, because you were the "master manipulator" the last time this setup was played, I overestimated you here

7. Romeo
thrust in a difficult situation heading up the informed town minority
apologies for riding you so hard, wouldn't normally have done that
if you now think I am an arsehole I totally understand
when you started our private chat with "i trust you" (which was a lie) you pissed me off tho

8. Katika VS
best benevolent goddess ever
would have you on my scum team any day
must talk about creationism and christianity and big bang sometime
Queen of the game

9. Draichrog
didn't see enough of you except claiming cop too early
not sure what was behind that play so I dunno

10. Lawliet
most talkative scum buddy, sorry Mystic had your number
you helped me most in finding my bearings
and your advice was always sound

11. Thierry Henry#CR7
11. Dangan
play more
this game is more fun when you do
especially as villager

12. Patrick
dude you are on the level
still don't know why my scum team killed you
you are a joy to talk with even when we suspect each other

13. Emziek
not happy about your attempt to patronize me
though it may have been justified
but in the end you lost
this time anyway

14. Ultor
i still don't know if your BS advice is strategy or just you
you're nice to talk to though
I may have overestimated you
but I like you

15. Wertydoo
most awesome honorary mafia ever
and a nice guy to talk to
and an overall good player
also a joy to talk to even when suspecting each other
even more joy being on the same team with you

16. Mendel
had a really rough start to this environment,
most of my complaints were more or less true
was only able to see 30 minutes before r1 end after being away for 11 hours before that
took a lot more of my time than i had budgeted and what would have been good for me
awesome experience tho
worth it

P.S. my random read list was actually random, rolled once, never modified (and decided upon before the game started). Hope you didn't spend too much time figuring angles on that. ;-P

well played dude.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:24 am

#557 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
Shadi wrote:

However it's so built into this community and I feel like if it were to be restricted at this point people would just abuse the restriction or loosely break the rule. It's the players' responsibility to convey the important information which should be public onto the thread here where everyone will (should) certainly see it. In addition to that, I think players here actually like it but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure.

I'd like to think the players here could refrain from PMing in a game where it was strictly against the rules. I think the players would try their best, and if encouraged to be vigilant about reminding each other not to pm about a certain game, I think it would work out just fine without any rulebreaking. Maybe I'm a little idealistic, but I'm fairly sure most of the people we play with have a good amount of integrity and wouldn't deliberately try to abuse it.

As for the second point, you're right that many players here enjoy the freedom of pming and the many layers it brings to the game. Games in which PMs are allowed can still be active and exciting as long as everyone is participating and on the same page.

Personally, I don't mind either style, and would like to see a good mix of both go on in our community.

ImageImage

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:01 am
Profile WWW

#558 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
Fuck this game.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:56 am

#559 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
HATER wrote:

-Mafia and SK will kill village players until the game reaches a 1 SK 1 maf 1 villager situation, at which point the SK will concede a victory to the mafia team, leaving mafia at parity with village, thus winning the game.

Ergo, I am calling the game in favor of the mafia team.

I get the logic behind this, but why would the SK concede the victory to the mafia? Can't he stab the last remaining mafia?
HATER wrote:
I See You Award: The SK and Mafia teams, who peeked each other simultaneously R2 and decided to work together.

Were they told that they were peeked by the other party, or did they just decide to tell the other person that they peeked them? Quite an interesting plot twist tbh.

Kudos to Mystic for his excellent strategy! I thought that there was a possibility that he would leave out player B, instead only claim to player A. As it turns out, he claimed to both plus another player. Both A and B being mafia sort of turned to our advantage.

Romeo, might I ask who all claimed doctor to you? You said there were three claims, so I reckon it must've been me, Emziek and Mendel. Also who all protected Katika when she was overdosed? All 3 doc/med roles or just 2?

Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:09 pm

#560 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
Cruxell wrote:
Romeo, might I ask who all claimed doctor to you? You said there were three claims, so I reckon it must've been me, Emziek and Mendel. Also who all protected Katika when she was overdosed? All 3 doc/med roles or just 2?

Emziek, you and JTc. I told all 3 to protect her. JTc probably told the med to protect her as well because he didnt want me to be suspicious, because he had an idea that I wanted to OD her.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:40 pm

#561 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
Cruxell wrote:
HATER wrote:

-Mafia and SK will kill village players until the game reaches a 1 SK 1 maf 1 villager situation, at which point the SK will concede a victory to the mafia team, leaving mafia at parity with village, thus winning the game.

Ergo, I am calling the game in favor of the mafia team.

I get the logic behind this, but why would the SK concede the victory to the mafia? Can't he stab the last remaining mafia?

Yes, mechanically the SK could force a win in his favor, but wertydoo offered to concede the game. I think he likes the idea of a player new to this site winning this game. ;)

Quote:
HATER wrote:
I See You Award: The SK and Mafia teams, who peeked each other simultaneously R2 and decided to work together.

Were they told that they were peeked by the other party, or did they just decide to tell the other person that they peeked them? Quite an interesting plot twist tbh.

Well, we peeked werty, and JTc contacted him, and then werty contacted me saying, "I need to talk to you and JTc". This was early in R3. We decided to contact the SK because by that point we were unable to win the game on our own, and offered werty the win should he join us and help fight village.

Quote:

JTc was the mafia who claimed medic. We did not target Katika as we hoped Romeo would be trying to test doctors and only told two to overdose her, but he played it safe and so she died anyway.

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:34 pm

#562 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
HATER wrote:
Awards Time!

WTF Award: Draichrog for claiming publicly R1 after acting the scummiest I've ever seen a cop play
WTF Award II: JTc for counterclaiming cop in private to mystic when he could easily have stayed out of suspicion
WTF Award III: Mystic, for not simply claiming that JTc was their counterclaim (at which point the village could just not lynch either cop claim -- the mafia couldn't nk the real cop without revealing their teammate and then plus there's the fun possibility that the fake gets killed by SK or overdose)
WTF Award IV: Lawliet and Kat for not simply playing along with mystic's plan and naming a hapless villager for a guaranteed mislynch instead of getting themselves both killed by staying silent.
WTF Award V: Romeo, for posting all of the town's private information and plans in the open on Round 3
WTF Award VI: The mafia team, for overthinking romeo's reveal horribly making most of the wrong R3 calls
WTF Award VII: The village team, for putting werty in their "confirmed town" server
WTF Award VIII: Werty, who had a conversation in the "confirmed village" discord for like 10 minutes before realizing it wasn't the private mafia/sk server

"Hey y'all, hold my beer." - Everyone

Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:20 pm

#563 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
HATER wrote:
WTF Award VI: The mafia team, for overthinking romeo's reveal horribly making most of the wrong R3 calls

On re-reading it, I think this is actually mostly my award :facepalm:

it made so much sense tho, Romeo claiming the peek only after Mystic did, Draich claiming cop to save him, and somehow the lynch hitting neither of them, but Ultor, and all of the mind games: it all seemed motivated by the desire to hide Romeo's cop role. It would've made so much sense! Brought order to the chaos that was round 1! I felt good the whole day because I thought I had solved the game!

And if Romeo was the doc, Emziek had to be a decoy. Styx claiming deputy on discord before round 2 ended? I still don't understand that play. Apparently it worked tho, since Styx survived. Never underestimate the power of a good WTF to mislead the enemy!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:53 pm

#564 Post Re: Mafia XXXXI: Defibrilation (Redux) R3 ends 8 PM EDT Wednesday Isolate
HATER wrote:
Unluckeeee Award: Mystic, for randomly picking two mafia members to tell who the 3rd mafia member they found was.

I think it goes underappreciated that Mystic picked the SK to talk the strategy over with, and that werty said
Quote:
Also I would like to ask now
Im kind of playing carry towny right now
So dont allow me to be among your two
Because i already have a lot of pressure

with the result of
Quote:
Mystic - I notified a 3rd user of the 2 names I dished out initially, so that if people start claiming i was contacted by mystic while my real contacts are dead, and can't respond, that 3rd guy is there to say: BUT WAIT, you are the only one with this info
or maybe not... :^)

Brian - I assume thts not me since I didnt get two names

Mystic - nope, i left u out, as per your request

Wertydoo could have been the third informant, potentially making Mystics picks be Mafia Trainee, Mafia Hitman, Serial Killer!

Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38