03: MMage
04: Saint Emz
05: Wertydoo
06: Leoky
07: Katika VS
08: Freddy
09: Dee Dee
10: JTc

Please Read The Full Post Before Joining.

Game Type: Open
Round Type: Speedplay
Game Start: Village Vote
R0 Peeks: Freewill (Players may select their own R0 peek)
Action Timestamp: Host Appearance
Lynch Type: Delayed Majority (rounds end when a player maintains a majority (defined as number of mafia players plus one) of the available votes for 24 hours; 7 day maximum)
No LynchSuicide: Not Allowed
Death Reveal: Full Role Reveal

This game is an incredibly simple setup with quite amusing implications. It's quite easy, really: there are only two roles. You're either a cop, or a robber. Half the game plus one will be cops, and the remainder will be robbers.

Cop - Able to peek for target's role. Gains a double peek for R0, a single peek for R1, and no peek for R2.
Robber - Able to select two players each round (also doubled for R0). If one target peeks the other, the peek is blocked (returns no results).

For example, in a 10 player game, we would have 6 cops and 4 robbers while an 11 player game would yield 6 cops and 5 robbers.

For the first two rounds of the game, a normal lynch will be held and the village will lose if they lynch a Cop (due to parity). On the third round, instead of voting for a lynch, the players will vote to promote a player to Judge. The Judge may deliberate with the remaining players for up to two days and must then publicly post a list of the evil players in the game. If the Judge correctly names all of the Robbers in the game, the village wins; otherwise the village loses.

Order of Actions: Lynch -> NK -> Block -> Peeks

Additional Mechanics:
If no player has a majority of the votes in a round after one week's time, the mafia team will automatically win.
If a Robber is elected Judge, the mafia team will automatically win.
All peeks and blocks must be submitted during R0. That is, all Cops (and Robbers) will give me three (or six) names of players they wish to peek and block (two for R0, one R1) and I will give the peeks out in the order they were submitted each round.
Conditional peeks and blocks are not allowed. However, duplicate actions are allowed.
R0 will last until all actions have been submitted, or a maximum of 3 days.
When a player dies, all players who elected to peek that player will instead receive a random peek from the players who are still alive at that time. (This includes players who peek the current round's lynch or nightkill target)
If what would be a dead peek is blocked due to a block on the peeker and dead target, a random peek will not be given.
Random peeks will not overlap with previous or future peeks, and will not randomly select a blocked path unless there is no other path available.
If we get a large number of players, I may delay the election of a Judge by one round to R4.

Activity:
Given the nature of this game, a high level of activity is required and a single AFK can easily lose the game for his team. I don't at all mind a small game; however, if you do join, you are making a commitment to be highly active. I understand that unforeseen events may cause you to need to drop, but I do expect you to be verbose about your situation with me and not just drop off the map.
There will be no inactivity modkills this game, as a single modkill will upset the careful balance of the game. That said, I expect daily activity from my players and will not hesitate to replace players who have not posted in the thread for at least three days.
Any players who has not fulfilled their actions during R0 will be modkilled. If more mafia players are modkilled, random cops will be promoted to the mafia to compensate. If more villagers are modkilled such that the mafia team reaches parity, a full reroll will occur and I will grumble heavily.
I reserve the right to refuse players who have shown themselves to be generally inactive in the past, and will prevent such players from joining this game. If you aren't sure if you fall into that category, feel free to PM me to save yourself the potential embarrassment of being removed from my game.
I expect everyone to read the rules, including this activity section. In addition to posting [in], I will require all players to make a pledge of activity to me via PM to prove that they understand their increased responsibilities this game. Posts which request an [in] but are not accompanied by such a PM will be silently ignored. If you can't be bothered to read, I can't be bothered to reply.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
[email protected] *

Re: Mafia 4X: Cops and Robbers

Post by [email protected] * »

i will read it later... [IN]
Hunie

Post by Hunie »

Lol that's brutal.
Numble

Post by Numble »

Interesting concept. I don't really see any gamebreaking mechanics. Just a question though, since we're playing parity, there will be no nk correct?
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

Numble wrote:Interesting concept. I don't really see any gamebreaking mechanics. Just a question though, since we're playing parity, there will be no nk correct?
There will be a normal NK during R1 and R2 to allow the mafia to maintain parity threat with the village while they lynch. If there wasn't a normal NK, village would be able to lynch a Cop R2 without losing. I could stipulate that the village just loses if they lynch a Cop, but I think it's actually better for village with the NK since they will get info from it.
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

Made some revisions to the setup specifically aimed at preventing the village from publicly coordinating peeks and preventing the mafia from bandwagoning some poor Cop the second the village places a bad vote. Signups are officially open. I still consider this game to be in an experimental state as I was hoping to have another few days to muck with it. Ah well.

Let's see if we can aim to start this up on Monday, January 15th. That'll give me a solid week to hammer out problems (or abandon the setup entirely). Don't forget to read the first post for further instructions on what to do if you wish to join.
Styx

Post by Styx »

[in]
I think we girls are bitches, even though I am one --------------
HATER

Post by HATER »

Leoky wrote:i will read it later... [IN]
Rainboy wrote:I expect all to read the rules, including this activity section. In addition to posting [in], I will require all players to make a pledge of activity to me via PM to prove that they understand their increased responsibilities this game. In posts which are not accompanied by such a PM will be ignored.

>.<
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
HATER

Post by HATER »

In other news:

[in]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
MMage

Post by MMage »

Prepare to have your expectations thoroughly underwhelmed.

[in]
Spoiler!
I have to make up for rain giving me a shitty award somehow >.>
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

#MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IN]
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
Numble

Post by Numble »

wertydoo wrote:#MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IN]
did you read the requirements to participate in this game?
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Numble wrote:
wertydoo wrote:#MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[IN]
did you read the requirements to participate in this game?
I don't know how to read.
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
HATER

Post by HATER »

wertydoo wrote: I don't know how to read.

Good, you'll fit in with 80% of players here.

ImageImage
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

wertydoo wrote:I don't know how to read.
Into the fray!
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Finished Games”