View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next
Friend of the Community

#136 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Rainboy wrote:
HATER wrote:
Keep in mind that you must post at least once a round or you will be up for modkill. There's 48 hours in every round -- plenty of time to post.

If you have not posted since Round 1 started, please post in the following 24 hours or risk a modkill.

Risk? Last I checked it was a hard set rule that modkill happened.

Amazing what a herd of AFKs will do to a host's resolve. ;)

Damn Rainboy, first you defy his authority by using the green color and now you're questioning his statements. Putting him in a deadlock I see. That's why I love you.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:25 pm

#137 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Beep boop.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:02 pm

#138 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
[vote NumBle] - due to the fact of you being very active. Normally, If you were a villager, you would keep your identity low. This is proven by looking at this game: viewtopic.php?f=183&t=26091 (playing as a villager).

I think I broke my nose again... facepalm so hard it's bleeding right now.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:07 pm

#139 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Gerty y u no work, rehash nub, do job properluy x9 report gerty pl0x

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:12 pm

#140 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
K0ntRa wrote:
NumBle wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Been busy lately, and still am, so I'm probably going to be a bit quieter this game.
About the game; I don't think random voting will do as much good as everyone participating has played WW before. Although, having 8/17 mafia has it's bright side too, if we vote someone randomly, the chances of him being mafia are 47.06%. We've gotta lynch or else we lose the game, so I say we vote out somebody new or mostly AFK.

Thing is, we don't lynch, mafias shoot people and we lose 2 villagers. I personally am willing to risk those 47.06% of lynching a mafia rather than just no lynch the heck outta of this game. It would even prove useful to create random bandwagons to see who's protecting who and how can that be of correlation between those players. Odds are either they know what are their roles or are related(mafia).

Yeah that's what I said in the last couple of sentences.

@HATER, will everybody who haven't made a grp by the end of this round be modkilled, or will they be given another chance?

Most likely everyone -- unless there are special circumstances and I have reason to believe you aren't afk (for instance, if you have pmed me beforehand saying you may be inactive for a certain round and you are otherwise an active and reliable player, I may be less inclined to modkill you).

If anyone is modkilled for inactivity, they will replaced as soon as possible with another player, if possible.

ImageImage

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

#141 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
nobody voted for him so i'll go with that just to be balanced [vote WaywardVole]

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:42 pm

#142 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
*Sigh*
I'm not gonna be online 3-4 hours before round end, so I'll [vote Panda] now. The thing is, it's tied between SiX and Panda at the moment (Panda would be lynched anyway but still) and I doubt it will change significantly as the round ends soon. I'd prefer that Panda gets lynched because he is new (played only 1 game prior to this if I'm not mistaken) and has only 1 grp (game-related post) other than the first post [in]. We've gotta lynch somebody and better be an AFK guy then a pro and a nazi.

The problem about this game is that there's not 2 (main) teams as usual, instead there's 3 which makes it very tricky for the villies to spot voting patterns. Hypothetically, if Panda flipped mafia, we won't be able to trust people who voted him anything more than we trust them now. As far we know, they might be mafia too.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:54 pm

#143 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
K0ntRa wrote:
*Sigh*
I'm not gonna be online 3-4 hours before round end, so I'll [vote Panda] now. The thing is, it's tied between SiX and Panda at the moment (Panda would be lynched anyway but still) and I doubt it will change significantly as the round ends soon. I'd prefer that Panda gets lynched because he is new (played only 1 game prior to this if I'm not mistaken) and has only 1 grp (game-related post) other than the first post [in]. We've gotta lynch somebody and better be an AFK guy then a pro and a nazi.

The problem about this game is that there's not 2 (main) teams as usual, instead there's 3 which makes it very tricky for the villies to spot voting patterns. Hypothetically, if Panda flipped mafia, we won't be able to trust people who voted him anything more than we trust them now. As far we know, they might be mafia too.

Wait a sec... home come Panda would be lynched anyway? You do realize that the round only ends in the next 7 hours (give or take). That's more than enough for anyone else to build up a bandwagon + since mafias have access to con man, politian and vote savant odds are that they lynch whoever they want.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:28 pm

#144 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
NumBle wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
*Sigh*

Wait a sec... home come Panda would be lynched anyway? You do realize that the round only ends in the next 7 hours (give or take). That's more than enough for anyone else to build up a bandwagon + since mafias have access to con man, politian and vote savant odds are that they lynch whoever they want.

It's less than 7 hours, and most of that time is gonna be night hours while most of the poeple (if not all) here are Europeans. Also, the game hasn't been too spicy until now, so I doubt that we will have a good target within the next 7 hours.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:33 pm

#145 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Welp, Six voted. Sorry I haven't checked in a while. Secondly, why the heck are we intentionally voting people because they're new? That seems harsh. Meta sure has changed since I last checked.

"Welcome to Werewolf, now go die."

[vote WaywardVole]

From what I've read of past games, you're generally on top of things. Why haven't you cast a vote yet?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:38 pm

#146 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Rainboy wrote:

[vote WaywardVole]

From what I've read of past games, you're generally on top of things. Why haven't you cast a vote yet?

Rainboy: one part offline events, one part new type of mafia game, let sit for three days then stir.
___

That said, I have been following the thread and debating whether or not anyone can really "look suspicious" at this point. Per usual, voting No Lynch will only hurt us, but K0ntRa has a point when he says two mafia teams makes finding dubious voting patterns difficult.

I suppose then, as with most R1 lynches, it will come down to a dice roll. (Provided we can't lynch Hater and his fetish for green text.) From that, I'll just [vote Voro's poulo] for now. Nothing personal - you voted me and I have nothing better to go off of.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:53 pm

#147 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Rainboy wrote:
Secondly, why the heck are we intentionally voting people because they're new? That seems harsh. Meta sure has changed since I last checked.

QFT

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 pm
nD*** Jail Member

#148 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]

Spoiler: show

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 pm

#149 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]

I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.

@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:27 pm

#150 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate

ImageImage

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 30  Next