View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 7 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next

#1 Post[Mafia Win] [S2] Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Hello, and welcome to Assassins XII: Power up!

It's a pretty standard mafia game with just a few twists: First off, there's two mafia teams. Fun fun fun!

To keep things a little interesting, every player, regardless of alignment will choose ONE base power from the list below.

Base Powers (chosen Round 0 by all mafia and village power roles, Normal Villagers start with Immunity and may switch to a different base power anytime before R2 ends):

Politician: +1 to voting power. Passively consumes this power to survive 1 lynch. [Passive] (Shamelessly stolen from Mage's Assassins II game)

Soothsayer: Vote counts as -1 and may vote and speak after death. Player's alignment will not be revealed publicly upon death. A Soothsayer after death may not communicate with other dead players, only the living. If a soothsayer's grave is quieted by a Pathologist, they become a normal dead player. [Passive]

Poison: May poison one player. A player that is poisoned will die one round after if they do not have the Immunity base power. Players that are poisoned will be cured if the doctor targets them before they die. If a player has a Blast Shield activated on them at the time of death, the progression of the poison will be paused until the Blast Shield wears off. [Targeted]

Brutal: May brutalize one player after death, roleblocking and attempting to kill them the round after. Ignores doc protection, but may be roleblocked. [Targeted]

Immunity: Player is permanently immune to poison, roleblocks, frames, and peeks (shows up as simply "immune" to a cop or Don). Has no effect on tracks. All normal villagers start with this, but may switch to any other base power before R2 ends. [Passive]

Fortitude: Player will survive one nightkill attempt. Does not apply to lynch or poison. [Passive]

Spiritborne: Player may communicate directly with dead players. [Passive]

Blast Shield: Player is given two shots of a Blast Shield to use on himself or another player. Blast Shield will protect from any form of death except lynch the round it is activated. Once a player has been shielded, they may not be shielded again. [Targeted]

Vote Savant: May "store up" unused votes across rounds. +2 is added to the vote savant's voting power for every round that their final vote does not result in a lynch on its target. When the Vote Savant's votes end up up lynching a player, they are used up. The vote savant may store an unlimited amount of unused votes, but per round, they may not use more than 4 (for a total vote weight of 5 or a minimum of -2 if the player has a negative voting power). [Passive]

Insight: May peek a player each round to discover their base power and track them, seeing which players they targeted that round. May target a dead player with this power to find out their full role, or on a dead soothsayer to find out their alignment. A peek on an Immune target will result in a random non-immune base power being shown. A second use of Insight on an Immune will reveal the player's true base power, however. [Targeted]

Hinder: May roleblock 3 targets per game. ALL roleblocks are applied simultaneously. Passive powers are not blockable, but targeted actions are. Charges of X-shot abilities are refunded if the ability is roleblocked and therefore unable to be used. A player is always notified if they were rolebocked, even if it did not block any action. [Targeted]

Village Roles:

Cop: May peek 1 living player each round for alignment. Returns "Village", "Mafia 1", or "Mafia 2". [Targeted]
Doctor: May choose one player to protect from harm in the night. May not protect same target twice consecutively. [Targeted]
Vigilante: May attempt to shoot 2 players during the game. [Targeted]

Mafia

There will be two separate mafia teams of size 4 each. They will each get to pick from the following list of roles for their team. They may not pick a role more than once per team.

Mafia Role Pool:

Spoiler: show
Godfather: Appears as a normal villager to any Cop or Don who peeks him. This is a passive power, not affected by roleblocking. [Passive]
Don++: May receive a full investigation each round on a player, including their role, alignment, and base power, and also tracks and watches them (sees who they targeted and who targeted them). The Track and Watch are not affected by immunity, but the peek is. [Targeted]
Vixen: May choose two players per round to frame AND roleblock, causing them to appear aligned with the same team as the Vixen to any peekers AND voiding any targeted actions from this player. This has no effect on immune players. A player is always notified if they were rolebocked, even if it did not block any action. [Targeted]
Crooked Medic: May choose one player to protect from harm in the night. [Targeted]
Pathologist: Sees a player's role and base power upon death. May choose to hide a player's alignment death reveal ONCE per game. Also, may "quiet" the grave of any dead player ONCE, causing them to be unable to speak to Spiritborne (or permanently silencing them if they are a Soothsayer). [Passive + Targeted]
Con Man: +1 to voting power and cannot be roleblocked via any means. [Passive]
Hitman: Once per game, may shoot 1 player in addition to the mafia team's normal kill. This is an armor-piercing shot, ignoring all "layers" of protection (blast shield, fortitude, doc/medic protection, or toughness). [Targeted]
Infector: May poison 3 (4 with poison base power) players per game (maximum of two targets per night). A player that is poisoned will die one round after if they do not have the Immunity base power. Players that are poisoned will be cured if the doctor targets them before they die. If a player has a Blast Shield activated on them at the time of death, the progression of the poison will be paused until the Blast Shield wears off. [Targeted]
Tough Trainee: Will take the role of the first mafia member to die, adding their base power to his own. Will survive one action that would otherwise kill him. [Passive]

All decisions and actions must be sent via PM to the host.

Notes:

-Trainee does NOT refund abilities that were used at the time of death of the person he's replacing (for instance, if he replaces a Hitman who shot before they died, the trainee will NOT get a new shot when they replace the hitman).
-Insight peeks on a dead soothsayer godfather will return the godfather's true alignment, not "Village".
-A player is always notified if they were roleblocked, even if it did not block any action.

Order of actions:

Lynch -> Roleblocks* (simultaneous) -> Blast shield -> Brutal (from a player who died the previous round) -> Doctor Protection**-> Poison (Application) -> Hitman Shot -> Vigilante shot -> Mafia (faction) Shot -> Poison (Kill from previously applied poison) -> Pathologist Actions -> Peeks -> Watches/Tracks

*includes Vixen frame
**includes Crooked Medic

R0 Order of actions:

Mafia Role choices confirmed -> R0 Peeks sent -> Base powers confirmed -> r0 hospitalize happens

---------------------

So, just to recap: The differences in this game from the standard style of mafia games boils down to three points:

-Every player gets a base power
-There are two mafia teams fighting against each other and the village. they get to pick which 4 roles they want to have from a pool of possible roles.
-Only alignment is revealed upon death

Common Game Type: Open - All rules are posted in the thread and any player may expect answers to any setup questions they ask.
Common Action Timestamp: No Surprises - Voting and actions are held in tight order. Any votes or actions after the deadline will not be counted, even if the Host hasn’t posted Sunset or Dawn yet. Any action not taken will be lost; the Host will not extend a round or give you a random peek or kill. For example, if lynch time is 3PM, all votes and lists submitted on or before 3:00PM count and all votes or lists submitted on or after 3:01PM will not, even if the Host doesn’t post Sunset until 3:10.
Common Voting Type: Timed Lynch - At the end of a certain amount of time, the player with the most votes is lynched.
Common Tie Breaker: LHLV - In the event of a tie, the player with the Longest Held Last Vote, or LHLV, is lynched. Basically, the player with the most votes just before the tie is lynched. If a player is tied with No Lynch, the player will be lynched regardless of LHLV.
Common Ghost Etiquette: RP Play Style - Once dead, players may post in the thread and join public IRC so long as they don't make game related posts or comments. They may not PM other players about the game or have private conversations on IRC. If you have data that you'd like to share, please, do so before your death. Dead Mafia/Wolf players are given a partial exception and are allowed to PM other Mafia/Wolves. All players are always free to talk with their Host in private IRC or PM.
Common Game Start: Hospitalization - Before the First Round starts, the Wolves/Mafia will choose one player to attack. That player will not be killed, but will be hospitalized and thus can’t vote in the first round.
Common R0 Peeks: Random Negative - Every player who can peek is given a random peek from all players who would return "No" or "Not X" other than the peeker.
Alternate Death Reveal: Alignment Reveal- All players, when they die, will have only their alignment revealed publicly. No other information on roles, powers or anything else is given.

48 hour Speedplay Rounds are in effect.

Modkills: No signs of life for 1 complete 48 hour round, quoting host PMs, ignoring death talking rules.

[signups open]

Base Powers in the game at R2 end:
Politician: 4
Soothsayer: 3
Poison: 1
Brutal: 1
Immunity: 3
Fortitude: 2
Spiritborne: 0
Blast Shield: 0
Vote Savant: 2
Insight: 1
Hinder: 0

ImageImage

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

#2 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[in]
Upon death of a player, will you say which of the two mafia he was member of, or just "mafia"?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm

#3 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
K0ntRa wrote:
[in]
Upon death of a player, will you say which of the two mafia he was member of, or just "mafia"?

Simply "mafia", but good question.

As of recent updates, the two mafia teams will be differentiated as "Mafia (Team 1)" and Mafia (Team 2) .

ImageImage

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

#4 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
This game is set up for 12+ players. Significant roleset changes occur at 16, 18, 19, and 21 players.

This game starts on August 18th if there are 12 or more players.

ImageImage

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

#5 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
I don't browse forums anymore but I'll join if you get remaining players.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 pm

#6 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Interesting premise HATER. I'm [in] .

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:30 am

#7 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco.

I have come to this place, this taco temple, to babysit help Hater with his game.

Because he sucks is a taco.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:31 am

#8 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
MMage wrote:
Taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco taco.

I have come to this place, this taco temple, to babysit help Hater with his game.

Because he sucks is a taco.

r000d

also, [cohost mmage]

ImageImage

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:37 am
Profile WWW

#9 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
WaywardVole wrote:
Interesting premise HATER. I'm [color=#FF0000][color=#FF0000][in] (signups closed) (signups closed)[/color] (signups closed)[/color].
Me too!! [in]

I will be going to a 3-day Festival soon (gone 5 days), so if the game starts around that time then I'm out :)

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:51 pm

#10 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
if we get enough people to join up count me [in]

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:07 am
nD*** Jail Member

#11 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[in]

Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:40 am

#12 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Buffs incoming!

After talking with Mage and Rain a bit, we determined that a few of our base powers were a bit underpowered and needed a little love.

We felt that in a short, bloody game as this one is apt to be, there's simply not enough time for a villager to get information on a mafia in time to kill them with poison. Since poison is also meant as a way counter fortitude, we decided to make poison tick a little faster:

Posion -- now only takes 1 full round to kill instead of 2

We also felt that vote savant wasn't living up to its full potential. It's supposed to be a charge-up to a nearly unstoppable blast, but it takes too long to get there and can often feel underwhelming. We decided to fix that so we can separate the good vote manipulators from the great:

Vote Savant -- +2 voting power stored for each vote on a target that isn't lynched. Cap on amount of stored votes able to use in one round increased to 5 (from 4). MUST VOTE ON A PLAYER TO STORE UP VOTES.

Insight was looking a little weak in the face of immunity, so we've added in a track to it as well, so players can see sho other players targeted in the night.

Insight -- same as before, but also tracks the target.

Prostitute and framer combined into the Vixen -- roleblocks AND frames target player.
Lookout and Don combined into Don++ -- Receives full investigate on target player, including role, alignment, base power, track and watch. The track and the watch are not affected by immunity.

Finally, a small change was made to the godfather role -- now shows up as a normal villager to enemy Dons.

Thanks for joining in patch 12.1 notes of assassins. See ya next time!

ImageImage

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:09 am
Profile WWW

#13 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[in]

Still really busy on weekdays but I will try

Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 pm

#14 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[in], but under duress D:

Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:19 am

#15 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[In]