View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41  Next
Friend of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 646 times
#376 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
i think vig shot is usually last in order, although im not sure what six has planned

btw we can't tell the difference with the shots, only the order they were killed in if SiX does it in a chronological order, for all we know vig already lost one shot and killed Ultor.

_________________
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin


Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#377 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
SiX can I rejoin the game? As I have died and was a villager aligned role. Even if I get a mafia role I will play to the win conditions of the mafia.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#378 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
Tbh you should have modkilled every person that did not post. Also imo in future games hosted on ND every game every player should make a game related post at least every round or be modkilled. As not posting 2 rounds is way too long, kills the game. People do not want 48 hour rounds but people not posting in 2 rounds is ok...

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:51 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:36 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times
#379 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
[Vote k0ntra]
Reading his posts, seems suspicious to me.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
#380 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
@Lawliet: That's an interesting suggestion. It's somewhat risk and the mafia could possibly use this to their advantage, but I do see your point that the doctor could protect him.

In the short term, what the heck are you doing POOOOO? You post an accusation with absolutely nothing to say beyond that, and your posting history shows really no substantial contributions. Why K0ntRa? Because of this, I'll [vote POOOOO] for now.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:39 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 78 times
#381 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
@Lawliet, that plan sounds sweet but it's a bit risky. We might wanna do it in round 4, if we fail to kill a mafia player this round. Also, even if all of the PRs connected, how would they know who's mafia and who is not? Vigilante, you should wait a bit before claiming, I'd wait until more people said if they think this plan is good. For all we know, Lawliet might be mafia trying to trick the vig into claiming. If we find out that Ultor was killed by the hitman and not by the vig - we should definitely study Lawliet's moves a bit.
Quote:
1) If either the doc or the vigilante is AFK, we're screwed. (Doc is afk -> vigilante might die / Vigilante is afk -> the mafia have a better chance in killing him before he gets replaced/active)

Nope, you have mistaken. If the vig is AFK nothing will happen - no harm done. The mafia wont dare to target the vig, and they wont know if the doc is AFK or not.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:48 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 78 times
#382 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
POOOOO wrote:
[Vote k0ntra]
Reading his posts, seems suspicious to me.

Elaborate? What posts seemed suspicious to you?


Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 121 times
#383 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
Lawliet wrote:
@host, what is the order of actions in this game, let's say the mafia target the vigilante and the vigilante targets X.. what would happen ? will both the vigilante and X die or would it be only the vigilante?


Lynch - Doctor - Kills - Peeks.
If Vigilante shoots X and the Mafia shoots the Vigilante, both X and the Vigilante will die.

Ish wrote:
SiX can I rejoin the game? As I have died and was a villager aligned role. Even if I get a mafia role I will play to the win conditions of the mafia.


No.

Ish wrote:
Tbh you should have modkilled every person that did not post. Also imo in future games hosted on ND every game every player should make a game related post at least every round or be modkilled. As not posting 2 rounds is way too long, kills the game. People do not want 48 hour rounds but people not posting in 2 rounds is ok...


This is what I stated in the original post: "Afking: Once signing up, you have to read the game thread, make posts, vote people, use your abilities if you have such. Forgetting it once or twice is fine. But if you know you'll just sign up and then go afk, please don't sign up at all. As a CT, you don't join the ct team to stay afk in the gunroom either. People who do not make any posts in the topic for 2 rounds a row will be modkilled. Exception is if you tell me, in advance, that you have something that distracts you from the game for a few days."

I know the circumstances having surrounded Ghost Shooter and TapTap. Therefore I've decided to be more lenient with them. But Messi, Laaraaah and w33d do not fit this category. None of them, except Laaraaah, seems to be even remotely interested in learning the game. With that in mind, I decided to give Leo a chance to bring Laaraaah into the game. Because remember, the primary goal of this event is to bring new players into the WW game. What good would modkilling them do if they never had a chance to understand the game? With this in mind, I've decided to be more lenient with newcomers, in hope that they will become more active. Furthermore, modkills tend to ruin the game. It doesn't matter if you have a lot of players if 1 / 5 dies to modkill. Therefore, I'd rather seek a replacement to keep the game more active and fun. But if I don't find anyone for Messi and w33d this round, and if Ghost shooter doesn't post, they will all 3 be modkilled. As for TapTap, he made 2 posts in the topic, but I hope they will be more game related in the future.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:49 am
Profile
Friend of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 646 times
#384 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
This AFK issue is too extreme.
I honestly feel almost clueless this game for a few reasons.

1) There are so many whose opinions that are missing, so many missing interactions where I could have gained a lot more.

2) There are like 2-3 players in this entire game who are onto the idea of applying pressure, every time someone gets pressured or they answer one question the votes get changed. Even though they slip they are let go, we get no roleclaims from lynches or actual info - half of the players have not been investigated.

3) People don't seem to care where the game is going. I shouldn't have signed up for this game. In hindsight maybe the cash idea wasn't the greatest, I think a lot of people just came here because cash was in the game they have no interest in the actual detective part of it, or the game itself.

I honestly cannot get any proper reads like this. When it's acceptable to sit idle for two rounds and not seem suspicious, and that it isn't punishable this is what happens. A lot of useless lynches and flips, insignificant reads.

It's not really fair, the town is harming itself and quite honestly it's tilting me. Btw, this is not an appeal to emotion message I've generally been frustrated with this in nD for a long time, I'd say this as mafia too. Suspicious behaviour is preferred and condoned, that's not how detective games are meant to work.

I'm not going to be childish and ask for a modkill but I've been tempted, 1) I'm bored of it and not really getting much out of it 2) I think the game could get a lot of info and spice by my dying given I have this many interactions.

Except for my strong disagreement with letting people not post for three rounds, Six's hosting has been flawless. On time, answering questions on the topic fast, giving tips to specific roles and answering his mechanics when needed & the roleset is beautiful. So kudos to SiX for some really good hosting, in fact he's one of my favourite hosts.

____
As for the game, I'm not sure I like the pooo wagon, but then again idk what else to go for.

I don't like Kontra's wagon on Wayward at all, and would prefer POOO over.

The only thing Wayward does that I don't like is jump on easy wagons, but with how the game is going I can't really say that's a bad thing.

My vote is loose and can be changed easily, for now [Vote Pooo]

_________________
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin


Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:39 am
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 50 times
#385 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
K0ntRa wrote:
@Lawliet, that plan sounds sweet but it's a bit risky. We might wanna do it in round 4, if we fail to kill a mafia player this round. Also, even if all of the PRs connected, how would they know who's mafia and who is not? Vigilante, you should wait a bit before claiming, I'd wait until more people said if they think this plan is good. For all we know, Lawliet might be mafia trying to trick the vig into claiming. If we find out that Ultor was killed by the hitman and not by the vig - we should definitely study Lawliet's moves a bit.
Quote:
1) If either the doc or the vigilante is AFK, we're screwed. (Doc is afk -> vigilante might die / Vigilante is afk -> the mafia have a better chance in killing him before he gets replaced/active)

Nope, you have mistaken. If the vig is AFK nothing will happen - no harm done. The mafia wont dare to target the vig, and they wont know if the doc is AFK or not.


Nope, I haven't.. If the vigilante is afk after people agree to this plan.. the mafia then have like ~4 targets to choose from.
we might wanna do it in R4 ? why is that ? what's wrong with getting the PRs together before we lose them for nothing?
The only direct way to find a mafia is by peeking..now when the cop knows who the other PRs are he can remove them from the list which will increase the chances of him peeking a mafia.. getting their opinions and discussing with them who to peek will make the chances even higher.. Is it that hard to get to this conclusion?

I don't get the reason here..mind to elaborate ?

@Shadi:
SiX wrote:
Lawliet wrote:
@host, what is the order of actions in this game, let's say the mafia target the vigilante and the vigilante targets X.. what would happen ? will both the vigilante and X die or would it be only the vigilante?


Lynch - Doctor - Kills - Peeks.
If Vigilante shoots X and the Mafia shoots the Vigilante, both X and the Vigilante will die.



Now we know if a mafia counter-claim, the vig can deal with em. and as I said it'd be so worth for the town.

The risky play right now is playing the same way we played the previous 2 rounds.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#386 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
SiX wrote:

No.



Why? I understand if I was a mafia player, as I would know who the rest of the mafia team are.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 121 times
#387 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
Ish wrote:
SiX wrote:

No.



Why? I understand if I was a mafia player, as I would know who the rest of the mafia team are.


With Ish out of the game, that means no more reads from that player, be them good or bad.

Lets say you become a Town Member. There's no saying you haven't updated any crucial views on some people which SHOULD have died with you. Or that you have spoken to some dead players.

Lets say you become a Mafia Member. There's no saying you haven't been told certain players roles prior to your death. Or once again, spoken with people after you died. Which could result in giving the Mafia information, information they shouldn't have in the first place.

Then there's the main reason about you yourself as a player. Have you ever killed someone because they are that someone? E.g. HATER usually dies early game because he's usually a threat if he's alive. What I'm trying to say is that your death may have been the result of removing a more experienced player / a larger threat from the game. To bring you back, if that's the motivation behind your death, would be unfair to those who decided to kill you. If they decided to kill you to remove your reads from the game, then why should you be allowed to come back and make new reads?

Lastly, if I have to add yet another reason, we have the money issue. Lets say you become a Mafia Member. Then I'll have difficulties deciding how to distribute the money (although I'm not sure if you want any in the first place). But to grant you a place to be resurrected as a replacement, then why shouldn't I bring back HATER, Ultor, Godliiiike and everyone else who have died as well? It will give cause to some heavy special treatment as well as the entire way WW is constructed (1 player, 1 life) would be heavily disturbed.


Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 70 times
#388 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
SiX wrote:
Have you ever killed someone because they are that someone? E.g. HATER usually dies early game because he's usually a threat if he's alive.


:'(

_________________
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage


Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 522 times
#389 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
SiX wrote:
Ish wrote:
SiX wrote:

No.



Why? I understand if I was a mafia player, as I would know who the rest of the mafia team are.


With Ish out of the game, that means no more reads from that player, be them good or bad.

Lets say you become a Town Member. There's no saying you haven't updated any crucial views on some people which SHOULD have died with you. Or that you have spoken to some dead players.

Lets say you become a Mafia Member. There's no saying you haven't been told certain players roles prior to your death. Or once again, spoken with people after you died. Which could result in giving the Mafia information, information they shouldn't have in the first place.

Then there's the main reason about you yourself as a player. Have you ever killed someone because they are that someone? E.g. HATER usually dies early game because he's usually a threat if he's alive. What I'm trying to say is that your death may have been the result of removing a more experienced player / a larger threat from the game. To bring you back, if that's the motivation behind your death, would be unfair to those who decided to kill you. If they decided to kill you to remove your reads from the game, then why should you be allowed to come back and make new reads?

Lastly, if I have to add yet another reason, we have the money issue. Lets say you become a Mafia Member. Then I'll have difficulties deciding how to distribute the money (although I'm not sure if you want any in the first place). But to grant you a place to be resurrected as a replacement, then why shouldn't I bring back HATER, Ultor, Godliiiike and everyone else who have died as well? It will give cause to some heavy special treatment as well as the entire way WW is constructed (1 player, 1 life) would be heavily disturbed.

Probably the most well thought out post in the game so far :kappa:

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:01 pm
Profile
nD*** Jail Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: Germany-Berlin
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 128 times
#390 Post Re: [Event] Mafia XXX: Misfortune in Mafia Municipality [R3 ends 21:00 GMT +3] Isolate
I will change my vote for now, sry shadi but i saw Pr0Gr4mm4 is often in the WW section on but doesn't have to say anything for real...i can't say he read all and look for who he should vote (maybe as quiet mafia) or maybe on who he use his mafia PR.

So i think for now he Need a bit pressure too to paticipate more in the game and to tell us more of his thoughts, maybe with defending himself if votes on him given.
If he convince me/us i can easy change my vote back to POOO or a more suspicious tearget.

[vote Pr0Gr4mm4]

_________________
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Image
Image
Image
Image

Spoiler: show


Last edited by ZeRo#1 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:36 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 605 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 41  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.