Post by Katika VS »

[in] (signups closed)
Numble

Re: Mafia Game

Post by Numble »

katCrusader wrote:
Spoiler!
[in]
I'm suprised that Doakes isn't tired of throwing parties to Dexter..
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

NumBle wrote:
katCrusader wrote:
Spoiler!
[in]
I would say he is quite burnt out after that explosion of a party the other night.
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
SiX

Re: Mafia Game (Setup edit)

Post by SiX »

This is the current role list. Feel free to provide feedback in case there's a role you want removed or a role you want added. If not, we'll wait for the mods approval.
Numble

Post by Numble »

Emziek wrote:
NumBle wrote:
katCrusader wrote:
Spoiler!
[in]
I would say he is quite burnt out after that explosion of a party the other night.
I wouldn't say burnt out... chopped out fits better..
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Ish

Post by Ish »

I like the set-up. Not sure if it is balanced though, guess we have to wait for a permamod's approval.
HATER

Post by HATER »

The setup is heavily in favor of mafia, especially with a judas mechanic that could allow the mafia to win by R2 AND an unblockable faction kill.

Changes I'd suggest making:

1. Change Sheriff to how it normally is: Jailed people are roleblocked, but are also made untargetable by any other action (including peeks). Personally, I hate this bullshit with people trying to make Sheriff a Paranoid Doc. They're two separate fucking roles, people.

2. In accordance with the last change, if you want to make the kill be performed automatically, do it by ranking (e.g. the Don, who is higher ranking than the Hitman, always performs the kill) or something like that, or just have them choose who performs it -- either way, you should have it be roleblockable.

3. Remove cursed modifier -- the game is too small for a conversion mechanic because it makes the game far too swingy. The mafia essentially get a free win if they get it, especially if it's a lucky R1 or R2 shot.

4. Instead of cursed, I'd recommend an Evil Villager. Doesn't count for parity and isn't connected to the mafia, but is aligned with the mafia and will peek as "innocent".
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

I agree with Hater. This game, as currently set up, is very swingy and strongly tilted towards mafia. His recommendations would be adequate imo, though you can do as you please to balance it.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
SiX

Post by SiX »

@Hater
@Rainboy

1. I remove the Cursed Villager mechanic. Instead I 2. Added a Traitor (Evil Villager) who does not count for parity. I also 3. Made the Sheriff in accordance to Hater's description about it making someone untargetable from all any any action (including peeks). Now my question is, should I leave a message so that those jailed by the Sheriff will know they were jailed? Or should those jailed be unaware of it? Also 4. Should I remove the Miller (secondary role) or keep it? But I'd not like 5. To change the current Mafia mechanic. Since the game is speedplay modified I have it as a passive mechanic. That means if the Don is roleblocked, the Hitman will perform the nightkill and vice versa. That however is only true if both are alive.
SiX

Post by SiX »

[signups open]

Ish

Post by Ish »

[In]
Numble

Post by Numble »

[In]-desu
Heart-Break
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

[IN]
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
HATER

Post by HATER »

SiX wrote:@Hater
@Rainboy

1. I remove the Cursed Villager mechanic. Instead I 2. Added a Traitor (Evil Villager) who does not count for parity. I also 3. Made the Sheriff in accordance to Hater's description about it making someone untargetable from all any any action (including peeks). Now my question is, should I leave a message so that those jailed by the Sheriff will know they were jailed? Or should those jailed be unaware of it? Also 4. Should I remove the Miller (secondary role) or keep it? But I'd not like 5. To change the current Mafia mechanic. Since the game is speedplay modified I have it as a passive mechanic. That means if the Don is roleblocked, the Hitman will perform the nightkill and vice versa. That however is only true if both are alive.

Jailed persons should be informed, definitely.

Changing the roleblock mechanic is...eh. It definitely favors the mafia, especially in terms of the town attempting to use the sheriff as a clever investigative role. Far fewer mindgames to play.

I'd think you'd want to remove the miller to keep that, but Rain might be able to shed more light on it (or me, once I get some time to look at probabilities and percentages more closely).

Anyways, [in] .
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

[in]

Return to “Finished Games”