Maki
Friend of the Community

Re: Werewolf XX: A Simple Game? [GAME OVER]

Post by Maki »

maki mvp, definitely
Numble

Post by Numble »

What can I say... this could have still been won if people didn't really decide to betray. But oh well. 'twas but a waste of time.

EDIT: also.. a good example that Veteran players are not always the best. Because wars.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

The Permamods have ruled this game unofficial due to unbalanced setup. I have removed the end command accordingly.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
cml

Post by cml »

Rainboy wrote:The Permamods have ruled this game unofficial due to unbalanced setup. I have removed the end command accordingly.
As host, I apologise to the players for the wasted game. I had thought that I had balanced it better, but clearly not. See the notes in my end of game post for some ideas on how I should have changed the balance.
Numble

Post by Numble »

cml wrote:
Rainboy wrote:The Permamods have ruled this game unofficial due to unbalanced setup. I have removed the end command accordingly.
As host, I apologise to the players for the wasted game. I had thought that I had balanced it better, but clearly not. See the notes in my end of game post for some ideas on how I should have changed the balance.
Hey no worries 'bout it. What matters is that we enjoyed the game. Next time just ask for some help and/or public opinions.
You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

This was one of the first games in a while I enjoyed playing here on nD, I feel like most games are way to village friendly here. But I guess that is what's needed when half the people goes inactive and the other half fights among themselves from past grudges rather than trying to work togheter. :doh:
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Emziek wrote:This was one of the first games in a while I enjoyed playing here on nD, I feel like most games are way to village friendly here. But I guess that is what's needed when half the people goes inactive and the other half fights among themselves from past grudges rather than trying to work togheter. :doh:
^ this.

And it's a shame a game that was actually very fun unlike many others and had activity from every player is deemed as unofficial. Oh well.
cml

Post by cml »

Next time I host, I am planning on running an open setup so that people can check the balance before we start. Hopefully I will be able to keep the feel of this game while making it more balanced.
GERTY

Post by GERTY »

Lynch Tally:
MMage - 4 - wertydoo, Emziek, Maki, ARSENIC
wertydoo - 2 - NumBle, MMage
Maki - 1 - Flath

Expected LHLV Lynch: MMage
Total: 7 living players.

Reverse Tally:
MMage: wertydoo
Maki: MMage
ARSENIC: MMage
Emziek: MMage
NumBle: wertydoo
wertydoo: NumBle -> MMage
Flath: Maki

Voting History:
Spoiler!
R2: Lynch Tally:
Rainboy - 4 - HATER, Flath, Maki, wertydoo
Flath - 2 - NumBle, ARSENIC
Emziek - 2 - Rainboy, MMage
No Vote - 1 - Emziek

Expected LHLV Lynch: Rainboy
Total: 7 living players.

Reverse Tally:
MMage: HATER -> Emziek
Maki: Rainboy
HATER: Rainboy
ARSENIC: Flath
NumBle: Rainboy -> Flath
Rainboy: Emziek
wertydoo: Emziek -> Rainboy
Flath: Rainboy

--------------------

R1: Lynch Tally:
Blaze - 4 - Rainboy, wertydoo, MMage, NumBle
Maki - 3 - Emziek, HATER, Maki
HATER - 1 - Ricky Rio
No Vote - 2 - ARSENIC, Flath

Expected LHLV Lynch: Blaze
Total: 9 living players.

Reverse Tally:
MMage: ARSENIC -> HATER -> Maki -> Blaze
Maki: Maki -> HATER -> Maki
HATER: Rainboy -> Maki
Emziek: Rainboy -> No Vote -> HATER -> No Vote -> Maki
Ricky Rio: HATER
NumBle: Blaze
Rainboy: MMage -> HATER -> Maki -> Blaze
wertydoo: Rainboy -> No Vote -> Blaze
Final Vote History:
Spoiler!
Rainboy: No Vote -> Blaze -> Incapacitated
MMage: No Vote -> Blaze -> Emziek
HATER: No Vote -> Maki -> Incapacitated
Flath: No Vote -> No Vote -> Rainboy
ARSENIC: No Vote -> No Vote -> Flath
Maki: No Vote -> Maki -> Rainboy
wertydoo: No Vote -> Blaze -> Rainboy
NumBle: No Vote -> Blaze -> Flath
Ricky Rio: No Vote -> Incapacitated -> Incapacitated
Blaze: No Vote -> Incapacitated -> Incapacitated
Emziek: No Vote -> Maki -> No Vote
Players:
Spoiler!
01: Rainboy - Lynched (villager) R2
02: MMage - Survived R2
03: HATER - Poisoned(villager) R2
04: Flath
05: ARSENIC
06: Maki - Survived R0 kill due to host R0
07: wertydoo
08: NumBle
09: Ricky Rio - Shot (villager) R1
10: Blaze - Lynched (villager) R1
11: Emziek
Phase: R3 Day
Rules Thread

Game ID: Eridanus (Eri)
Use the game id or it's abbreviation as the subject of any PMs to the bot regarding this game.
I am at least 20% cooler.
wertydoo

Post by wertydoo »

Gerty you're late...
I claim Spider Man :trollface:
HATER

Post by HATER »

Emziek wrote:This was one of the first games in a while I enjoyed playing here on nD, I feel like most games are way to village friendly here. But I guess that is what's needed when half the people goes inactive and the other half fights among themselves from past grudges rather than trying to work togheter. :doh:

Say what you will, but I can say for sure that my actions weren't based off grudges -- I saw that three people were hiding info and protecting each other. I figured I had the mafia from that....

Not saying what I did was the best or only course of action -- but it wasn't from any kind of grudge.

Also @Maki I wasn't here for the actual decision to be made, but I talked with Rain last night and said I would support him if he wanted to talk to cml and Shadi about making it unofficial. Here's why: If I understood the ruling correctly, the game was counted unofficial because it gave specific players a near-guaranteed win, and because it gave a team a massive advantage from the outset.

At risk of sounding like somebody from Rito explaining how ranked works, let's get technical here:

In ANY scenario, at least one of the lovers was 100% going to win, and in most scenarios (about 80%) the other would win too.

That confers an average of about 90% likeliness to win from the start -- in contrast, a balanced roleset keeps any given player's chance to win at around 1/(number of factions) %. If everyone's starting chances (due to the roleset) are roughly equal, that gives everyone a bit of a level playing field regardless of what side they end up aligned with, letting logical, persuasive, and investigative skill factor in to who wins the game.

The second point was that the sides were quite unbalanced.

If the village missed the first lynch (which it was quite likely to, given that there were 6 normal villagers and a Doc), it was pretty much compulsory for the Deputy to change sides-- thus making it a 4v5 by R2, with a subsequent near-guaranteed win. The village's most important PR has gone to the dark side, the mafia have two people with a shared tough, two peekers, a hitman, and another mafia with a tough.

The only power role the village has is...a Doc. And this is just R2.Pretty much a guaranteed win for the mafia, where the village only has a chance if the mafia screws up terribly.

Anyways, that's kind of what we covered before I hit the sack last night. Hope this sheds a little light on the situation.

EDIT: Also, much drama, very split thread.

Geez.

OT: Fun game, cml -- looking forward your next, man.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

HATER wrote:

Say what you will, but I can say for sure that my actions weren't based off grudges -- I saw that three people were hiding info and protecting each other. I figured I had the mafia from that....

Not saying what I did was the best or only course of action -- but it wasn't from any kind of grudge.

Also @Maki I wasn't here for the actual decision to be made, but I talked with Rain last night and said I would support him if he wanted to talk to cml and Shadi about making it unofficial. Here's why: If I understood the ruling correctly, the game was counted unofficial because it gave specific players a near-guaranteed win, and because it gave a team a massive advantage from the outset.

At risk of sounding like somebody from Rito explaining how ranked works, let's get technical here:

In ANY scenario, at least one of the lovers was 100% going to win, and in most scenarios (about 80%) the other would win too.

That confers an average of about 90% likeliness to win from the start -- in contrast, a balanced roleset keeps any given player's chance to win at around 1/(number of factions) %. If everyone's starting chances (due to the roleset) are roughly equal, that gives everyone a bit of a level playing field regardless of what side they end up aligned with, letting logical, persuasive, and investigative skill factor in to who wins the game.

The second point was that the sides were quite unbalanced.

If the village missed the first lynch (which it was quite likely to, given that there were 6 normal villagers and a Doc), it was pretty much compulsory for the Deputy to change sides-- thus making it a 4v5 by R2, with a subsequent near-guaranteed win. The village's most important PR has gone to the dark side, the mafia have two people with a shared tough, two peekers, a hitman, and another mafia with a tough.

The only power role the village has is...a Doc. And this is just R2.Pretty much a guaranteed win for the mafia, where the village only has a chance if the mafia screws up terribly.

Anyways, that's kind of what we covered before I hit the sack last night. Hope this sheds a little light on the situation.

EDIT: Also, much drama, very split thread.

Geez.

OT: Fun game, cml -- looking forward your next, man.
When i see hater post. I usually use google search bar and type my name (blaze) and if it comes up in haters post. i will read that section. if not. I never (90% of time) read his posts.

tl;dr
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

Blaze wrote: When i see hater post. I usually use google search bar and type my name (blaze) and if it comes up in haters post. i will read that section. if not. I never (90% of time) read his posts.

tl;dr
ctrl+f overrated?
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.

Return to “Finished Games”