[Village Win] Assassins VII: Everything Must Go [Game Over]

Rainboy

Assassins VII: Everything Must Go [Game Over]

Post by Rainboy »

Order of Events: Lynch -> Trades -> Traps -> Items Passed -> Herbs -> Elixirs -> Amulets -> Tomes -> Guns -> New Items Granted

Hey everyone, welcome to (the new) Assassins VI. There will be no story because I'm busy and Hater was supposed to write those. There will also be no revives or ghost mechanics, so ghost talking is safe (just be aware that ghosts are not allowed to talk about the game to living players).

I want this game to be pretty basic since I'm making it up on the fly, but this is an assassins game, so I'm going to throw one curve ball at you all. We'll have pretty basic roles that are displayed here, but I will also have a reasonably simple item system in the game. Items will be given out each round. Players have a 50% chance to get an item each round, and that chance goes down by 20% for each item they have after the first. So, for example, if you have 2 items, you have a 30% chance of picking another one up in the next round. Players may not receive more than one item in a round, and I will not be posting the list of items or what they do. Players are allowed to pass items to a chosen player in secret, or trade with the shopkeeper (see below) in public.

I will, however, post one specific item that will be rather central to the game. There will always be exactly one Shopkeeper's Amulet in the game. If one does not exist, it is given to a random player. (Given before calculating new item handouts)
Shopkeeper's Amulet
The Shopkeeper's Amulet will grant its holder a 100% base chance of receiving an item each round instead of 50%.
The Shopkeeper's Amulet makes all items its owner has public; the list of their current items (but not what they do) will be posted at the beginning of each round.
Any player may publicly request a trade for any one item the Shopkeeper has each round (including the Amulet itself). The Shopkeeper is required to publicly accept one trade for each item he has that has a trade offered. (eg, if at least one offer exists for an item, the Shopkeeper must accept one of the offers)

Roles this game will specialize in a certain class of items, but will not have innate powers of their own. When a player gets an item that they specialize in, they will reveal a secret additional effect. All players have a 50% chance of receiving an item they specialize in when they get a new item. There will be three classes: Hunter, Mage and Herbalist. During round zero, all players may select the class they want. Classes are completely static throughout the game and cannot be changed once chosen.

Hunter - Offensive role that specializes in guns and traps. Tends to focus on killing and disabling.
Mage - Mixed role that specializes in tomes and elixirs. Tends to focus on finding and concealing information.
Herbalist - Defensive role that specializes in herbs and amulets. Tends to focus on protection and voting.

So here's how I'm going to divide up the alignments: We're going to have two wolves and two evil villagers. The wolves will be able to kill each night, and the evil villagers will be able to peek for wolf/not wolf each night. Some items may additionally have altered effects for the wolves (but not the evil villager). Villagers are not aware of these altered effects even if they hold the item, but wolves will be fully aware of the normal effects. If all wolves die, the village wins even if the evil villager is alive.

Game Specs:
Host: Rainboy
Phase Type: Speedplay
Rounds: 48 hours
Gameset: Semi-Open
Tie Breaker: LHLV
Ghost Etiquette: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Ghost Talking: Safe

[signups open]

[alias 2194, Houki]
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Ricky Rio

Re: Assassins VI: The Filler

Post by Ricky Rio »

[in]
Image Image
MMage

Post by MMage »

[in]

Automatic transfer by Rainboy from the old Assassins game.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Big H

Post by Big H »

[in]

"A wise man speak because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something." - Aristotle
Styx

Post by Styx »

[in]

I think we girls are bitches, even though I am one --------------
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

[in]

Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Juni0r

Post by Juni0r »

[in]

ImageImage

"I wonder if heaven got a ghetto"
SiX

Post by SiX »

[in]

cml

Post by cml »

[in]

Unown

Post by Unown »

[in]

If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Numble

Post by Numble »

[in]

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break
Verxint

Re: Assassins VI: The Filler [Pregame Setup]

Post by Verxint »

[in]
You don't win a war by dying for your country, you win it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his.
HATER

Re: Assassins VI: Everything Must Go [Pregame Setup]

Post by HATER »

[in]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

Alrighty! Alignment PMs are out. Welcome to the game, everyone. Feel free to discuss the classes and your choices, but be careful how much info you give out. R0 ends at 9PM EST Monday.

[start]

Note: Since Hater joined, I've rerolled the alignments. You should have a second PM for alignment; please ignore the first one. Additionally, I'm throwing in a second evil villager in for balance reasons. Sorry for the confusion.
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

I'm adding two commands to GERTY for this game: [offer] and [accept]. [offer] will be used by players to offer a trade to the shopkeeper, and the shopkeeper can use [accept] to choose which offer he wants.

Offer syntax: [offer <user's item>, <shopkeeper's item>] (eg, if you have a taco that you want to trade for the shopkeeper's handgun, you can do so by posting [offer taco, handgun])
Note: GERTY is not tracking player items, so it is possible for players to offer items that they do not have. Doing so will be considered a modkillable offense. Players can additionally only offer one item at a time; making a new offer will override the old one.

Accept syntax: [accept <username>] (eg, if you're the shopkeeper and you want to accept an offer from cml, you can do so by posting [accept cml])
Note: You can only accept one offer per item. Accepting a new one will override the old one.

GERTY will publicly keep track of which items the shopkeeper currently has, and what offers are open/accepted. I haven't quite finished the code yet, but I should have it all done by the time R1 hits.

Return to “Finished Games”