[Village Win] Mafia XVIII: Hidden Evil

Mati

Mafia XVIII: Hidden Evil

Post by Mati »

Welcome to my first Mafia game! Even though this game consists of a Mafia roleset and is completely open, I tried adding unique elements into it, such as an evil village faction and a couple of unusual roles.
This is a first draft of my game - I'll try working on its balance while it's on the queue. This game requires 24 players.

Ruleset

Co-Host: Maki
Game Type: Open
Action Timestamp: No Surprises
Voting Type: Timed Lynch
Tie Breaker: Coin Flip
Ghost Etiquette: RP Play Style
Game Start: Village Vote
R0 Peeks: No Peeks
Death Reveal: Active until end of game
Player amount: 24
Modkill: No gamerelated post for 2 rounds, quoting hosts

Roleset

Mafia
Don - Able to peek a player each round to discover their role.
Convict - Able to survive one action that would otherwise kill him.
Goon - Powerless mafia member.
Godfather - Seen as a Villager by peekers.

Evil Villagers
Evil villagers win with the mafia, but don't know their team, don't need to be killed for the village to win, and don't count for parity.
Traitor - Basic evil villager with no powers.
Saulus - Becomes a normal villager if lynched.
Sorcerer - Can peek for Mafia/Not Mafia each round.
Spy - Infiltrates Mason groups.

Villagers
Normal Deputy - Able to peek a player each round and will receive a result of Mafia or Not Mafia.
Vigilante - Able to shoot and kill two players during the game.
Vanilla Deputy - Able to peek a player each round and will receive a result of Vanilla or Not Vanilla. Is part of Masons.
Judas - becomes evil villager if he gets lynched.
10 x Villager - Basic town role with no powers. Two of them are Masons.

All Masons know each other from the start! So there are 4 masons who know each other from the start (including Spy)!
Vanilla is defined as "not having an active power".

Wincon of Mafia: Reaching parity with village
Wincon of evil villagers: Mafia wins
Wincon of Villager: Eliminate Mafia

TL;DR: In addition to Mafia there is also an evil village faction, but they don't know the role of anyone. They need to make Mafia win. There is also a group that know each other from start (Masons). It includes 2 villagers, vanilla deputy, and the evil spy. Goal of villagers is that the masons and deputies work together to figure out Mafia and Evil villager, without revealing info to spy. Goal of evil villager and Mafia is to get info and roles so they can harm village.

Round Deadlines
R1: Monday, 23th December 21:00 UTC+1
R2: Friday, 27th December 21:00 UTC+1
R3: Monday, 30th December 21:00 UTC+1
R4: Friday, 4th January 21:00 UTC+1
R5: Monday, 7th January 21:00 UTC+1

All actions (votes, role actions), need to be submitted before the roundend, meaning the last possible action for R1 will be Monday, 23th December 20:59:59, UTC+1, forum time. Anything past that will be disregarded. Role specific actions need to be sent through PM to both me and Maki.

[alias 2194, Houki]
[alias 5052, JaayTeeCee]
[alias 4967, Xeph]
lol
Lien~

Re: Mafia XVIII: Hidden Evil

Post by Lien~ »

So far it looks good! Why don't you replace 1 normal villager for a mafia role? That would balance it out a bit more. Going for 26 will be tough and most likely result in half being afk (24 is already hard as it is).
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

Lien~ wrote:So far it looks good! Why don't you replace 1 normal villager for a mafia role? That would balance it out a bit more.
I think it looks rather balanced atm tbh, if the don manages to find the spy, automaticly the mafia will know 3 peoples roles rather than just 1.
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
Mati

Post by Mati »

Yeah, but the problem is that the Mafia dieing potential is too high atm. Will have to add one more Mafia and remove a mason or villager.

Edit: Added Hitman and removed villager amount by one for now. Also gave tough to vanilla deputy, so it balances with convict and villagers can peek longer. Also might gonna remove Godfather and add second Don because villagers have it hard enough with peeks anyway. Or I'm going to remove the Traitor and add a villager.
lol
SiX

Post by SiX »

The way you built up the game seems interesting.
But in my opinion, there could be some more villager power-roles.

Questions:
Does the spy know all 3 masons? Can / should he do anything to get them killed?
Can the masons recruit players?
Mati

Post by Mati »

The villager amount should be about 50% of the total players though, so it's hard to add more village PRs.
Does the spy know all 3 masons? Can / should he do anything to get them killed?
Yes he does. And that's up to him. Hint: The more masons die, the bigger the chance the spy gets revealed.
Can the masons recruit players?
No. If this game works out, I will make a more advanced continuation though I guess.
lol
Emziek

Post by Emziek »

Mati wrote:Also might gonna remove Godfather and add second Don because villagers have it hard enough with peeks anyway. Or I'm going to remove the Traitor and add a villager.
Imo you should make one of the masons the priest.

EDIT: Nvm didn't see there was death reveal, but I do think one of the Masons should get a power role; Otherwise when the mafia peeks the spy they will be like "okay these 3 people aren't a power role so we cna focus on shooting someone else" but with a power role within the masons they'll have to risk getting the spy revealed in order to kill the power role.
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
Mati

Post by Mati »

Tweaked it a little bit.

1) Added normal deputy as well because it's really hard to confirm roles or make safes otherwise
2) Removed tough of vanilla deputy
3) Added Judas
4) Changed mason group, so it now contains 5 people: Deputy, Judas, Spy, and two normal villagers. Maybe that's too much? But think it's interesting because the Mason group can't just give information away because of the Spy, and can also not easily lynch because they risk lynching Deputy or Judas ;)
lol
Mati

Post by Mati »

Maki will be my co-host in this game, I hope this is OK, as this is the first time I host a game. Apart from that the setup is pretty much done, and I'd like to only change marginal details for balancing reasons.
lol
Unown

Post by Unown »

I don't get it though, not that I am against it, but for everyone taking Maki as co-host...

He didn't even host a single game himself..?
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Mati

Re: AW: Mafia XVIII: Hidden Evil

Post by Mati »

Unownist wrote:I don't get it though, not that I am against it, but for everyone taking Maki as co-host...

Well, you must understand, people rather have him as a host than as a player :mrgreen:
lol
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Unownist wrote:I don't get it though, not that I am against it, but for everyone taking Maki as co-host...

I'm a genius.

lol @ mati
HATER

Post by HATER »

Mati wrote:Maki will be my co-host in this game, I hope this is OK, as this is the first time I host a game. Apart from that the setup is pretty much done, and I'd like to only change marginal details for balancing reasons.
Maki isn't exactly an experienced host/co-host at all. Personally I would recommend going for someone different. I'd volunteer, but I don't host mafia really at all.

Well, he co-hosted werty's game, but look how badly that turned out...

Maki needs to host a shit ton more games before he can even start to be considered as junior/senior host/co-host. 'nuff said.
Mati wrote: Well, you must understand, people rather have him as a host than as a player :mrgreen:
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I don't think it's fair pinning those mistakes on Maki.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
HATER

Post by HATER »

Shadi wrote:I don't think it's fair pinning those mistakes on Maki.
I'm not saying all the mistakes are his fault. Sorry if it seemed that way. But I am saying that perhaps werty should have chosen a different person to cohost since it was their first time hosting for each of them.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage

Return to “Finished Games”