View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 37 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

#1 Post Help
I got a question. I've been browsing WW forums for a while, but I still haven't understood how does this game work. There is no topic which really explains WW, only some for rules and stuff like that. I really wanna know how does this game work, it seems cool so I wanna play it myself.

So could someone be a nice guy and explain to me the very BASICS of WW, tell me how to play it and what do I need for it?

I wouldn't be asking for this but there is literally no topic which fully explains WW. Sorry if I'm mistaking :)
Thank you!

Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Help
This thread explains how the game works: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=16872
This thread explains the normal/common roles and how they work: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=15539

You can find past games here and look through the posts to see how typical games pan out: viewforum.php?f=183

Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:45 pm

#3 Post Re: Help
Is there any open games currently other than the one by NumBle ? It's a little hard to find stuff in WW forums.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:36 pm

#4 Post Re: Help
Unfortunately WW has been dead for the last 2 months due to lack of players.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:44 am

#5 Post Re: Help
SiX wrote:

^this. I'd love to get some more WW going on here, and so would Rain, but nobody's around to play, ever.

ImageImage

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

#6 Post Re: Help
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

^this. I'd love to get some more WW going on here, and so would Rain, but nobody's around to play, ever.

Yeah, I wasn't even active when I signed up due to some personal shit, but since I came back now I'd love to see a good old WW game.

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:50 pm

#7 Post Re: Help
JTc wrote:
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't even active when I signed up due to some personal shit, but since I came back now I'd love to see a good old WW game.

>afks from entire forum in the middle of a game
>pms me back 3 months later "lol sorry"

>.>

ImageImage

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:55 pm
Profile WWW

#8 Post Re: Help
HATER wrote:
JTc wrote:
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

>afks from entire forum in the middle of a game
>pms me back 3 months later "lol sorry"

>.>

<.<

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:59 am
Friend of the Community

#9 Post Re: Help
There's this that I wrote a long while ago, I didn't look at it again to see if it's still good but should explain it decently.

Shadi wrote:
It's a forum based detective game. I will try to give a brief explanation and keep it short.

Plot:
There are 2 teams, one "bad" and one "good". The good guys don't know each other or the enemies. However, the "bad" people know each other's teammates and their powers (but don't know all the "good guy's" powers for each individual so the bad guys can't target the strongest good guy roles). The good guys will investigate for who the bad guys are while the bad guys try to hide and mingle between the good guys and find out information about them.

Game mechanics/how to play:

The game is set up in rounds.

Every round the following stuff happens:
  • Voting (Lynch)
  • Night actions (player abilities)

Every round you vote on someone, the one with most votes on him will be lynched (killed) just like paradise hotel and similar stupid reality shows.

Player A - 5 - John, Alex, Shadi, Heyho, Fifth player
Player B - 4 - 1st player, 2nd player, 3rd player, 4th player

Player A would be killed when the round reaches its deadline.

Then at night player abilities will happen (the bad people can choose whom to kill every round regardless of a person dying by the lynch). A few good guys have powers too, for example there's typically a doctor. A doctor can target a player and prevent the bad guys from killing him if you select their target as well.

Chatting/general play:

And yes, everything happens on chat, through Steam, IRC, voice chat and whatever you prefer. You have to read whether people lie, tell the truth, try to manipulate you. Why they say what they say and make your own reads out of players you see. There's the thread if you wanna contact each player to say something or try to get actions done effectively. You may ask how you get those reads but it's mainly experiencing it.

It might sound all confusing but after playing 1-3 rounds in a game you'll catch up.

- Benjamin Franklin

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:39 am

#10 Post Re: Help
Shadi wrote:
There's this that I wrote a long while ago, I didn't look at it again to see if it's still good but should explain it decently.

Shadi wrote:
It's a forum based detective game. I will try to give a brief explanation and keep it short.

Plot:
There are 2 teams, one "bad" and one "good". The good guys don't know each other or the enemies. However, the "bad" people know each other's teammates and their powers (but don't know all the "good guy's" powers for each individual so the bad guys can't target the strongest good guy roles). The good guys will investigate for who the bad guys are while the bad guys try to hide and mingle between the good guys and find out information about them.

Game mechanics/how to play:

The game is set up in rounds.

Every round the following stuff happens:
  • Voting (Lynch)
  • Night actions (player abilities)

Every round you vote on someone, the one with most votes on him will be lynched (killed) just like paradise hotel and similar stupid reality shows.

Player A - 5 - John, Alex, Shadi, Heyho, Fifth player
Player B - 4 - 1st player, 2nd player, 3rd player, 4th player

Player A would be killed when the round reaches its deadline.

Then at night player abilities will happen (the bad people can choose whom to kill every round regardless of a person dying by the lynch). A few good guys have powers too, for example there's typically a doctor. A doctor can target a player and prevent the bad guys from killing him if you select their target as well.

Chatting/general play:

And yes, everything happens on chat, through Steam, IRC, voice chat and whatever you prefer. You have to read whether people lie, tell the truth, try to manipulate you. Why they say what they say and make your own reads out of players you see. There's the thread if you wanna contact each player to say something or try to get actions done effectively. You may ask how you get those reads but it's mainly experiencing it.

It might sound all confusing but after playing 1-3 rounds in a game you'll catch up.

Are people who compete in a game allowed to tell others secrets which others wouldn't normally know (who they have attacked, who helped them, who they think is a werewolf...) ? Ofc without giving them proof of what they said...

If I am a werewolf (or a vampire as the "bad" guys are called in Season 2, I think) and I want to attack some "good" guy, I have to PM the host about it, is that correct? And then he will tell me if it worked and how much HP the attack took from the guy I attacked?

Am I allowed to vote for a lynch during a night (real time night) and PM the host that I wanna attack someone during (real time) daytime? Because (e.g.) if I cant play during night, can I "order" an attack during daytime? <-- might be a stupid quiestion :D

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 pm

#11 Post Re: Help
Are people who compete in a game allowed to tell others secrets which others wouldn't normally know (who they have attacked, who helped them, who they think is a werewolf...) ? Ofc without giving them proof of what they said...

You are allowed to say whatever you like as long as you don't mention the host to prove a point. For instance is quoting private messages from the host against the rules unless you have asked him directly and he agreed. But of course you shouldn't reveal information that harms you. As a Mafia you know who your teammates are so why would you gamethrow by revealing them all to the public? Why would you claim Mafia if you happen to roll Mafia? Your teammates would be pissed off at you for doing such a thing and you're likely to be banned from future games. As long as you play to your wincondition (The goal you have to reach to win) the end justifies the means you use. And someones killing a teammate by revealing them is one of these means used (Basically as long as you have a good motive rather than doing things just to fuck things up).

If I am a werewolf (or a vampire as the "bad" guys are called in Season 2, I think) and I want to attack some "good" guy, I have to PM the host about it, is that correct? And then he will tell me if it worked and how much HP the attack took from the guy I attacked?

You'll have to pm the host, yes. Whether he will tell you or anyone for that matter will depends on the host's own set of rules. Sometimes the host reveals publically "X has been attacked and killed" and sometimes he doesn't reveal anything at all and that includes you.

Am I allowed to vote for a lynch during a night (real time night) and PM the host that I wanna attack someone during (real time) daytime? Because (e.g.) if I cant play during night, can I "order" an attack during daytime? <-- might be a stupid quiestion :D

You'll have to discuss that with the host. I know hosts who have accepted that but I also perfectly understand if the host turns you down.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:45 pm

#12 Post Re: Help
Oh lol. Ofc that i wouldnt harm my team... you didnt quite understand the 1st question. In it i asked if i can talk about the game with my teammates and not if im allowed to reveal stuff about them.
thx

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:33 pm

#13 Post Re: Help
Dinex wrote:
Oh lol. Ofc that i wouldnt harm my team... you didnt quite understand the 1st question. In it i asked if i can talk about the game with my teammates and not if im allowed to reveal stuff about them.
thx

Yes, you can talk about anything with them. But some hosts has a rule that you can only speak in the game topic or during the night-chat (as a Mafia). But most commonly the host allows you to speak in private (e.g. steam) with whoever you like and tell them whatever you want.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]