Post by Lien~ »

You back now?
Unown

Re: So, where have I been...

Post by Unown »

Lien~ wrote:You back now?
Read it, he is in big trouble.
I wish I could help you xen! Cuz you are a great guy, but I just can't :(

I feel so bad for you and I hope you will find a solution soon; that your mom will find a job or whatever.

Spoiler!
Try to rob someone :mrgreen:
Or let your mom do some cleaning jobs at people's home? It's not much but it might get you trough some hard times.
Last edited by Unown on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

The link doesn't work for me :/ Can someone explain? :(
Unown

Post by Unown »

Lien~ wrote:The link doesn't work for me :/ Can someone explain? :(
Spoiler!
(TL;DR at the end)
I'm kind-of in an desperate situation right now, considering that two weeks ago my mother and I were evicted from our residence.
Allow me to explain.
We have been in Georgia struggling to get settled for a while now, and during the interim someone from mom's church has been storing the vast majority of our belongings (Not that much in all honesty beyond boxes and a TV)
3 months ago this person (Let's call her Betty) offered to let us stay with her for a while so that we could sort things out. No rent or anything, just a nice stable environment in which we could feel safe enough to actually get something worked out. She anticipated that we would be there for as much as a year while we both got jobs and found an apartment. So, after making sure that Betty understood what she was offering we took her up on it. The problems arose within a couple weeks.
Betty is a bit of a hoarder, meaning that when we got there the entire house was cluttered. She had managed to clean up the living room a bit so that we would have a place to sleep while the two spare bedrooms got cleared up. The first week was kinda tense given the close quarters, but after that we managed to clear out a bedroom and get it setup for one person. (mom) This left me out in the living room, on display if you will.
Beyond being a bit of a hoarder Betty is also really easy to piss off, and once you do she never really lets go of it. This uninspired combination meant that she would fly off the hook if she found out that I stayed up past 12, left a smudge of Nutella on a plate bound for the dishwasher or even if I asked for the reason of her apparent insanity. There was even an incident when she unplugged the modem for over a week which severely hampered our ongoing efforts to find a job.
Roughly two weeks ago Betty finally reached her boiling point. We came "home" to find that she had gathered four of her family members in an attempt to harass us out of the house that night. Over the course of an hour they basically dehumanized us by physically cornering us next to the front door, throwing various insults (Such as calling us squatters and saying we were in big trouble and should leave before we get in even more trouble) and generally resorting to every non-physical method they could think of to get us to leave including activating the burglar alarm! The incentive they gave us for leaving was $100, an amount that would go down the more problems we gave them. We had no choice but to call the police, which Betty attempted to prevent by actually grabbing at mom. (Note: Mom is really tiny; Betty is anything but tiny) I stepped in and protected mom by grasping Betty's wrists, after which she threatened to tell the police that I had given her /bruises/ on her upper arms!
Long story short, the police finally arrived and everyone was instantly on their best behavior. Betty upped her offer to $500, and while the police officer wasn't going to /make/ us leave he strongly recommended it since Betty had already proven how petty she could be. Honestly there wasn't much else we could do.
So, 2 weeks later: Our bank account is empty, food stamps still hasn't gotten back in touch with us and we're only paid up to the 25th for our Extended Stay Hotel room. Mom hasn't gotten any leads on a job, and given her numerous medical conditions such as abnormally low iron (She needs regular iron infusions, and her latest one was 8 months ago) there are certain jobs which she just can't do. The only money we get right now is from my freelance graphic design, but we had already spent half of my monthly paycheck when Betty ambushed us. Honestly, we need help with everything at this point...
TL;DR Lived in a small piece of hell for 3 months only to be evicted, no money for food and food stamps hasn't gotten back in touch with us. The extended stay hotel we're at right now will lock us out on the 25th. PLEASE HELP.
Norcross, GA
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

O_O .. and here I thought you just got tired of being around here.

Thanks for informing us and as Unownist says I don't really know how to help, what are the government circumstances in the US for such situations? It sounds rly bad though, hope you get your stuff together soon :/
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Omfg that is horrible :( Is there anything I/we can do? And do you have any plans for the near future?
Sexypanda

Post by Sexypanda »

In England you can apply for a temporary home in such situations, I'm not sure if you can do the same in the US but it's worth a shot.
When the power of love overthrows the love of power men will know peace~
HATER

Post by HATER »

Holy shit. You're in quite a pickle.

Can you get on steam? I'd like to talk with you and offer some advice.

Hang in there, buddy. You can get through this.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
mange2

Post by mange2 »

oh wow..
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Omg people replied... I didn't think anyone would notice this for a few days lol <3
Yeah things have been super hectic. The US has two things which could help us, namely renter's assistance and food stamps. Food stamps will help a lot and they actually got back in touch with us right after I posted that lol. We should get that in a week or so. Renter's assistance... honestly it might help, but we'd have a hard time coming up with a security deposit. As long as we can get through this month we should be OK, it's just the getting through this month part lol.
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Update!
So things are looking up a bit now. We've been approved for food stamps, mom is going got get a Lifeline phone and we're both looking for jobs. We're relatively stable and I now have unlimited internet :3
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

katCrusader wrote:Update!
So things are looking up a bit now. We've been approved for food stamps, mom is going got get a Lifeline phone and we're both looking for jobs. We're relatively stable and I now have unlimited internet :3
I am very glad to see that things are going a bit better. Please keep us up to date and hang in there ok? On the other hand,,, you got unlimited inet? Join back in the WW games :megusta:
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

katCrusader wrote:Update!
Good to hear that Xen, hope to be able to talk to you more often soon, hopefully everything'll go fine from now on.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Sounds good, keep us informed.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Community Discussion”