POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES

Rainboy

Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES

Post by Rainboy »

Shadi wrote:
HATER wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Policy lynching is the worst thing that could ever be introduced, so basically you want to lynch villagers?

So you hate the idea simply because it's a policy-lynch?

I guess you could say you're policy hating policy lynching...

Tbh I think the worst thing that could be introduced would be the child fathered by justin beiber and maki, but to each his own...
Yes, I don't see why "bad roleplay" should be killed with "bad roleplay".
But it's not bad roleplay; it's inactivity, sheeping and silence. We should all be interested in eliminating these strategies from the Mafia playbook, and the most powerful voice we have is the voice of the lynch. Allowing a culture of inactivity to grow only allows the mafia to hide among the inactive. Better to lynch a villager or two and be assured the mafia are out in the open than to scratch your head all game wondering where the heck they're hiding.
These users thanked the author Rainboy for the post:
Mati
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

They don't go out in the open.. lynching inactives has no relative tells and I rest my case it's counter productive. Solely because you should focus on mafia hunting. Just raise the mimimum for modkill until you're satisfied I'm not going to play anti-town by default coz of this.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Mati

Re: AW: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES

Post by Mati »

Why is inactivity considered pro-town?
lol
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Did I ever state it was? I'm saying lynching inactives instead of mafia hunting is anti-town. You get no relative tells. Lynch a player who has spoken about other players, flip: Town "oh ok, he said this guy was mafia, so now it's more possible he is one" lynch a guy who hasn't said jackshit "emm, ok lynch next inactive" if others protect him for no reason the mafia has to be pretty darn oblivious to relative tells.

So I ask once more, why not raise the minimum for a modkill?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Mati

Post by Mati »

Oh, of course, if there is a mafia read, sure go for it, but if there aren't really any suspects and just wild guesses, policy lynching inactives seems like a nice option.

As for the modkill requirement, it's pretty low already anyway, but people just vote every 2 rounds then and do nothing else. Changing it to just one round doesn't change much and hurts active players as well.
lol
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Mati wrote:Oh, of course, if there is a mafia read, sure go for it, but if there aren't really any suspects and just wild guesses, policy lynching inactives seems like a nice option.

As for the modkill requirement, it's pretty low already anyway, but people just vote every 2 rounds then and do nothing else. Changing it to just one round doesn't change much and hurts active players as well.
I can agree, if there are no traces (but this should be rare if mafia hunting occurs) then lynching inactives is good. I, however, feel it's different then and at that point people have at least tried. Meaning using brain before going into "policy"-mode.

As for raising requirements, we could try to find a way that isn't "once a round" or so.

- Benjamin Franklin
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

If there is no pressure to be active, mafia will happily hide among the inactive. Policy lynching inactives gives the mafia the motivation to be active enough so we CAN go mafia hunting.

I'm not saying that we should always lynch inactives over anyone else. I must saying that it's a pretty dang good option when you're not sure, which happens pretty often. When there's additional information, such as you and Maki claiming mafia R1 (which I still see as pretty dumb on both your parts), then go after those leads.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?

Return to “Community Discussion”