Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES

Post by Mati »

Bump and *sign*.
lol
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Policy lynching is bad and you should feel bad.

noseriously, dun do it, it's often horrible. Almost as horrible as lynching me R1 nonstop like you used to do.
Mati

Post by Mati »

Nope, it can be good with a proper reasoning. Someone inactive doesn't really help the game, and someone who trolls around often as well.
lol
Rainboy

Post by Rainboy »

Maki wrote:Policy lynching is bad and you should feel bad.

noseriously, dun do it, it's often horrible. Almost as horrible as lynching me R1 nonstop like you used to do.
It's bad in the short term but, if done correctly, good in the long term. It's a mechanic for altering the culture of a group of players, hopefully for the better (and in this case I think it is for the better).
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Rainboy wrote:

It's bad in the short term but, if done correctly, good in the long term. It's a mechanic for altering the culture of a group of players, hopefully for the better (and in this case I think it is for the better).
No
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Toon

Post by Toon »

Shadi wrote:
Rainboy wrote:

No
yes
Spoiler!
ImageImage
ImageImage
nice members
Veghan

Post by Veghan »

Yeh count me in, otherwise you get so many rounds like the nation game.There is no point in playing a game with afks.. Its like playing against bots.. You easly won lolz.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Fire Nation is long sure but not due to inactivity.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

I sign up for the role as a host!

I'm very prepeared for this Magestisc test!
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Esp with role reveal this idea ain't good, we get a most likely to be villager killed and since he's inactive we have no idea about his possible relations. Only reason to lynch an inactive is if every active is acting completely suspicion free and this hasn't often at all.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
HATER

Post by HATER »

a) First post: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Roughly about when I started playing LoL. Nice gravedig, guys.

b) However, gravedig or not, the point still stands. See Rainboy's post above.

As for Shadi, you DO realize that the purpose of this strategy is not to directly catch wolves by lynching inactives (because the inactives are most of the time villagers anyways). The purpose is to catch wolves (and make the game more active and fun) by forcing active, forthcoming play, where people talk to each other a lot and conduct their own detective work instead of waiting in the background hoping for someone else to do it. If wolves are forced out into the open and they're kept constantly on their toes having to talk and discuss, they're more likely to make mistakes.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

HATER wrote:a) First post: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Roughly about when I started playing LoL. Nice gravedig, guys.

b) However, gravedig or not, the point still stands. See Rainboy's post above.

As for Shadi, you DO realize that the purpose of this strategy is not to directly catch wolves by lynching inactives (because the inactives are most of the time villagers anyways). The purpose is to catch wolves (and make the game more active and fun) by forcing active, forthcoming play, where people talk to each other a lot and conduct their own detective work instead of waiting in the background hoping for someone else to do it. If wolves are forced out into the open and they're kept constantly on their toes having to talk and discuss, they're more likely to make mistakes.
Policy lynching is the worst thing that could ever be introduced, so basically you want to lynch villagers? Some people will always do the minimal, make that minimal higher and done.

I like more activity but I don't want to force it through stupid methods.

- Benjamin Franklin
HATER

Post by HATER »

Shadi wrote:
Policy lynching is the worst thing that could ever be introduced, so basically you want to lynch villagers?

So you hate the idea simply because it's a policy-lynch?

I guess you could say you're policy hating policy lynching...

Tbh I think the worst thing that could be introduced would be the child fathered by justin beiber and maki, but to each his own...
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

HATER wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Policy lynching is the worst thing that could ever be introduced, so basically you want to lynch villagers?

Tbh I think the worst thing that could be introduced would be the child fathered by justin beiber and maki, but to each his own...
Yes, I don't see why "bad roleplay" should be killed with "bad roleplay".

- Benjamin Franklin
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

HATER wrote:
Shadi wrote:

hater why do you flame me all day long, I understand I told you I was not interested in a relationship with you and I'd rather be with Justin bieber but pls stop.

Return to “Community Discussion”