View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 37 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

#1 Post POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
So, recently it has come to my attention thatpeople have been fucking inactive as hell. This is bad. It makes things boring and not fun.

So I'm starting a group of players:

We pledge to lynch anyone being inactive or exceptionally quiet, as they are a drag on the game.

Anyone who:

-Is afk
-has not voted
-does not give a good reason for voting
-does not write at least two game related sentences each round
-is deliberately being passive during an argument that demands the town takes sides
-is too quiet, as judged by our group
-uses bad grammar (this one's a joke or else blaze would always get lynched r1)

Anyone who displays any of the above traits WILL EARN THE VOTES OF OUR GROUP AND DIE.

Tl;dr: if you're inactive or too quiet, our group was created to lynch you.

Members:

1. HATER
2. Rainboy
3. Lien~
4. JSN

If you want to join and combat inactivity, then post in this thread.

ImageImage

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:07 am
Profile WWW

#2 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Sign me up. Unless I have a very good reason to not attend any rounds during an alive game I will be here and stay here untill the game is fully finished.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:28 am

#3 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Count me in. We need some life in these games.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:36 am

#4 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Rainboy wrote:
Count me in. We need some life in these games.
You were already on the list. Have you not read his post :naughty:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 am
Friend of the Community

#5 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
I don't think everybody knows what they sign up for, maybe the game doesn't pique or awake any interest / they might be incapable or having a tough time comprehending the game. Also stuff occasionally pops up and sometimes that is completely inevitable. In some cases you can't/won't explain. Granted, it may ruin it for others but what can you do. Both cml and Sexy have done it while hosting and are both liked players that just had an unfortunate time for instance.
For given reasons and arguments I want to question this a little.
I don't see a reason to witch hunt specific players. This game which is for fun/entertainment and whose gameplay is flexible through time zones and require little time has to wait in a queue of priorities from time to time despite the advantages given already.
I feel like I already posted this once so imma copy paste to be sure this time.

Edit: I now remember where I posted a bit of this longer post nvm.

- Benjamin Franklin

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 am

#6 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
count me in, I was an advocate of the lynch-the-inactive-to-force-them-to-vote movement.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:10 am

#7 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Shadi wrote:
I don't think everybody knows what they sign up for, maybe the game doesn't pique or awake any interest / they might be incapable or having a tough time comprehending the game. Also stuff occasionally pops up and sometimes that is completely inevitable. In some cases you can't/won't explain. Granted, it may ruin it for others but what can you do. Both cml and Sexy have done it while hosting and are both liked players that just had an unfortunate time for instance.
For given reasons and arguments I want to question this a little.
I don't see a reason to witch hunt specific players. This game which is for fun/entertainment and whose gameplay is flexible through time zones and require little time has to wait in a queue of priorities from time to time despite the advantages given already.
I feel like I already posted this once so imma copy paste to be sure this time.

Edit: I now remember where I posted a bit of this longer post nvm.

Again, this is a small minority of our current problem. For now, the majority of players are inactive for no other reason than the rest of the players are inactive. We need to break it, and we need to break it fast.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:36 am

#8 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
I think that we should have a few guiders. I am completely honest when saying that I would have NEVER signed up if it wasn't for Shadi, QS and Rainboy. Those were the 3 that guided me and along the way HATER aswell. If I wouldn't have had such good guidance I would have fucked myself right out of the game as soon as I could. xReii^ for example, he is new to the game and has NO clue what he has to do. He basically jumped in this and is, after 5 rounds, still completely oblivious to the game's rules (no offense to you here xReii^!). I therefore hope that you consider the fact that it's the lack of guidance what's part of the problem here. Especially when it comes to nD players. They are used to playing games, active games. Not those like these where it can take up days before you get to know your peeks, see the votes and overall outcome of the round. Just my thoughts though.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:49 am

#9 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Lien~ wrote:
I think that we should have a few guiders. I am completely honest when saying that I would have NEVER signed up if it wasn't for Shadi, QS and Rainboy. Those were the 3 that guided me and along the way HATER aswell. If I wouldn't have had such good guidance I would have fucked myself right out of the game as soon as I could. xReii^ for example, he is new to the game and has NO clue what he has to do. He basically jumped in this and is, after 5 rounds, still completely oblivious to the game's rules (no offense to you here xReii^!). I therefore hope that you consider the fact that it's the lack of guidance what's the problem here. Especially when it comes to nD players. They are used to playing games, active games. Not those like these where it can take up days before you get to know your peeks, see the votes and overall outcome of the round. Just my thoughts though.

Another good point, but the root problem is still inactivity among the veterans. We can't go anywhere with ideas like this when even the most veteran players like MMage go inactive until ranted at.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:10 am

#10 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Maybe Mage has a valid point for why he is so inactive? I see no real reason for why smart people, whoms names are mentioned before, would go inactive during an active game. Tbh, I think that it would be easier to attract new players if each and every one of them (if wanted that is) would be guided by someone who is capable of hosting a game. If the guide is someone who isn't even capable of hosting a game then I don't think that person should be seen as a qualified person to do so. Other than that, yes, it's the (in)activity that plays a main part in this game among other things. To keep it alive and active, the players that are playing should atleast know what to they have to do. Otherwise we keep ourselves in an unwanted spiral. We need to have a solution to the problem instead of creating another problem first. Problem with the posts you and HATER have made are that you basically force people to be active(see Shadi's post) and that can very much be seen as taking away a part of the fun. How about you update the rules, the main rules that is? Don't let someone participate unless the person is sure of his/her activity. On the other hand you will get people that aren't sure whether they will be able to keep their activity up for the whole game (which can last for days), or people that claim to stay active and yet get into certain circumstances which are real life related. As said before, we should be able to find a good and helpfull solution to this problem instead of thinking of something which might come over as too strict. It can and will give a counter effect and maybe even withhold the players from signing up in the first place.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:07 am

#11 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Quote:
"is too quiet, as judged by our group"

If you could modify this rule I could help, since the first "is too quiet" well almost all players are quiet either if they wanna go unnoticed with a role which make him a one-player team. Or if they just dont wanna get suspicous.

nice members

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:21 am

#12 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
I'm gonna try to step up my game and become a bit more of a leader instead of just following, and I hope others do the same.

http://www.twitch.tv/mange2xd

Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 am

#13 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Lien~ wrote:
xReii^ for example, he is new to the game and has NO clue what he has to do. He basically jumped in this and is, after 5 rounds, still completely oblivious to the game's rules (no offense to you here xReii^!).

This is partially my fault. Same with laca. I said i will help them out on this game, but the problem has been that i have had so much work now. I just simply dont have time to think/discuss with other people about thinking of who i will vote and im still suppose to help those guys.
So that was a fail.

And because of all of this inactiveness thing im going to drop out from HATERS and Emzieks next game eventho it sounds really interesting. But i never know do i actually have time to think everything through. I might seem a bit afk all the time, but im trying to talk to people on steam. Hardly get any decent replies.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm

#14 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
Royal Toon wrote:
Quote:
"is too quiet, as judged by our group"

If you could modify this rule I could help, since the first "is too quiet" well almost all players are quiet either if they wanna go unnoticed with a role which make him a one-player team. Or if they just dont wanna get suspicous.

That's fine, but the point of this is to make activity the "normal" thing to do, so that village power roles and wolves alike HAVE to be active in order to AVOID looking suspicious.

Currently, to be active means you stand out. And it follows that if you stand out you're likely to get killed. We aim to fix that by making inactivity the very thing that makes you suspicious.

ImageImage

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:53 pm
Profile WWW

#15 Post Re: POLICY-LYNCHING INACTIVES
HATER wrote:
-uses bad grammar (this one's a joke or else blaze would always get lynched r1)

Ty ty. Im very happy for that.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next