View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 14 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
machoZeroSKillz wrote:
How can i play The werewolf game ?

And judging your forum behaviour, you better make sure you read the rules at least 10 times, so you will understand what it takes to play.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 pm

#17 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I can help code it if you would like. It is just you would need to wait 5 or so years 'till I accually learn Java. XD

But it really does sound like a great idea and it would be sweet if when you make it we could get a mobile version :)

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

#18 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Make this happen

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 pm

#19 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Unownist wrote:
Make this happen

Yes please. I'm even willing to learn how to work with Java to do it. I'll fund this project with eggs. Homemade eggs.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 am

#20 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I have actually seriously considered making this my senior project for college. Senior Design for me is next semester (either Fall or Spring, depending on work).

Out of curiosity, how many people here would be interested in helping out? Knowing Java is nice, but I'd also appreciate help designing it (which will actually be a significant chore).

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:49 am

#21 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Rainboy wrote:
I have actually seriously considered making this my senior project for college. Senior Design for me is next semester (either Fall or Spring, depending on work).

Out of curiosity, how many people here would be interested in helping out? Knowing Java is nice, but I'd also appreciate help designing it (which will actually be a significant chore).

You have my notepad.txt

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:50 am

#22 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I dont really play this game, but I am interested in coding if you guys mean that. Currently I'm coding in C# but Java kinda looks like it. It would be great to help you out, just to learn more about coding in general.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:57 am

#23 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I think this is somewhat relevant.
http://www.blankmediagames.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... owser-game

Spoiler: show

Edit:
This game lacks the option to add in unique roles and to configurate the current roles & Game rules, but it may give you some ideas.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:18 am
Friend of the Community

#24 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Rainboy wrote:

poke me when you need design help and you got yourself a deal.

- Benjamin Franklin

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm

#25 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
People make this happen. I'll help. I know I can't do much but I'm think the little I'll do will be enough.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:29 pm

#26 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I know nothing of Java coding, but I have ideas to share if you would like to hear them as you develope the game.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:37 pm

#27 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Alrighty, my semester is over and I'm looking to get this rolling. I'm going to start working on designing this thing and figuring out what we want to do.

I'd like to see who's interested in this and what peoples' current skills/interests are. A large part (if not all) of the project will be done in Java, so skills with the language are most valuable here.

So, that said, anyone wishing to work with me on this project should post here with answers to the following questions:

Do you have/are you willing to get TeamSpeak to communicate with the rest of the group? Regardless of how you want to help, communication will make this a lot easier.

Do you want to help with the programming? Design/Research? Testing? (Or some combination thereof?)

If you want to help with programming:
Do you have experience with Java?
If not, do you have experience with other programming languages?
If yes to either of these, what kinds of projects have you worked on before that would give me some idea of what skills you have? Can you give me source code to look over, or the finished product itself?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions as we go along, but that'll give us a good start. For those of you wanting to participate in requirements/testing, there's not as much to talk about.

Depending on what kind of response I get, this may or may not become my senior project for college. If it does, I will be extremely serious about the project and will need a higher level of commitment from those of you who want to help. If it doesn't become my senior project, I will be spending time on another senior project and will probably act more as a coordinator and leader for this rather than getting my hands dirty with the insides. Whatever the case, we have a few months to figure out that problem. Just know that it's there. I'm hoping to catch a couple of people who have a passion for Werewolf, programming or both to help me out here.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:02 am

#28 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
As I'm the person that came up with the idea, you know that I'm interested.

We've talked about this before, you know my skills, and also how hard it can be to motivate me to do anything resembling actual work.

ImageImage

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Friend of the Community

#29 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
I can feedback and test, however, I cannot promise hours of devotion to the programme but I can take a look once in a while when progress has been made and tell what could be changed.

- Benjamin Franklin

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 pm

#30 Post Re: Werewolf Flash/Java Game Client
Do wanna be a Beta or Alpha or Lambda tester. My skill are just plain zero on everything.

Heart-Break

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next