View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 2 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Friend of the Community

#16 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
SiX wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
SiX wrote:
I'd like to apply for Permamod.

You'll need to make another thread (like this one) in Community Discussion. Post your reasons and we'll wait a week to see if two people motion for you. Once that's done, I'll have Hater/Maki/Shadi open up a poll for it. Good luck!

Thanks! I opened a poll myself though if that's fine.
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=27890

You need explicit motions before a poll is opened...

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:42 am
nD** Runner Member

#17 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
Can any of us motion for him?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:47 am

#18 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
Maki wrote:
SiX wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
SiX wrote:
I'd like to apply for Permamod.

You'll need to make another thread (like this one) in Community Discussion. Post your reasons and we'll wait a week to see if two people motion for you. Once that's done, I'll have Hater/Maki/Shadi open up a poll for it. Good luck!

Thanks! I opened a poll myself though if that's fine.
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=27890

You need explicit motions before a poll is opened...

Explicit motions? From whom? If it's from the player base I don't see why they can't just type and vote in the newly created topic. I'd like you to enlighten me why this is necessary. Thank you.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:31 pm

#19 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
Personally, I don't mind the vote, knowing that it will be invalidated if we don't have motions.

As far as motions, anyone who's completed at least one game can motion. Do so in bold red in the thread he created.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:23 pm

#20 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
SiX wrote:

Explicit motions? From whom? If it's from the player base I don't see why they can't just type and vote in the newly created topic. I'd like you to enlighten me why this is necessary. Thank you.

If you can't follow the rules to be promoted, how can we expect you to follow the rules of the position?

ImageImage

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile WWW

#21 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

If you can't follow the rules to be promoted, how can we expect you to follow the rules of the position?

It would help if the permamods could create a topic where it's explicitly stated that this is a requirement. Or at the very least make it more obvious where an existing one is located. Because it may just be me, but I cannot seem to find one.

At any rate, this is such a trivial matter that even if such a "rule" does exist, it's just laughable getting worked up over it. After all it's as Rainboy said; the poll will be neglected if there aren't motions. But understand that a vote in the poll is in itself a motion. It shows what the community thinks. Why would you not want me to create a poll? It even allows people to stay anonymous.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:46 pm

#22 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
SiX wrote:
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

It would help if the permamods could create a topic where it's explicitly stated that this is a requirement. Or at the very least make it more obvious where an existing one is located. Because it may just be me, but I cannot seem to find one.

At any rate, this is such a trivial matter that even if such a "rule" does exist, it's just laughable getting worked up over it. After all it's as Rainboy said; the poll will be neglected if there aren't motions. But understand that a vote in the poll is in itself a motion. It shows what the community thinks. Why would you not want me to create a poll? It even allows people to stay anonymous.

I doubt anyone's "getting worked up" over anything -- I simply asked a small question. If it was a bigger deal I'd have removed the poll, but I'm in agreement with Rain to let it slide as long as you got the two motions you needed somewhere along the way.

Arguably, a vote in the poll that "even allows users to stay anonymous" is indeed different than a public post where someone vouches for someone by motioning. Please don't draw false equivalencies.

And, finally, Rain actually did create a topic that clearly states this procedure: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=15798 -- again, if you don't know the rules, how can you be expected to enforce them?

ImageImage

Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

#23 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

Nobody's "getting worked up" over anything -- I simply asked a small question. If it was a bigger deal I'd have removed the poll, but I'm in agreement with Rain to let it slide as long as you got the two motions you needed somewhere along the way.

Arguably, a vote in the poll that "even allows users to stay anonymous" is indeed different than a public post where someone vouches for someone by motioning. Please don't draw false equivalencies.

And, finally, Rain actually did create a topic that clearly states this procedure: viewtopic.php?f=179&t=15798 -- again, if you don't know the rules, how can you be expected to enforce them?

It might not have been meant as such from your side, but I interpret it as though you are attempting to find the speck in my eyes. Regardless, to answer your question assuming it was an honest one, I wish to say it's no longer of importance. If one has the experience, rules are easy to learn. And this has now been learned.

As for the poll-motion and the post-motion; it's not much of a difference. Feel free to elaborate why it is different. Or different enough to make a deal out of so to say.

Edit: And thanks for linking the topic. It could have been made more clear though rather than hiding it under other content.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 pm

#24 Post Re: Stepping down as Permamod: Rainboy and MMage
SiX wrote:
HATER wrote:
SiX wrote:

I take exception to your assertion that voting yes is equivalent to making a motion. The making of a motion is intentionally a public thing: it puts you out into the community as believing that the person in question is reputable enough to be considered for permamod. That said, we have three motions already, so it's a moot point.

I also take mild exception to you yourself getting worked up over this, as evidenced by the fact that you defended a meaningless position instead of simply letting Hater win all of the nothing you two are now fighting over. A permamod should be patient and civil at all times; you're ironically leaving a bad impression during the time your own promotion is up for vote.

Finally, as Hater said, we have indeed made a topic about this. It's brief and to the point, and it clearly states the rules for how this works. Heck, for every promotion we've had thusfar, I've posted these ground rules pretty early in the thread. If you'd taken the time to see how our past permamod votes have worked, you'd see exactly how this is supposed to happen. Just so things are super clear, I've gone and changed the title of my original hosting signups thread to better reflect that it contains this information.

I am going to temporarily vote no in the community discussion thread until my reservations here have been satisfied. If this is the way you plan to treat being a permamod, I sadly don't think you'll be a good fit. The con I posted in the other thread is truly a major one for me; I believe that while diversity of thought is very important in the permamod team, it is absolutely imperative that our second permamod be someone that is able to resolve differences with Hater civilly and privately. Based on this conversation alone, I'm not sure you can do that. My vote will remain a no until such time that you manage to get Hater to publicly state that he has voted for you or you are able to prove to me that you can deal with him in a manor worthy of the position you seek.

I will post a copy of this post into the community discussion thread. I suggest we continue this conversation there. In fact, I would suggest that Hater move related posts out of this thread and into that one.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2